I GOT AN E-MAIL

Evan Smith told me to come here...

I got a reply for one of my problems. And it is...

HOW DO U SAVE?!?!?!?!?!?!? :huh: :huh: :huh:

Erm... Have you tried landing? That usually does it.

Welcome to the boards, Anomynous Nerd.

egroeg is correct. Landing saves your game at that point.

Also, it helps to make copies of your pilot file every once in a while. That way if you want to go back and, say, purchase a different ship for a specific mission, or start a different story line, you can do that without starting the entire game over.

Just open the Pilots folder, select your pilot file and then Duplicate File. I usually rename them as the date I saved them.

Good luck.
Callide

This post has been edited by Callide : 27 March 2008 - 06:07 PM

Note: If you ever use the 'Anathema Chapter 2' plugin and happen to accept a certain mission by the name of 'Grand Tour', save a backup copy of your pilot file BEFORE you accept the mission.

You'll see why. >)

@soitbegins, on Mar 28 2008, 06:35 PM, said in I GOT AN E-MAIL:

Note: If you ever use the 'Anathema Chapter 2' plugin and happen to accept a certain mission by the name of 'Grand Tour', save a backup copy of your pilot file BEFORE you accept the mission.

You'll see why. >)

Erm... SoItBegins this is the EVC boards not the nova boards.

Wait a second..... <_<

I was just told that the CORRECT way to save was to land... But it isn't. Your all wrong, it's land... do something... leave the planet. Someone in my house plays the game, too.

@anomynous-nerd, on Mar 28 2008, 03:08 PM, said in I GOT AN E-MAIL:

Wait a second..... <_<
I was just told that the CORRECT way to save was to land... But it isn't. Your all wrong, it's land... do something... leave the planet. Someone in my house plays the game, too.

OH MY GOSH!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: IT DIDN'T WORK!!!!!!!!!!! NOT EVEN LANDING WORKS!!!!!!!! WHHHHYYYY!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :mad: 😞 :mad: 😞 :mad: 😞

Wait this ain't the nova boards... Oh well THERES MY PROBLEM!!

I play nova! Where are the nova boards?

Chill dude.

Game play is the same for EV, EVO and Nova. You land and that saves your game.

Are your trying to accomplish something other than "saving"? Maybe you're not using the same pilot? Too many plugins in the plugin folder?

The Nova forum is just below the Banter and Brawl.

If your playing the game from a non-rewritetable (sp?) CD or in other words a CD which you can't save anything to then EVN will be unable to save your game. If this is the case copying your EVN folder to your harddrive will fix this. Another possible problem is that you're pilot is not in your pilots folder, in this case EVN will have saved to a duplicate file in the pilots folder.

Edit: pissible instead of possible for some reason.

This post has been edited by egroeg : 28 March 2008 - 02:47 PM

Alternatively, we could all be wrong.
I know! Ask the someone in your house who plays the game how to save correctly. Then come back and tell us how to do it too.

Technically, it saves on takeoff, not on landing--that is, if you force quit while landed, your game is not saved.

(or at least, that's what I got from my brief testing with Nova and my memories from earlier EVs)

This post has been edited by macmaxbh : 28 March 2008 - 08:57 PM

As others have said, landing will save your game in ALL EV games. If it doesn't there is a problem with the disk that you're saving to, probably it's read only. Help for that will not be found here.

Second, please be less abusive to the people here. Using all caps and being all abrasive is a sure way to piss people off, but maybe that's what you were trying to do, or maybe not.

In any case, I'm locking this. If you have further questions please use the appropriate web board and ask in a calm and diplomatic manner.

Cham