Escape Velocity: Frontiers OOC Discussion

Grundulator:
Nothing personal.

94:
27 SR Warboats
9 LR Warboats

Maybe your ships can materialize, but this is your last update placing ships, if you intend to change it, post it.

Also I did not remember this technology. But I have it so I will use it as well. Also while I will edit out my last kills, I outnumber you in power more than 10 to 1 and you can't send messages through your fleet to coordinate so no organized couter-attack is possible.

My ships have your weapons as OK'd by our moderator's.

Note three no new ships can be built in this system during said battle considering the entire time would be several hours. Not long enough to build 1 ship. (I know you haven't and I may be annoying but I don't want to have to explain this later).

Moderators:
While moderation is unnecessary yet I believe it soon will be.

------------------
"Paranoia is Life"

Originally posted by Paranoid:
**Grundulator:
Nothing personal.

Maybe your ships can materialize, but this is your last update placing ships, if you intend to change it, post it.

Also I did not remember this technology. But I have it so I will use it as well. Also while I will edit out my last kills, I outnumber you in power more than 10 to 1 and you can't send messages through your fleet to coordinate so no organized couter-attack is possible.

My ships have your weapons as OK'd by our moderator's.

Note three no new ships can be built in this system during said battle considering the entire time would be several hours. Not long enough to build 1 ship. (I know you haven't and I may be annoying but I don't want to have to explain this later).

Moderators:
While moderation is unnecessary yet I believe it soon will be.

That was my shipcount on the 16th. 3 SR warboats and 1 LR warboat is made at the vry beggining of every day. Also, in your post, it sounded like it took a while to get to my system.

If you look on page 10 of the old OOC, I have my ships and their stats and weapons.

(edit)To heck with it. I can't stop posting in the middle of a webstory.(/edit)

------------------
I see undead people.
Visit the (url="http://"http://www.wheenit.com/monkey-robot/webboard/phpBB2/index.php")Monkey-Robot boards(/url).

(This message has been edited by grunadulater (edited 01-18-2003).)

(This message has been edited by grunadulater (edited 01-19-2003).)

6 game time days or 1 rtd.

------------------
"Paranoia is Life"

Unreal:
Have you forgotten of my communication jammer. Grundulator doesn't even know I exist. Edit your post or I will call for moderation. My evilness is repaying my debt to you for forcing you into an evil position. I can do it again if you insist on ignoring obvious facts.

Grundulator:
I guess our battle can wait a week. Our forces will not change, but I will build in other systems until the outcome of our battle is posted.

Ship increase:
I discussed this with Ipvicus and I have been using it.

5 Kestrels per real time day
8 'vettes rtd
12 Argosies rtd (I think)
20 Rapiers rtd (I think)
25 Lightnings rtd (I think)

New ship development:
Using Confederate shielding designs I will be making a new light warship.
8 days until completion.

Devil's Advocate
Shield: 750
Armor: 120
Speed: 450
Weapons/outfits:
Unless I design a new weapon I will be using 4 Proton turrets, 2 Proton cannons, and improved shield booster. (This is subject to my changing whims.)

Anyone can complain.

------------------
"Paranoia is Life"

**Unreal:
Have you forgotten of my communication jammer. Grundulator doesn't even know I exist. Edit your post or I will call for moderation. My evilness is repaying my debt to you for forcing you into an evil position. I can do it again if you insist on ignoring obvious facts.

Um im phycic, i can open a 'Chat' area in his head. Your jammer only works with non Telepathic communication. So, its ok!

(Edit)I am useing 2 accounts. you found me out! I was wondering how long it would take!(/Edit)
------------------
-Unreal Centipede
------------------
Need a minor plugin made? Email me! (url="http://"mailto:Unrealcentipede@yahoo.com")mailto:Unrealcentipede@yahoo.com(/url)Unrealcentipede@yahoo.com

Um im phycic, i can open a 'Chat' area in his head. Your jammer only works with non Telepathic communication. So, its ok!

When I posted I said it blocks all FTL (faster than light) transmissions, unless you're psychic transmissions are light or sub-light speed and you wait 9000 years to find out, you know nothing of my existence.

Also if you know everything everyone thinks I believe a galactic war against you is necessary for invasion of privacy.
So, its not ok! (mocking tone)

P.S. Our moderators did agree as well, and psychic is not spelled phycic. (pet peeve)

------------------
"Paranoia is Life"

Okay... I'm back from my camping trip and once again able to post semi-regularly. First I'll get the backlog out of my way.

Grundy: The reason I say I would have about 20% of my forces in 16 is simple, it's a choke point leading to my core systems, and it's right on the frontier with you. I don't really have enough ships to garrison every system, so it is more strategically sound to mass them at choke points. You will see from the fleet positions that I am posting farther down that I'm not treating 16 any different from other choke points in my territory.

I've talked to you about my opinions of your weapons, and I think we have cleared up one misunderstanding about the range of your PDS. The main problem with your post that I had was that you completely underestimated the number of ships and effectiveness of weaponry I would have had in system (see above). Also the way your post went my ships just sat around and let you attack at your leisure, when realistically you would have been under long range weapons fire within a few seconds of your entrance of the system. That would have been 45 Rail Gun shells a second flying towards your ships, and then when you moved closer another 88 Neutron Torps a second. This means I am firing 266 projectiles in the time your combined PDS can make 20 shots.

I don't think you realized it when you designed the system, but the fact that you only have one Splinter PDS per ship still leaves you vulnerable to mass attacks. I suggest you refit your ships to have multiple batteries per ship.

Unreal Centipede: Your "one way jumpgates" are revoked. The ones you have linking your 3 jumpgate systems are fine, but I won't allow you to have the ability to open an instant jumpgate to any system in the galaxy. Travel by hyperspace. Also, since you have already had extensive IC contact with the Avians I'll let that contact stand, but you don't have contact with any of the other governments in the game. You will have to send out explorers before contacting the Rebels, myself, KEX, or the Mechanoids. You also do not have instant knowlege of everything that goes on around the galaxy, ie Parnoids attack on the rebels. The Rebels don't even know about that yet.

Paranoid: Your ship is fine, but your claimed knowledge of Confederation and Rebel technology is not. If you want to use that tech you will have to spend a good deal of time reverse engineering it.

------------------
Out ride the sons of Terra, Far dirves the thundering jet,
Up leaps the race of Earthmen, Out, far, and onward yet - Robert A. Heinlein, The Green Hills of Earth
"Saddam Hussein foregoes weapons of mass destruction (and) values human life." George W. Bush

Grundulator:
Did you ignore my first post? I am using the Rebel ships as a shield to defend all my ships. Your shield connection thing works both ways (unless the tech was created after the start of the webstory if it was tell me) so no weapon fire can get through. So I'm transferring most damage to the SR and LR warboats. Some ships were disabled in my last barrage I just didn't post it yet, it will be added to this post.

Also my gas before you complain is not much larger than air so if you strain it out than you would suffocate in a tomb of your own making. Cheers. Point two this takes place under an hour after the invasion so shields wouldn't be up effectively everywhere.

I apologize for the evilness of my invasion, but I am a pirate.

P.S. Your ship knows everything that happened before it left.

Ship update:
8 rtds to completion new weapon it will delay my ship production and be installed.

Speed: Light speed (186,000 miles per second, I think)
150 Energy damage (ships without shields are not damaged)
300 Damage to hull (distributed if ships have equal shield output, if not to ship with most shields goes all damage) Not mass damage.
Misc: Both beams must hit target squarely to cause any remarkable damage.

------------------
"Paranoia is Life"

VP Transport:
Speed:***
Accel: **
Turn: *
Weapons:
--None
Shield: 300
Armor: 0

------------------
-Unreal Centipede
------------------
Need a minor plugin made? Email me! (url="http://"mailto:Unrealcentipede@yahoo.com")mailto:Unrealcentipede@yahoo.com(/url)Unrealcentipede@yahoo.com

**Grundulator:
Did you ignore my first post? I am using the Rebel ships as a shield to defend all my ships. Your shield connection thing works both ways (unless the tech was created after the start of the webstory if it was tell me) so no weapon fire can get through. So I'm transferring most damage to the SR and LR warboats. Some ships were disabled in my last barrage I just didn't post it yet, it will be added to this post.

Two things wrong with using the SRWs like that.
1. That huge fleet cannot be covered by mearly 14 SRWS.
2. 14 SRWs only have 1,400 shields. Those shields could be easily destroyed with the first shots from all 150 HPBs, doing over 4,000 damage. I destroyed the shields without blinking.

Also my gas before you complain is not much larger than air so if you strain it out than you would suffocate in a tomb of your own making. Cheers. Point two this takes place under an hour after the invasion so shields wouldn't be up effectively everywhere.

I apologize for the evilness of my invasion, but I am a pirate.

(/B)

Wow, that is evil.

------------------
I see undead people.
Visit the (url="http://"http://www.wheenit.com/monkey-robot/webboard/phpBB2/index.php")Monkey-Robot boards(/url).

Grundy's post stands Parnoid, edit your fleet losses to include the Flagship that grundy destroyed. We also need to have a talk about this new weapon you are developing.

Also, yeah that was evil.

------------------
Up leaps the race of Earthmen, Out, far, and onward yet - Robert A. Heinlein, The Green Hills of Earth
"Saddam Hussein foregoes weapons of mass destruction (and) values human life." George W. Bush

Correct me if I'm wrong, but neither the Rebellion nor the Confederation's outposts here are particularly well established. Since it's reasonable to assume that makeshift colonies would have been built at first, and that the population won't yet have swelled so much that leaving those makeshift colonies would be necessary, I don't see why all the people on the planet are out breathing the air and not in bio-domes with their own life support, as it much more likely.

Furthermore, you never produced, prepared, stocked or loaded chemical weaponry onto any torpedoes as far as I can see (although if I am mistaken, please correct me, I only glanced through.) The battle post appears to be the first mention of its existence. Unless you emailed Ipvicus before the attack stating that you did this but wished that part of your post to remain "confidential" (which is unnecessary: players suspected of using information they are not privy to are penalised), you cannot state that you have chemical weaponry on your ships.

------------------
-Esponer
Am I posting in Just Chat or B&B;? If so, I'm probably joking.

(This message has been edited by SilverDragon (edited 01-20-2003).)

I'm not even sure you would be able to put chemical weapons in an antimatter torpedo. Though, I'll admit it wouldn't be too hard to manufacture a chemical weapon that you could fire from the standard torp launcher. That said, he never said anything about manufacturing those weapons, and he never contacted me about the attack. I also don't buy Grundy's claim of being able to establish the kind of massive planetary defenses in the timeframe he mentioned. Even with these problems I think Parnoid would be able to take that colony in short order with the number of forces he has in system.

How do you think we should call this one Espy?

------------------

Ask Paranoid to rewrite to use conventional strategic bombardment and precision attacks to take the planet.

------------------
-Esponer

I was on that ship without escape pod though, sniff.

------------------
"Paranoia is Life"

**I was on that ship without escape pod though, sniff.

Rejoice, two minutes before the flagship exploded, a mysterious escape pod mysteriously appeared mysteriously on your flagship. You are now fine. Happy?

------------------
-Esponer

Originally posted by Vice Admiral Ipvicus:
**I also don't buy Grundy's claim of being able to establish the kind of massive planetary defenses in the timeframe he mentioned.

Yeah, I kinda overdid that. Lets just say that all power plants notified went to local shields, which there are only over main citys, and that there aren't as many guns as I said.

------------------
I see undead people.

Grundulator:
You made a error in calculation, 331 Rapiers-63 Rapiers=278 Rapiers.

Math for next post
All math is underestimated, I divided mass damage by 3 and added it to energy damage. (I did this only as a last resort.)
Fleet: (Distributed)
0 Rebel LR Warboats
Rebel SR Warboats
23 Soul Devourers
28 Corvettes
31 Argosies
278 Rapiers
Torps:
278 • 6 • 17 = 28,356
332 Lightnings
Missles:
(332 +46)= 378 • 4 • 8 = 12,096
Kestrels:
Torps: 23 • 4 • 17= 1,564
Missles: 23 • 10 • 8 = 1,840
Corvettes:
Missles: 28 • 8 • 8 = 1,792

Total damage:
Energy:
assuming 1 in 2 missiles/torpedos pass Splinter cannons energy damage is 22,824.
After destroying 9,000 shields, 13,824 energy is left. Divide by 3 is 4,608 hull damage. Assume two in three hit and 2,304 mass damage finishes off all 21 LRWs and 3 SRWs.

------------------
"Paranoia is Life"

Okay everyone, you guys really need to run any techs you intend to develop by me before you post them.

Paranoid: I don't know what the deal is with this new weapon you are developing is but it seems insanely powerful. There is no way I am going to approve something like that without you talking to me about it first.

Grundy: I would like to see the stats on your shieldship. The principle is fine but I think 2 days is a little bit too short a time to develop it.

Your upgrade to the shield connecteor is revoked, I don't see how an outfit that simply links the shield generators of a ship together can also double their power. If you ask me the outfit would decrease the total power of the shields as it is having to be extended around a much larger area.

Also, upgrading all 1000+ Warboats with 3 extra PDS, and doubleing it's power at the same time should take a bit longer than 2 days. Try adding 2 more to that total.

I know I have been griping at you alot grundy, but it's mainly because you are the one who is actually posting activly. I hope you don't think I'm doing this because of bias. If you ever think I am getting out of line don't hesitate to call me on it.

------------------

(Quote)Paranoid: I don't know what the deal is with this new weapon you are developing is but it seems insanely powerful. There is no way I am going to approve something like that without you talking to me about it first. (Quote/)

Ipvicus:
The logic behind my weapon's power is the fact I can't hit a single ship. This was designed only to defeat only large shielded targets that weren't moving to fast. Like shielded cities... If a ship is out of shields the weapon literally doesn't work doing no damage to shields or hull or if a ship has under 150 shields hull damage is only twice shield damage. I can only hit large shielded fleets and (i)maybe(i/) one out of three times a Confederate battleship. Grundulator also doesn't have to much to worry about because his SRWs still take the blows and distribute the damage equally. I'll also make them massive, 30 tons.
I already posted my battle against Grundulator's shield doubler does that mean I can take less casualties (I assume yes but I might as well check while I'm at it)?
I'm posting my bases

Grundulator:
You can't do FTL scanning and you didn't get out of my system, no gas detecting for you. Also mustard gas normally disperses beyond detection in 3 days, so even if a ship had escaped, you arrived more than 5 days after the bombardment, so no one will ever have proof. {evil laughter}. Also I would think you'd be more careful to not destroy your own people on board all my Rebel warboats. You killed several hundred.

Silver Dragon:
Your mysterious escape for me can be improved. How about this "Dread saw his ship was failing and he quickly ran to the hanger with his aid. Their Lightning launched through the flames of the destroyed Kestrel." I forgot that I had a bay to escape to...

Moderators:
My next post hints at things to come but the actual attack will be a new strategy.

------------------
"Paranoia is Life"