Second Pirate mission in Dark Horizons

Help! Cant find it anywhere! Desperate!

I did the first mission in the Pirate string in Dark Horizons (Pirate Faction Recruitment). Now I cant find the second mission anywhere. I have tried both Blackheart Station (where I got the mission from), New Evildrome and Devil's Rock several times. So I think it cant be random probablity- though I had visit 4 Blackheart Station several tims just to get the first mission. I have a combat rating of Excellent, so that shouldnt be the problem either. I mean, the first mission reguirement was Above Average, so the second mission cant jump that dramatically up.

Meh, do what I do when I get really stuck with a mission: Use an editor and rip it apart to find the mission location. Don't make any saved changes.

Destroyer E, on Nov 20 2004, 07:58 PM, said:

Meh, do what I do when I get really stuck with a mission: Use an editor and rip it apart to find the mission location. Don't make any saved changes.
View Post

But the problem is, I dont even know the mission name. Otherwise I would have looked it up myself before posting. I only know that it sets mission bit 5 on completion, and that its flag is 1010 (damn ResEdit. Why must the Flags field be presented in that way you cant understand it even after reading the Flags field in misn part of EV Bible?

I would need to get a program that tells you which mission is avaible when which bit is set. That would be immensely handy. Unless Tim posts a few days later, as he is the only one that for sure knows the answer.

Ahh E2. Haven't played that in quite a while. Anywho, here is the next mission.

"Work Is a Four Letter Word"

Available from: Blackthorn
Available 30% of the time
Legal status and combat ratings both ignored.

Have fun.

I ALWAYS used ResEdit to set all mission string probabilities that I wanted to 100%. Got much too boring flying around waiting for the next mission, especially with the Empire series, since there's so many missions to be flown. 🙂

As far as I can remember, the Pirate mission string of E2 owns. Have fun. 😃