Question: Beams ROP

I've been playing "Realm of Prey" and I'm wondering which is a better pick: a pair of Antiparticle Arrays (pirate), or one Compressor beam(AcelBio).

So, which is it?

Compressor Beam for sure

I'm having trouble with a mission called "Hunting the Hunters"(from the Faction storyline). I destroyed all the aliens, (I'm sure of it), but when I land where I'm supposed to, nothing happens. Absolutely nothing! Can someone tell me what's wrong?

I think all the next missions are available at Gateway Station, unless told otherwise. As you know, the chances of getting missions are like 10-15%, unless you cheated like I did and set them all to 100% avail. 🆒

I personally liked the AntiParticle Array, the Compressor Beam seemed to push my targets more than damage them.

Umm.. I mean I killed the Aliens, and then I went to Syndicate Checkpoint (mid-mission, not in between missions)

Anyway, I was lucky enough to have a backup. Unfortunately, it was a long way from there... But I beat the storyline, so I'm happy now.

Actually, the first paragraph isn't entirely accurate. I killed all the aliens but one Infector(disabled), jumped out before I realized I'd forgotten to finish it off, hypered back to find a Contaminator instead, and then went to Syndicate Checkpoint.

Question: Which is tougher, the Mothership from ROP, or the Alien Cruiser?

Mothership beat Alien Cruiser...it was so massive!

@scratskinner, on Apr 16 2006, 02:15 PM, said in Question: Beams ROP:

Anyway, I was lucky enough to have a backup. Unfortunately, it was a long way from there... But I beat the storyline, so I'm happy now.

I had to go back to an old pilot file when dominating the Mercenary station. The mission just went all hinky on me.

And I think the Mothership was tougher than the Alien Cruiser.

Which is better, Coaxial ASL or Proton Turret?

I think Corvettes are the only ships you should have until you can get the Enforcer.
Slap on the shield gizmos, assorted gizmos (RCS, Thrust, Reactor Refit, Nav, etc,, and all the rear pulse cannons you can get your hands on and you have a rather deadly ship...

I have Coaxial ASLs on mine, which is why I'm asking, because I'm about to upgrade to an Enforcer.