MST Industries Missions

Are they meant to be there?

First off, "Distribute Biological Weapons" is available only in the bar on Landfall. There is no bar on Landfall.
Second off, this reference to Landfall in the briefing: "... and don't forget to return to this station ..." Landfall is a planet.

So what's going on here?

Note: I have not received this mission in-game. I've just been poking around in the data file. This is just to clear up any worries that my game is screwed.

You haven't screwed up.

It's been a while since I played EV, but it might be the Confed version of missions that are similar to Rebel missions which are available only on Clotho, where you distribute munitions and they tell you not to forget to return there for more work.

There's also a short side mission between Tau Ceti and (IIRC) Landfall where you pick up toxic waste and return with a refined product, though I can't remember if it's bio weapons. It doesn't affect game play.

P.S. You might find other oddities as you poke around in the data but that doesn't mean the game is messed up. Since EV has been around a long time if there was anything majorly wrong either it would have been fixed by now or it was a non-issue.

This post has been edited by Callide : 20 February 2008 - 05:00 PM

Following some advice from Chamrin I think in the port the mission was moved to another planet (Tabletop?) which does have a bar. Good spotting with the station thing though, perhaps there's some station which would be more appropriate.

I don't remember what the mission was but there was some other one which in theory shouldn't have worked because it had a return stellar which was not visible (or something like that) and the EV engine wasn't capable of handling that like EVN can.

This post has been edited by Guy : 20 February 2008 - 06:23 PM