trade routes

what are good trade routes in the original EV?

The Capella/Darkstar one was always one of my favorites. It was an Equipment/Luxary Goods tradeoff, if I'm not mistaken.

It's been a while since I've been a trader though, so I'll have to get playing again before I roll of some more of these.

what systems are those planets in? there's no find feature in EVC. I'm playing the actual EVC, not the nova conversion.

@lnsu, on Feb 8 2007, 08:57 PM, said in trade routes:

what systems are those planets in? there's no find feature in EVC. I'm playing the actual EVC, not the nova conversion.

Capella is one south of Levo and Darkstar is in the Nemisis system which is two jumps to the East near the Nebula.

Levo to Spica... darn, I can't remember what, though. I'll check when I boot up my 7600.

I never did the trade routes, took too much time and didn't do anything for my pilot rating.

Easy money: drug runs for the pirates. Sure the Confeds will hate you, but it's good money. And you can always buy your way back into the core world's good graces with a few million of your quickly-earned dosh.

A quick search brought up a few ideas. Here's one:
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/forums/index.php...hl=trade+routes

This post has been edited by Callide : 09 February 2007 - 01:19 AM

Pirating is also pretty good if you have time. Just go pirate in pirate systems. You'll increase you rating and get money at the same time, all the while keeping good status in all systems except for the system you are pirating from. But The pirates usually don't like you anyway.

One interesting thing I've noticed about EVC (might be true in EVO and EVN, but it's harder to check) is that the Confeds seem to hate you if the Rebels like you. I base this on my playstyle, which involves basing out of Spica and fighting ships to the galactic north. After a while, the Spican government (Rebels) starts getting pretty fond of me. And occasionally, when I return to base or am on my way back out, a Confed ship (or fleet) will be in-system, and will attack me! This happens pretty consistently between pilots, and I can't think of anything I've done to piss off the Confeds for any of them.

Huh. It wouldn't be too surprising if the Confeds disliked you because the Rebels liked you. I don't think I've ever had that happen before, though.

@derakon, on Mar 4 2007, 12:58 PM, said in trade routes:

One interesting thing I've noticed about EVC (might be true in EVO and EVN, but it's harder to check) is that the Confeds seem to hate you if the Rebels like you. I base this on my playstyle, which involves basing out of Spica and fighting ships to the galactic north. After a while, the Spican government (Rebels) starts getting pretty fond of me. And occasionally, when I return to base or am on my way back out, a Confed ship (or fleet) will be in-system, and will attack me! This happens pretty consistently between pilots, and I can't think of anything I've done to piss off the Confeds for any of them.

If you are in a Rebel ship the Confeds will always attack you, no matter where you are, but the always attack a pirate ship first. Confeds will also attack you even if you are in a civ ship when your standing is high with a Rebel planet. Vice-versa.

Also, if you do pirate missions, most planets close by start disliking you, Rebel, Confed or Independent.

IIRC, in EVO the only think that irks the UE is if you start the Voinian string. They could care less if you join one of the Strands.

@derakon, on Mar 4 2007, 03:58 PM, said in trade routes:

I've had similar experiences like this. I've also been attacked by Rebels in friendly Confed space though. My guess is that they mistake you for a trader of the opposing government or something.