EV Icon

Hm, no non-pinned topics visible here. Guess it's time to make a new one 🙂

I'm in want of an OS X EV application icon (ie, 128x128 or 512x512 if possible) but not being a graphic designer I'm having a bit of trouble and am wondering if anyone here would be able to help. I'm looking for someone who can either design and create an icon themselves, or is able to provide renders of the Hawk (closely resembling the original) that I could use. Any help at all would be appreciated.

Are you are looking for a new, completely recreated icon?

Why not just use one of the originals?

I have limited experience doing rendering in Photoshop or else I would help. You might ask Coraxus. He's probably got something in his extensive library of images that he can tweak for you.

@callide, on Dec 7 2008, 03:28 PM, said in EV Icon:

Why not just use one of the originals?

Because the original icons are only 32x32, a far cry from the large-size icons that Mac OS X users expect.

Guy: If you take the 100x100 shipyard picture of the Hawk and draw a simple border around it (or even use Photoshop's Bevel and Emboss command), that should produce a 128x128 icon as good as the original game's was. Finding a source for a 512x512 icon is a bit harder, but perhaps the opening screen might provide something?

@guy, on Dec 6 2008, 09:07 PM, said in EV Icon:

Hm, no non-pinned topics visible here. Guess it's time to make a new one 🙂

I'm in want of an OS X EV application icon (ie, 128x128 or 512x512 if possible) but not being a graphic designer I'm having a bit of trouble and am wondering if anyone here would be able to help. I'm looking for someone who can either design and create an icon themselves, or is able to provide renders of the Hawk (closely resembling the original) that I could use. Any help at all would be appreciated.

I can check with Marcus tomorrow and see if he has anything that might be usable. you'll definitely want 512x512 though.

Queue speculation on what Guy intends to do with a 512x512 icon pertaining to EVC...

@jacabyte, on Dec 7 2008, 10:34 PM, said in EV Icon:

Queue speculation on what Guy intends to do with a 512x512 icon pertaining to EVC...

What's to speculate about? he authored an EVC and EVO port to EVN, EVN is slated to receive an update in the near future...

@rudy, on Dec 8 2008, 02:31 PM, said in EV Icon:

I can check with Marcus tomorrow and see if he has anything that might be usable. you'll definitely want 512x512 though.

Hey thanks heaps, rudy 🙂
If there's nothing there I'll try contacting Coraxus or some others.

@jacabyte, on Dec 8 2008, 03:34 PM, said in EV Icon:

Make a copy of the Nova app and paste the icon onto it. At least, that is a possibility... :unsure:

Or maybe an OS X "port" of EVC that is really Nova with EVC files in "Nova Files"...

Hey thanks EVWeb 🙂
Needs a couple of guns on each wing though. Also, could you make it just a plain light grey? I'm wanting the original style from the first version of EV, like it appears in the fighter bay (wish I had those original graphics).

This post has been edited by Guy : 23 December 2008 - 08:21 PM

Sneak peek:
(edit:removed)

This post has been edited by Guy : 20 October 2009 - 04:22 AM

Those look like applications in a plain-white folder, do they not?

cryptic frown