Just a question

So I'm playing Escape Velocity, the original one, and I'm doing this storyline with the Rebellion. It started with me dropping off some marines on Luna (Sol system), then a few other little things, and now I'm endlessly delivering stuff for them (go to the bar in Clotho Prime, get given a delivery, do it, come back, repeat).

So I've delivered for them like 10 times and nothing is changing, does anything ever happen? Should I just give up?

@retroactive, on Jan 11 2008, 03:57 AM, said in Just a question:

So I'm playing Escape Velocity, the original one, and I'm doing this storyline with the Rebellion. It started with me dropping off some marines on Luna (Sol system), then a few other little things, and now I'm endlessly delivering stuff for them (go to the bar in Clotho Prime, get given a delivery, do it, come back, repeat).

So I've delivered for them like 10 times and nothing is changing, does anything ever happen? Should I just give up?

Go other places in Rebel space besides Clotho, and something will come up eventually. The shipping missions from Clotho Prime themselves don't lead to anything else.

Ah, thank you. I was getting tired of doing those things...

retroactive, what is your pilot rating? If it's low you will need increase it to pick up further missions. Try killing some pirates and see what happens.

Also, some missions have an availability of 10% or something, so you have to try a few times to pick them up.

If I recall, unless specified, Rebel missions were picked up at Palshife.

Good luck.

@callide, on Jan 12 2008, 03:35 PM, said in Just a question:

retroactive, what is your pilot rating? If it's low you will need increase it to pick up further missions. Try killing some pirates and see what happens.

Also, some missions have an availability of 10% or something, so you have to try a few times to pick them up.

If I recall, unless specified, Rebel missions were picked up at Palshife.

Good luck.

I'm pretty sure you can pick up the major string on any Rebel planet. I usually like to get mine on Sirgil because you have to go snooping on the Nexus system and such. You do end up at Palshife though.

@cippy, on Jan 13 2008, 09:56 AM, said in Just a question:

I'm pretty sure you can pick up the major string on any Rebel planet.

Ja, correct, but he's started it already since he took the marines to Luna. 🙂

Just be patient. You will get there eventually. Train and make tons of money while your waiting, too. 😉