I love my eMac, but...

EV in OS X

EV runs very badly. I'm looking into the option of getting an EV Nova plug that will allow me to play it through that. But I also want to have EV plugs. I can't boot into OS 9, so some help would be appretiated.

Sorry, but you can't play EV in classic, only OS9. I have heard however, about a couple of projects planning to make programs that automatically convert EV plugs to the resources and such used by the EV:N version.

Unfortunately, I don't of the status of any projects such as these, or if any are currently being worked on, but we can always hope 🙂

FluffyWithTeeth, on Sep 8 2004, 07:16 PM, said:

Sorry, but you can't play EV in classic, only OS9. I have heard however, about a couple of projects planning to make programs that automatically convert EV plugs to the resources and such used by the EV:N version.

Unfortunately, I don't of the status of any projects such as these, or if any are currently being worked on, but we can always hope 🙂
View Post

I'll look into it, thanks.

FluffyWithTeeth, on Sep 8 2004, 02:16 PM, said:

Sorry, but you can't play EV in classic, only OS9.View Post

Eh? I'd never heard that.

EVula, on Sep 9 2004, 08:26 PM, said:

Eh? I'd never heard that.
View Post

I can boot EV in Classic, it just runs like hell.

The reason EV has choppy graphics is the graphic driver in 10.3 . :mad: If you had 10.2 it would run better. EVO runs good in 10.3 though and all plugs for EV can easily be ported to EVO.

So what is this problem with OS9 and OSX? I only have OS8.6, and seeing alot of these threads I have no real idea what is wrong with your comps. Don't all Macs come with OS9 and OSX now? isn't OS9 an improved OS8.6? why not just use OS9? In the words of Pauline Hanson "Please explain"

Soul Reaver, on Sep 16 2004, 02:57 AM, said:

So what is this problem with OS9 and OSX? I only have OS8.6, and seeing alot of these threads I have no real idea what is wrong with your comps. Don't all Macs come with OS9 and OSX now? isn't OS9 an improved OS8.6? why not just use OS9? In the words of Pauline Hanson "Please explain"
View Post

The eMac doesn't come with OS 9, only classic, which will run OS 9 stuff. My problem is that EV runs really choppy in OS X. If you read the posts above it should make sence.

and what OS is classic :?:

Classic is OS 9. But in computers made in 2004 can't boot into it. They can only run it in classic which is like a OS 9 emulator built into OS X not really an operating system. Most applications that aren't optmized for OS 9 don't run very well in classic. Classic also can't use Rave or Glide (3dfx) graphics also.