Heavy Rocket Sound?

This game appears to use it.

Found this marginally fun little arcade game (it's not great, but after stage 10 it begins to get a little more difficult - until then it just gets increasingly easier - and it is sort of fun) - problem with it is that the sound they use for missiles reminds me very closely of the Heavy rocket from EV. However, I really don't know if it's any sort of copyright violation or anything since it could very well be a coincidental recording of the same sound from the real world. I do kind of like the game, though. I'm a sucker for simple little arcade games.

http://www.gamegarag...alypse-outpost/

I've heard that sound effect used before on other games. I think it's a pretty commonly used sound. I could be wrong, by I doubt there is any copyright violation. Sounds are often reused a lot. I can't describe some of them, but if you watch movies enough you notice that you always hear that one sound effect of the guy yelling as hes dying or being thrown across the screen or blown-up. In general, it's very common to use sound effects over and over for different projects.

Or that klaxon alarm sound, I hear that everywhere.

@duke_juker, on Jan 24 2009, 04:03 PM, said in Heavy Rocket Sound?:

I can't describe some of them, but if you watch movies enough you notice that you always hear that one sound effect of the guy yelling as hes dying or being thrown across the screen or blown-up.

That would be the Wilhelm scream.

I hear the same elevator sound in many games and movies. Remember the classic elevator noise from Marathon 1? I hear same noise in many other places. Sounds are reused a LOT.