Connecting the three games together

through the storyline

Could there be a way to tie the three games together through storyline? It can be a fanmade venture, one of those online timelines that attempt to merge different series together into one cohesive history.

For example, to tie in EV and EVO isn't too hard. Maybe the United Earth was founded several centuries after the Confederation Civil War ended. The Voinians are NOT the Aliens that attacked Earth in EV, but serve a similar purpose in threatning humanity.

Is there anywhere that has the entire storylines to EV and EVO entirely fleshed-out? All I could find are EV Nova stuff, which has a much more well-written and comprehensive story.

Ya, but why would you spend all that time. It would be kind of pointless.

Celestialnaut, on Oct 20 2005, 12:17 AM, said:

Could there be a way to tie the three games together through storyline? It can be a fanmade venture, one of those online timelines that attempt to merge different series together into one cohesive history.

For example, to tie in EV and EVO isn't too hard. Maybe the United Earth was founded several centuries after the Confederation Civil War ended. The Voinians are NOT the Aliens that attacked Earth in EV, but serve a similar purpose in threatning humanity.

Is there anywhere that has the entire storylines to EV and EVO entirely fleshed-out? All I could find are EV Nova stuff, which has a much more well-written and comprehensive story.
View Post

No. The three each present separate timelines for the history of Earth. Remember, EV takes places a hundred years after EVO. I believe EV is about 2250 AD and EVO is about 2150 AD.

That's right. And anyway, each version of the human race is completely different. Sorry to disappoint you pal, but it would be impossible to do.

Why don't you try knitting instead?
--gav

Well, we can always move the dates around...

Why? To build a fan project. Lots of people do this to make online "rpg"s from existing series.

pistgavin, on Oct 20 2005, 03:27 AM, said:

That's right. And anyway, each version of the human race is completely different. Sorry to disappoint you pal, but it would be impossible to do.

Why don't you try knitting instead?
--gav
View Post

Wow, that was a shot. :huh:

Celestialnaut: Welcome. It's a good idea, but like they all said, the timelines, races, technology, systems, etc for all three EVs just don't jive. If you have the time and energy, try your hand at making a plugin.

pistgavin, on Oct 20 2005, 04:27 AM, said:

Why don't you try knitting instead?View Post

Phhhhht. l.o.l.

Edit: pistgavin, if Celestialnaut can write, maybe he can help you with EVO Galaxy Replacer strand missions.

This post has been edited by wondergirl : 22 October 2005 - 01:39 AM

The only limit to your creativity is everyone else's criticism. Which is stronger? I don't think that the story lines would mesh, but you could try if you want to devote that much time and energy and editing of the storylines of two or more of the games. Be warned though I am working on one large plugin (20% done) and one total conversion plugin (40% done) and have not had the confluence of time and motivation to do any work on either in the last year or so. But good luck if you do take a shot at it.

wondergirl, on Oct 21 2005, 10:29 PM, said:

Edit: pistgavin, if Celestialnaut can write, maybe he can help you with EVO Galaxy Replacer strand missions.
View Post

Rar, hiss hiss...why the hate people, why the hate. :unsure:

Swithich, on Oct 23 2005, 01:09 AM, said:

Rar, hiss hiss...why the hate people, why the hate. :unsure:View Post

Um, excuse me? My comment about helping pistgavin was sincere, not malicious.

I always thought EVO was the prequel to EV, but Nova is obviously a completely different universe.

No, they are three parallel universes that took different paths.

You managed to get the "well-written" part correct, but that's about it. While the storyline certainly has a great amount of smoothness and flow to it in the writing, the story itself is completely predictable, the plot is lame, and the content in general is completely stupid. The phrase "you can't judge a book by it's cover" has never been more false when you can figure out the entire storyline based on the first dialogue with any major character. While the EV and EVO storylines are much more simplistic and the writing is much less flowing, in that minuscule amount of dialogue the player has much more to offer from the story than the Nova story would ever offer. The Nova storyline is one of the worst failures that I know to be recorded.

Rather than linking the three storylines together (the people here have stated various arguments for not doing so, and a couple of how you "might" go about it), I might suggest something that I've thought of doing more than once, and if you like the idea you might even be willing to do it with me. In EV Classic the dialogue (not so much in the story, but mostly in the planet descriptions) often talks of the "Great War", whereas in EV Nova, planet descriptions often talk about the "Colonial Council". I figure it would be a very fun thing to do to write up either one of these scenarios to lead in to the current EV Classic universe or the current EV Nova universe, and perhaps have some kind of "continuation" about what happened after the Rebellion in EV Classic. Having a continuation of EV Nova is actually more desirable for me than making a continuation on Classic, and though the writing might not be as smoothe, it would be worthwhile to making at least the ending plots significantly less retarded, and actually giving something to the player. There is so much to say about "what happened in the past" on either storyline, that it would just be a wondrous endeavour to embark on creating them. However, I don't say this implying that it will be done in one day, there's certainly a lot of work involved.

Rickton, on Oct 23 2005, 02:29 PM, said:

I always thought EVO was the prequel to EV, but Nova is obviously a completely different universe.
View Post

They've tried to connect these two before (which is a more probable connection without the Nova factor). As many above me have said, it's flat out impossible.

In the original, there is only one Alien Race, and they're pure evil. In Override, there are several races, and considering this takes place before the time of the original, all connections are void. Simply enough, it doesn't make sense.

I believe there are some plugins for these games that act as prequels to the actual game. I've never tried them though.

I can think of at least one scenario off the top of my head that could tie all three together. What's more, you could actually create one giant ÜEV TC out of it - resource slots allowing...

...wanna here it?

Hudson, on Nov 1 2005, 08:54 AM, said:

I can think of at least one scenario off the top of my head that could tie all three together. What's more, you could actually create one giant ÜEV TC out of it - resource slots allowing...

...wanna here it?
View Post

Heh... must be interesting... I'm all eyes if you want to share.

I'm guessing the way to tie the Original with Override is by saying the Voinians were the evil Alien race in the original, making UE the Confederacy. As for the alien races in Override, I'm guessing we would have to say that humanity overlooked them.

But as I said before, it's impossible. Another problem with the universes is the fact that they all have different maps.