Registering Classic

I don't get what to point is.

What's to point of registering Classic actually do? In Nova you get banned from capturing ship, actually get killed by Hector from going past the 30 day time limit, and a bunch of other stuff. In Classic you can capture ship, you don't get killed for going past 30 days, As far as I know all that happens is that you don't get the registering reminder. What actually happens when you register?

At least in some point in EV, Captain Hector did attack you; his Rapier was very menacing and could slaughter weaker ships, with its infinite torpedo and heavy rocket supply.

The last time I've seen him attack in EV was probably over five years ago. I suspect that 1.0.5 didn't have Hector attacks, though I don't know for sure.

So at one point, it had a practical use; now, though, you just buy it for the warm feeling inside, of having finally laid down money for a game you've played for two hundred hours, for over five years, without paying a cent.

Edit: (Though really more than ten years, since it's been out that long.)

This post has been edited by Consul Bob : 03 November 2007 - 07:19 PM

@consul-bob, on Nov 3 2007, 08:11 PM, said in Registering Classic:

At least in some point in EV, Captain Hector did attack you; his Rapier was very menacing and could slaughter weaker ships, with its infinite torpedo and heavy rocket supply.

The last time I've seen him attack in EV was probably over five years ago. I suspect that 1.0.5 didn't have Hector attacks, though I don't know for sure.

So at one point, it had a practical use; now, though, you just buy it for the warm feeling inside, of having finally laid down money for a game you've played for two hundred hours, for over five years, without paying a cent.

Edit: (Though really more than ten years, since it's been out that long.)

You're right in saying 1.0.5 didn't have Hector attack you. I'm not sure what version it was.

But yes, it was the warm feeling inside that made me register it. EV was well worth the few bucks.

I always assumed it was just some issue with dates and that after some real date (y2k?) hector forgot to attack anymore.

I always assumed it was just some issue with dates and that after some real date (y2k?) hector forgot to attack anymore.

I am totally testing that theory next time I'm in Classic.

Yeah, the last time I played the actual Classic was a few years ago on a mac that is now broken. The same one I have mentioned before with the broken Logic board. I presume Hector doesn't attack me due to having a newer version than 1.0.4. Thanks for replying guys.

I think Hector stole your credits too.
Or maybe that was in EVO.

Hector only stole in EVO.

@consul-bob, on Nov 4 2007, 10:36 PM, said in Registering Classic:

Hector only stole in EVO.

Yeah, just EVO. It got annoying trying to but a United Earth Carrier.

One reason you pay to play is to keep Magnus employed. Hello! 😛

Another is to support Ambrosia so they can keep producing their awesome software and games.

Besides, EVC has so many excellent plugins, it's like getting a bunch of games all for the low, low cost of one.

Many people responded to the original game’s lack of restrictions in the same manner as you did — that’s why the number of restrictions on unregistered users has increased so much over the years.

That makes perfect sense. It also makes me realize that I probably should've searched the forum before making this topic. <_<