Strict Play

This post has been edited by WickTownEV : 02 March 2007 - 12:05 PM

I've done it before. Unfortunately, when I was in a Courier (my second ship), a Corvette pirate swiftly killed me with a few missiles. Of course, I didn't get an escape pod. Not cool.

I usually just stick to the normal mode. No shame in dying a few times...

Never tried it, just never appealed to me to have to constantly get a new ship. Yeah, I get killed often. I like to fight until my armor's down to a hair's breath of kaboom.

I probably could at least get most of the way through if I really wanted to, but it's generally far more effort than I want to put into EV.

This post has been edited by WickTownEV : 02 March 2007 - 12:05 PM

jesus, how much time did you spend playing since yesterday morning?

This post has been edited by antihero : 07 December 2006 - 03:24 AM

This post has been edited by WickTownEV : 02 March 2007 - 12:06 PM

I don't know wicktown, your claims seem rather unlikely.

This post has been edited by Cydonian Leader : 13 December 2006 - 12:25 PM

I always play strict mode as you don't get the speed bonus that non-strict play has. I also enjoy the fact that strict play makes you not take silly risks thus I feel improving your flying. Nothing like dying and losing a bunch of stuff to reinforce better play.

I have beat the game in both threads playing fully strict. One key I have found to avoid frustration is to make two to three times the money needed for buying and outfitting a better ship so if you lose your new ship you are not effectively starting over.

I also have played what I call simi-strict. This is where I play in strict mode but duplicate my pilot file every fifteen minutes and before doing a hard mission. That way I can delete the pilot file if I get killed and rename the latest duplicate to start at that point. I played simi-strict before I started playing fully strict. I mainly play fully strict now as I rarely lose a ship except at the start with the weaker ships that take way shorter a time to make the ground up.

This post has been edited by WickTownEV : 02 March 2007 - 12:07 PM

The Tractor Beam mission should be in all versions (I know for sure it's in 1.0.5). It's not part of the Alien string though. It's in another Rebel string.

This post has been edited by WickTownEV : 02 March 2007 - 12:08 PM

I'll try strict play some time when I have time. Nice job and doing so well in the game WickTownEV. 🆒

This post has been edited by WickTownEV : 02 March 2007 - 12:09 PM