Phoenix Corvette... anybody?

subtitle subtitle subtitle

I used to play EV on a 25MHz Quadra (actually, a Centris upgraded with a Quadra mainboard, and a processor upgrade to one with an FPU, IIRC). I just bought Nova a few days ago, and all my nostalgia came back to me. I went searching around for my copy of Classic, so I could check out my old plugins... and I remembered that I used to play one called "Pheonix Corvette" a lot (note the misspelling of "Phoenix", heh, but it's like that all through the documentation).

It was a cool plugin... it basically added a huge ton of weapons to every ship in the game. The Shuttlecraft started with a Proton Turret or two, a Proton Cannon or two, and some Javelins; bigger ships got 10 or more torpedo tubes and missile launchers, and you would see a solid line of missiles when you saw Confed Frigates v Rebel Frigates. Made pirating harder, that's for sure :).

So, I look around on the web for it, and it's nowhere. Not only is the website down (http://alaska.net/~a...on/GRPandy.html), but searching for ev "pheonix corvette" on google yields literally no results. Variations on quotation and spelling sometimes yield results, but never anything relevant.

Obviously I'm not crazy, because I have the files sitting here on my hard drive :). However, I'd like to know if there was ever a later version released... anyone know what happened to the developer ("Andrew Pearson")? Anyone have the latest version (I have 1.1, which the README seems to say is for EV 1.02)? The README said that cool things were to come in later versions (new ships: Carriers, "Dreadnoughts" (lol), Spycraft; new missions and systems; (better) plot; new outfits and upgrades), and if he ever release some of them, I'd love to play.

I can also post the plugin if someone would like to see it.

vlack, on May 25 2005, 11:32 PM, said:

However, I'd like to know if there was ever a later version released... View Post

Welcome!
Sometimes life gets in the way of good intentions, people get too busy to finish work like this.
Found a plugin with the same name. Don't know if it is the exact one you are looking for. Here's the linky...

http://www.ambrosiasw.com./cgi-bin/vftp/sh...egory=plugins&d;

wondergirl, on May 26 2005, 12:00 PM, said:

Welcome!
Sometimes life gets in the way of good intentions, people get too busy to finish work like this.
Found a plugin with the same name. Don't know if it is the exact one you are looking for. Here's the linky...

Ah hah, that's what I was looking for.
Weird. I searched for it, I promise. Thanks for the link, though.

vlack, on May 26 2005, 01:08 PM, said:

Weird. I searched for it, I promise. Thanks for the link, though.
View Post

I don't believe you. Unfortunately, this is Memorial day weekend and we're saving the massive barbed satanist grill for the cookout. Remind me sometime next week 😉

😛

Shrout1, on May 26 2005, 01:05 PM, said:

I don't believe you.
View Post

I do. I just did a google, not too much there. Could be a spelling issue.

vlack: if you use the search feature on this here ASW site, and can't find it, either you spelled it wrong or it aint there. And some of the older plugs don't have contact/support sites anymore, just makes sense.
www.ambrosia.com/games/ev/addons.html
www.ambrosia.com/games/evo/addons.html
www.ambrosia.com/games/evn/addons.html

This post has been edited by wondergirl : 28 May 2005 - 04:55 PM

Shrout1, on May 26 2005, 03:05 PM, said:

I don't believe you.
View Post

wondergirl, on May 28 2005, 04:53 PM, said:

I do.
View Post

I do, I was just joking. Sarcasm is lost on the internet. Ah well. 😄

wondergirl, on May 28 2005, 09:53 PM, said:

I do. I just did a google, not too much there. Could be a spelling issue.
www.ambrosiasw.com/games/ev/addons.html
www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evo/addons.html
www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/addons.html
View Post

1. Fixed your URLs...

2. Found it:
Phoenix Corvette (right click, save target...)

This post has been edited by Gage_Stryker : 02 June 2005 - 08:57 PM

Shrout1: Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. 😞 I was just trying to encourage the new kid.

I think I managed to do that 😄

But it's a nice try, WG

Gage_Stryker, on Jun 2 2005, 06:55 PM, said:

1. Fixed your URLs...View Post

Thanks, ever so.