What are the Combat Ratings in order?

Hi, I am wanting to know the combat ratings in order form least to greatest. :unsure:

- Thanks, Moe

N.b., shadow_of_light posted this question on the Nova Board. It has been asked and answered thereon.

Lit Nerd

The original Escape Velocity combat ratings are slightly different.

0 Harmless
1 Mostly Harmless
100 Fair
200 Average
400 Above Average
800 Competent
1,600 Noteworthy
3,200 Excellent
6,400 Dangerous
12,800 Deadly
25,600 Ultimate

Source: EVula.com - EV Bible Section

-AJ

Edit - For some reason, I want to say I remember the 5th combat rating was "Good" rather than "Above Average." Anybody else remember that?

Edit 2 - Also, if I remember correctly, the numbers associated with combat rating are directly related to the crew compliment of the ships you've destroyed.

Fifth Combat Rating is Above Average. Maybe Good was on early versions of EV?

AJ, on Feb 18 2006, 06:10 PM, said:

The original Escape Velocity combat ratings are slightly different.
View Post

Actually, I think they are the same in EV and EVO.

Sorry to go off-topic, but welcome back, AJ...haven't seen you (or myself, for that matter) in a while...

(Edit) To actually answer some of those questions...no, I'm pretty sure "Good" was never a combat rating, and yes, the numbers do exactly reflect crew complements of destroyed ships (provided you're the last one to fire on them so that you get the credit). (/Edit)

This post has been edited by Firebird : 20 February 2006 - 12:49 AM

Woah. It's AJ and Firebird. Long time!

I'm pretty sure "Good" was a combat rating--it may have been taken out/replaced in later versions, but I am pretty sure I remember a "Good" rating.

-Dash

Well, it's not in the EVOBible. Maybe "good" was a rating on beta versions.

Could swear I had that rating too...

Going way off topic... then back on... and back off.

Good to see you too Firebird and Weepul.

I found a slashdot article that linked to a just-tech post by Andrew a while back and I thought I'd take the opportunity to check up on this place.

Believe it or not, I'm still working on NR... But dead snails don't move this slowly. I'm going to have to fire up my old Mac again sometime here to try out some new graphics. I've got a few different versions of EV on it. Maybe I'll find that "Good" combat rating somewhere.

Weep - you still makin' purty pictures? I went through the old EV-Image gallery the other day. I wish they'd never taken it down. That was always alot of fun. I wasn't around when they did remove it. Did they mention why?

-AJ

Perhaps a posting of the reputation ratings would find your "good"...

There's "Good Egg" but I'm fairly sure that's not what I was thinking of.

Here's the listing.

Good Scale Legal Status
0 Clean
4 Decent Individual
16 Good Egg
64 Upstanding Citizen
256 Role Model
1024 Pillar of Society
4096 Honored Leader

Evil Scale Legal Status
0 Clean
1 Offender
4 Criminal
16 Felon
64 Fugitive
256 Public Enemy
1024 Prime Evil
4096 Galactic Scourge

Thanks again to EVula for providing the EV bible online.

-AJ

If I recall correctly, "Good" was changed to "Above Average" in EV 1.0.5, and remained as such for EVO.

So if you started playing on EV 1.0.4 or earlier, you probably remember that.

Yeah, I noticed good was gone when I upgraded.

Also, the rank Mostly Harmless is funny.

The only ones I really remember are

Harmless
Mostly harmless
Deadly
Ultimate

There is now way I killed 25,000+ ships. Crewman, maybe.

Well, I have become overlord of all of the systems- as we all have!

Mazca, on Mar 3 2006, 10:00 AM, said:

If I recall correctly, "Good" was changed to "Above Average" in EV 1.0.5, and remained as such for EVO.

So if you started playing on EV 1.0.4 or earlier, you probably remember that.
View Post

I started on EV 1.0.4 but I guess it must've slipped my memory. All I remember was 1.0.5 ran perfectly and had those nice retextured graphics (it's a shame the splash screen still has those ugly white Mantas).

Yes, 1.0.5 defenately changed it, I just opened the same pilot file that has the Above Average ranking in 1.0.5, in 1.0.4, and now it says Good.

Also, why does the splash have blue kestrels?

guys – aren't you going a bit off the point a bit? haven't we established that it changed?

anyways - I have a question - I know the rating names are different but do they have the same crew nos?
like 25,600, 12,800 etc?

I sense no deviation as a whole.They're still talking about Combat Ratings.