An Escape Velocity-aholic needs help..

need help getting this on my macbook.

Hey guys, i am going to pre-emptively apologize for jumping on here and sounding like a total newb.

That being said, I reaalllly need to get Escape Velocity operational on my new mac however I can...

I was a long-time PC user, recently converted to Mac (and i will never go back!)

My new job requires that I use a Mac, and i find it soooo much better to navigate through OS X than Windows, it made my head-spin!

anyway, moving on....

Back in the day one of my friends had a Mac, and Escape Velocity (the first)... and it is still one of my all-time favorite games... (right up there with Microprose's XCOM:UFO Defense)

I have downloaded the EV:Nova .sit file and when i try to open it on my computer it attempts to open in microsoft word for some reason... I am going to buy it the second I get it running.... can anybody help me out?

I have breezed through the screenshots and it looks amazing. I am eagerly awaiting help on this situation, thanks everyone.

-sam

Do you have Stuffit Expander? You'll need that to expand the file.

However, if you're on one of the new X3100 MacBooks, beware that EV Nova does not run as of yet anyhow.

i picked up my macbook about a week ago... so my guess it is one of the new ones? not sure how to find out, i am downloading stuffit as we speak, thank you for the link! i will give it a shot anyway, but thanks for the heads up that chances are it will not work

-sam

Yeah, you should have one of the new ones. If you'd like to confirm, go to the Apple Menu, select About This Mac, and then pick More Info... and that will give you the data you need.

And no problem, it surfaced in another thread and it needed to be passed on. 🙂