Next mission after In defense of Earth II?

Hey guys, please answer faster than in 4 days! I have only gotten only Callides partly useless reply, and he/she even admits it him/herself. I need this reply urgently to continue playing E3- its no any help-me-do-a-mission or what-ship-should-I-take. Its so critical that I cant continue the string before it. I did the In The Defense of Earth mission. Actually, a two-mission series. I got access to the Strike Cruiser, as you already know from the earlier thread. I checked the Weave Command bar so countless times it seems it simply cant be there. I checked Earth and Stardock Beta as battle sites (you return to Beta in one mission). After several times, I got tired. Nothing. The string has seem to dried up.... yet, it cant be possible. The Weave haven't conquered a single planet yet. Only been on the defensive. Tim has written this plug, so he should be able to answer next-day (less than 24 hours). And no, the finish text in no way hints where to get the next one.

On another note, why havent I gotten any reply besides Callides half-useless reply? It has been 89 hours, way above the recommended waiting time. Tim, at least, as the plug designer should know. Meanwhile, I decided Ill stick with the 'Nought. Mines are too sweet- sometimes I imagine about them when not on my PC. So is being near indestructible. Because of a bug in the mission where you have to beat 7 Thunderdragons near Weave HQ, theyll run away. Which means I could fight them one at a time, resulting in just being able to destroy Thunder Dragon (as Tim spells it) after Thunder Dragon without regenerating at all.

@general-cade-smart, on Apr 7 2006, 05:11 AM, said in Next mission after In defense of Earth II?:

Hey guys, please answer faster than in 4 days!

Realize not everyone has played these plugs. A lot of the people on the EVO board are somewhat new, or have only played Nova.

I have only gotten only Callides partly useless reply, and he/she even admits it him/herself.

She. I used to be known by a different name, Honorable Rebel General.

I need this reply urgently to continue playing E3...

Maybe we didn't understand. You got the first part of the mission, and don't know where to go? Is that it? Can't you just check with ResEdit which system you travel to?

On another note, why havent I gotten any reply besides Callides half-useless reply?

Patience! See my first response.

@callide, on Apr 8 2006, 04:13 AM, said in Next mission after In defense of Earth II?:

Maybe we didn't understand. You got the first part of the mission, and don't know where to go? Is that it? Can't you just check with ResEdit which system you travel to?

Yes, you quite didnt understand. What I meant was, in all its simplicity, I cant find the next mission after the one I did. The next one after In Defense of Earth II. Ergo, I cant find where the next mission starts. I thought it was quite clear- my title on the topic said next mission after in defense of earth II. I even hint this in my thread, quite clearly: (...)And no, the finish text in no way hints where to get the next one(...) This is also a not-too-subtle hint that I consider quite clear: The string has seem to dried up.... yet, it cant be possible. Also, why would I check a planet which was literally a dozen times? Doesnt 1 time be enough to show me that: no, this is not where I go. If I already had gotten my mission and dont know where to go, why would I bother even trying beyond 2-3 times? Does this mean that a person must always be abundantly clear in electronic communications, if he wants to make sure he doesnt get ever misunderstood? Funny, I always thought it was enough to explain thoroughly. As not long as I am not downright unclear, I dont see why I would have to write in a simplistic style that simply cannot be misunderstood. Because people arent otherwise on the boards (at least mostly) abundantly clear either, just clear enough to be understood.

General Cade, your tone is overbearing and a bit insulting. I understand that you're frustrated, but that's no reason to take your emotions out on people here, who are under no obligation whatsoever to answer you or even pay attention to you.

You're trying to play an ancient game that is entirely unsupported by its creators; you have to expect that things won't work out as intended. The suggestion to use ResEdit to take a look at what you're supposed to be doing is a good one, since that's the only way to determine exactly what is going on. You may well not want to have to do that; that's understandable, but at this point, doing so seems like your best option for finishing the plugin.

@general-cade-smart, on Apr 7 2006, 01:11 PM, said in Next mission after In defense of Earth II?:

I need this reply urgently to continue playing E3- its no any help-me-do-a-mission or what-ship-should-I-take. Its so critical that I cant continue the string before it. I did the In The Defense of Earth mission. Actually, a two-mission series.

The next campaign is "Slight Of Hand" available from Weave Command. If you ever get stuck trying to find where a mission starts, your best bet is to use Schmelta-V and check on the mission following the one you have just completed.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Tim

@tim, on Apr 9 2006, 07:49 PM, said in Next mission after In defense of Earth II?:

The next campaign is "Slight Of Hand" available from Weave Command. If you ever get stuck trying to find where a mission starts, your best bet is to use Schmelta-V and check on the mission following the one you have just completed.

Regards,

Tim

Because Derakon didnt help, I had to look in ResEdit. So sorry Tim, but it isnt any longer useful. I looked myself (after a half hour of work), and found out the same. I saw that it had a availbit of 246, and the previous mission had a compbit of 246. I think i'll use Schmelta-V in the future. It doesnt present data in its inscrutable way, yet doesnt be buggy like Mission Computer 3.32 is under Basilisk II. Yes! Ill definitively consider that. It presents it in a way that doesnt be hard, yet doesnt crash on saving (or loading plug-ins, now. that works fine after each reinstall. ). But the crux is just how do I find the next mission? There is so many missions that finding the next mission becomes a pain, and so inconvient I dont want to do work. I am speaking of the time you have to find the next Availbit. The ones were you dont know where to go next, because the text doesnt mention. The only time I could think of knowing the what the next mission "following the one you have just completed" is when it clearly labels it as a series (I to something). So how do I find that out easily? I cant think of other easy cases where you could find it except aforementioned and where the government is mentioned directly in the name of the mission. I was thinking of using ConText /Restore. It exports stuff to a spreadsheet, I think. Does it work?

Oh, and to the actual matter which is actually whý I decided to reply: Tim, what do you think is the fastest way of making money in E3? I need 50 million (!) for the Alien Star Destroyer. Its RIDICULOUSLY expensive. Its the most expensive ship I ever purchased. Sure, I can just get a Alien Cruiser... but I want THE absolutely best... and own the universe! (which means I can own everything, not domination). So, is there any get-rich quick route? I can hire 6 Alien Bulk Haulers, because Alien space is opened to me now. They have 1200 space, so ill get 6000 tons of space! Woohoo! Or even better, I can just hijack them. I noticied that the Qua'Lari care squat for piracy (board & disable penalty 0). They are very easy to fight- my Dreadnought with Flak Turrets makes short work of them. I have quite good capture chance too, 67%. I usually dont capture because its too hard... my capture chances are low. In fact, if they dont care, I wont even consider hiring. Do you know any get rich quick routes in Qua'Lari space? Thunder Dragons are too slow. With 12 M money at hand, I would have to pirate 47 to 42 of them (800- 900 k a pop).

@general-cade-smart, on Apr 11 2006, 09:48 AM, said in Next mission after In defense of Earth II?:

...what do you think is the fastest way of making money in E3?

ResEdit.

Oh. And thanks for all the POSITIVE comments. Such a joy.

@general-cade-smart, on Apr 11 2006, 05:48 PM, said in Next mission after In defense of Earth II?:

Oh, and to the actual matter which is actually whý I decided to reply: Tim, what do you think is the fastest way of making money in E3?

Your best bet is to loot pirate vessels and/or look for profitable trade routes. Otherwise, you could simply use ResEdit to change the price of the ship you want to a more manageable figure.

Once you are officially hired by a particular government, the missions should always be from their main station or stellar (unless directed elsewhere) and the text should point that out at a certain point.

Should you have any further questions it may be best to contact me directly at ethology101 (@) yahoo (dot) com for a more prompt reply as I am not always able to check the webboards as often as I might like.

Regards,

Tim