Forklift

Uknowing how to use......

I just unlocked the forklift and I do not know what button to pres to use it please help......

First double check to see if it's actually loaded on your ship. Enter your ship, then press P (Mac) and under "Extras" it will show all your upgrades, etc. If it is, then quit the game and relaunch it, but don't enter your ship, but follow the instructions below.

It would be considered a secondary weapon. I forgot what the stock default key is for the secondaries, but... you launch EV, and when the screen shows different options, double click on Game Preferences. In the middle of the screen, under Weapon Controls it will show you which keys are for Selecting Secondary and Fire Secondary. You can customize this to whichever keys you want.

Good luck!
Callide

P.S. Welcome to the boards, Bob v2.

This post has been edited by Callide : 22 March 2007 - 07:29 PM

Yep, Callide got it right. The standard keys (for EV) are W for selecting secondary weapons and shift to shoot 'em.

And just a tip: Keep away from the ship you're firing that forklift at. 🙂

I also do not know were to go on the Rebel mission were I wust overtake a confed ship near ruby with aerodyne outpost prototypes

@bob-v2, on Mar 23 2007, 09:06 AM, said in Forklift:

I also do not know were to go on the Rebel mission were I wust overtake a confed ship near ruby with aerodyne outpost prototypes

Rebel missions are usually found around the Palshife or Sirgil areas. I would suggest looking in the bars on the respective plants. Also, make sure your combat rating and rating with the Rebels are at the proper levels.

sorry but I am on the mission and the confed freighter is supposed to be near ruby but I have not found it yet....I already have the mission

NVM I found and terminated the ship after boarding it of course now just the alien mission is left..... must gaet a pillar of society and a deadly for that..... oh and can I keep the tractor beam,forklift and cloak when I upgrade my ship from a coverette to a kestrel?

oops! I got a flood control error and thought my post did not go through so I posted it again.......

This post has been edited by Bob v2 : 23 March 2007 - 05:26 PM

@bob-v2, on Mar 23 2007, 06:24 PM, said in Forklift:

NVM I found and terminated the ship after boarding it of course now just the alien mission is left..... must gaet a pillar of society and a deadly for that..... oh and can I keep the tractor beam,forklift and cloak when I upgrade my ship from a coverette to a kestrel?

Yep. These weapons transfer from ship to ship.

I love that about EVC. In one or both of the other EVs, weapons don't transfer. <_< I think that was EVO.

what does the tractor beam do........ It seems useless.......

@bob-v2, on Mar 24 2007, 01:07 PM, said in Forklift:

what does the tractor beam do........ It seems useless.......

The tractor beam is a beam weapon that holds your enemy in one place while you can use turrets on the enemy. Very effective against the alien crusier at the end of the Rebel storyline.

@duke_juker, on Mar 23 2007, 10:38 PM, said in Forklift:

I love that about EVC. In one or both of the other EVs, weapons don't transfer. <_< I think that was EVO.

EVO? I don't remember losing the cloak device when I upgraded ships.

@crow-t--robot, on Mar 24 2007, 01:02 PM, said in Forklift:

The tractor beam is a beam weapon that holds your enemy in one place while you can use turrets on the enemy. Very effective against the alien crusier at the end of the Rebel storyline.

Yes, especially if you are in a slow carrier-type ship and don't have the speed to chase after your quarry. The aliens move very quickly and are tricky to glomp on to, IIFC it's easier to destroy them if you can get them from behind.

The other thing you can do is keep circling the cruiser and it won't hit you as long as you keep moving. But I think the tractor beam is more effective. 🆒

forklift..mmm..

This post has been edited by WickTownEV : 19 September 2007 - 05:14 PM

Too bad in the other EV games those weapons take up fuel. <_<

@guest_wicktownev_-, on Mar 25 2007, 12:22 PM, said in Forklift:

Anyways, the forklift, yea, it was fun getting, but I only recommend getting it on a secondary file because it is a cheat and it gets old fast anyway, for me at least.

But it's sure nice to have when you need to dominate a bunch of planets and you want the fights to end quickly.

Can you guys tell me what a forklift is? I have never used them, but I know they are devastating weapons.

Edit: 700th post! w00t! 🆒 😛

This post has been edited by duke_juker : 28 March 2007 - 01:49 AM

The forklift is just what it is, a forklift. The weapon is a joke from MST3K in which your ship will launch forklifts at your enemy with explosive results.

Wow. That is hilarious. Thanks for the info.