EV title theme song

??

anyone have a copy of it, or know where it came from?

I highly doubt Ambrosia was able to higher a full scale orchestra to play a 30 second tidbit for their little game.

Mars, by Gustav Holst.

I heard it playing at the museum of science a while ago.

-Peter

edit: lol 🙂

This post has been edited by p3ter_st0ry : 18 August 2008 - 01:44 PM

Hello, thmanx, and welcome to the boards. The title music for Escape Velocity is a piece called 'Face of the Enemy' from the clip-music company Killer Tracks. The full version (without, of course, a licence to use it) used to be available from their web site, but the link I had doesn't seem to work any more. EV Override 's theme is likewise a piece of clip-music. Now and then we hear reports of both pieces showing up in television commercials or documentaries.

Don't underestimate Ambrosia, though - for EV Nova they really did hire a local orchestra to record Holst's 'Mars' for the main theme.

Looks like Killer Tracks has redone their website quite a bit:

http://www.networkmu...e/KillerTracks/

If you go to the TrakFinder and search for Face of the Enemy, you can hear the full version.

Likewise, the EV Override title music is called Larry's Orchestral Adventure.

While the recording of Holst's Mars for EV Nova is done by a full orchestra, the couple of tracks above sound more like they were done with more of a studio orchestra (some key instruments and tactful mixing work).

After listening to "Face of the Enemy", I've become filled with an incredible urge to play EV Classic on a PowerMac or something...

I always wanted to make a plug-in called Face of the Enemy. 🙂

I heard Face of the Enemy once in a Discovery Channel program.

Someone should make an EV documentary and use the music for it...

Yeah thanks for the response people. I've always had a thing for great music & thinking of EV got me wondering...

There was NOOO way Ambrosia at that time had the cash to do something like that in house... just for 30 seconds.
Thanks for the info, i'll be listening to this ALOT.
Edit
Ohh wow this is amazing, Starting up Wiretap now... =O

Edit2
Damn, this is crazy... i feel like I'm 8 all over again. Had no clue of this company, how you guys figure out what the songs were called, let alone where to find them?
Any more suggestions that are like this on their site?

This post has been edited by thmanx : 20 August 2008 - 01:52 AM

Killer Tracks are listed in the game's credits, and various people have at different times gone through their web site to find the pieces used.

So what's the deal, can you get the songs for free?

@mrxak, on Aug 21 2008, 04:37 AM, said in EV title theme song:

So what's the deal, can you get the songs for free?

You can listen to them for free (and even record them if you have WireTap), but to actually use them in a film or game, you have to pay - that's how Killer Tracks make their money.

You can get a really low quality version of it for free 😛

Oh wow... I kinda wish the full version was in EVC. It's really darn good.

@jacabyte, on Aug 23 2008, 02:55 PM, said in EV title theme song:

Oh wow... I kinda wish the full version was in EVC.

Back in 1996, every megabyte counted. 🙂

I know, but what's another meg, huh? 😛