Escape Velocity: Frontiers OOC Discussion

To Silver Dragon:
I'm going to start that -+ weapon that we talked about before please notify me if it is obsolete. I am also creating a new queen. And starting a defense project. And plasma project. I'm sorry about the lack of creative ness but it's not my day. Also I'm thinking about somthing that is frictionless for a generator but...

Plasma shields
Explanation:
These shields are cheaper and stronger< x5-10>.
Slower regeneration time
Research: 6/rtd
2/6
Outfitting: 5rtd's
0/5

Negitive Bolt cannon
10RTDs

Asteroid Turrets
7 RTDs

Silksteel Armour
15RTDs

------------------
Are we sad because it rains or does it rain because we are sad?

Originally posted by Xenocide:
**Plasma shields
Explanation:
These shields are cheaper and stronger< x5-10>.
Slower regeneration time
Research: 6/rtd
2/6
Outfitting: 5rtd's
0/5

Revoked. Timescale is fair, but the bonus to defences is absurd (as is the fact that it's cheaper.)

Ipvicus; apologies that I'm not covering nearly enough, but I've been a bit short of time.

------------------
-Esponer
Am I posting in Just Chat or B&B;? If so, I'm probably joking.

Originally posted by Vice Admiral Ipvicus:
**Grundy: I would like to see the stats on your shieldship. The principle is fine but I think 2 days is a little bit too short a time to develop it.

Your upgrade to the shield connecteor is revoked, I don't see how an outfit that simply links the shield generators of a ship together can also double their power. If you ask me the outfit would decrease the total power of the shields as it is having to be extended around a much larger area.

Also, upgrading all 1000+ Warboats with 3 extra PDS, and doubleing it's power at the same time should take a bit longer than 2 days. Try adding 2 more to that total.

I know I have been griping at you alot grundy, but it's mainly because you are the one who is actually posting activly. I hope you don't think I'm doing this because of bias. If you ever think I am getting out of line don't hesitate to call me on it.

I think it's a REALLY good idea to run ideas past you first. If theres one thing that I hate, it's when I spend a while on a tech that gets revoked when it's done.

Really it's only about 820 or however many SRWs I have getting upgraded, so can it be just one more day?

The Shieldship was actually 5 days, and I started on the 18th. It's done today.
As for stats:
Shieldship:
Shields: 5,000
Armor: 30
Speed: 25
Accel: 25
Turn: 30ş/sec.
Mass: 30 tons
Crew: 0
Weapons:
Shield Connector

**Grundulator:
You can't do FTL scanning and you didn't get out of my system, no gas detecting for you. Also mustard gas normally disperses beyond detection in 3 days, so even if a ship had escaped, you arrived more than 5 days after the bombardment, so no one will ever have proof. {evil laughter}. Also I would think you'd be more careful to not destroy your own people on board all my Rebel warboats. You killed several hundred.

I can contact the scanners on the planet. Also, the gas was revoked anyway. I think that I would notice that more than half of my population was dead, they had not a scratch on them, and there happened to be an enemy pirate fleet in the system. And how did you get my people in your Warboats? I thought you only had prisoners, and I couldn't care less about them.

Also, Paranoid, theres no way that a single missile barrage could take out my entire fleet. And if I were that low on shields, I would run. My fleets aren't stupid, and at least 3/4ths of them would survive by jumping out at 10% or something close to it shields.
------------------
I see undead people.
Visit the (url="http://"http://www.wheenit.com/monkey-robot/webboard/phpBB2/index.php")Monkey-Robot boards(/url).

(This message has been edited by grunadulater (edited 01-21-2003).)

Grundulator:

(Quote)Also, the gas was revoked anyway. (Quote/)

So why are we arguing? (Thanks to our moderators for revoking that makes my life easier)

(Quote)And how did you get my people in your Warboats? I thought you only had prisoners, and I couldn't care less about them.(Quote/)

Read my first battle post. If you don't care I can use that to persuade Ipvicus.

(Quote)Also, Paranoid, theres no way that a single missile barrage could take out my entire fleet. And if I were that low on shields, I would run. My fleets aren't stupid.(Quote/)

I did the math on page one of the OOC, now you see the usefulness of 600 fighters.
My fleets are stupid and hence the suicide tactics i.e. charging larger ships.
Too boot you had only 3000 shields to start so the missile barrage would have destroyed your entire fleet (check) even with the massive inaccuracy shooting I made (50/25%), be glad I took heavy casualties too.

------------------
"Paranoia is Life"

Originally posted by Paranoid:
**Read my first battle post. If you don't care I can use that to persuade Ipvicus.

You may not use OOC knowledge in the story.

**I did the math on page one of the OOC, now you see the usefulness of 600 fighters.
My fleets are stupid and hence the suicide tactics i.e. charging larger ships.
Too boot you had only 3000 shields to start so the missile barrage would have destroyed your entire fleet (check) even with the massive inaccuracy shooting I made (50/25%), be glad I took heavy casualties too.

I had 6,000 shields. 60x 100 is 6,000. Doesn't matter anyway.

------------------
I see undead people.
Visit the (url="http://"http://www.wheenit.com/monkey-robot/webboard/phpBB2/index.php")Monkey-Robot boards(/url).

(This message has been edited by grunadulater (edited 01-21-2003).)

Paranoid: get AIM, or MSN (how embarrassed I am to be using it, but some real life friends use it.) I'd like to talk to you. Don't worry, it's not to scream at you - just a few things I'd like to go through (not the least of them that mustard gas isn't as effective a chemical/biological weapon as you could use.*)

• Not that I'd suggest you use something similar to my "Silent Scream" bio/nano weapon.

------------------
-Esponer

Esponer:
I try to find you on AIM but your never on when I am.

------------------
"Paranoia is Life"

x5 is not unreasonable. It will bring my stongest to 150 give or take

------------------

Grundulator:
I said I was using my next tactic. That does not include charging, my tactic happened to be retreat, which is why I set munitions to float around in asteroids, your post ignores that and makes my life difficult. I like challenges. Cancel that last statement 5 minutes later I see that you don't have fighters, meaning I can outrun you and you left your systems defenseless suicide tactics. Fighters are necessary in any battle, like infantry in the 1200s.

Question: When you said everything did you send everything? When you post this I'll post my losses.

Also I was referring to you killing your own troops in my earlier OOC escapade, excellent propaganda. In reality spreading this information could cause a civil war. I will use it effectively.

You must not be Eastern Time (Your post was yesterday in EST and since your ships didn't have the movements to attack, I said you started today.)

No offence again.

(I tend to speak via train of thought on OOC so I can be hard to follow, sorry.)

------------------
"Paranoia is Life"

Paranoid, you MAY NOT build more of my ships. This has already been said by a mod.

------------------
I see undead people.

When did I say I would? If I said it I didn't mean it?

------------------
"Paranoia is Life"

Your shipcount says that you have more SRWs than you started out with in Cancer.

------------------
I see undead people.

I captured 1/3 of the ones you left in 94...

If that is illegitimate I'll fix it.

------------------
"Paranoia is Life"

**I captured 1/3 of the ones you left in 94...

If that is illegitimate I'll fix it.

My ships would self destruct, either by using the autodestruct or by manually activating a bomb in the fuel tanks when you boarded.

------------------
I see undead people.

Also I was referring to you killing your own troops in my earlier OOC escapade, excellent propaganda. In reality spreading this information could cause a civil war. I will use it effectively.

Too bad you won't be able to get anywhere near those results. Let me make one thing clear to everyone in this story: Only the government's leader may control it's people. Only the leader. There will no rebellions of populations, not even any civil unrest, without the leader's prior approval. So, Paranoid, don't try anything fast with grundy's populace okay :).

Also, Paranoid, I don't think you would be able to capture a full third of those ships in 94. Not with fully operational auto-destuct systems, as well as manual destruct systems. Cut that back by about half.
------------------
Out ride the sons of Terra, Far dirves the thundering jet,
Up leaps the race of Earthmen, Out, far, and onward yet - Robert A. Heinlein, The Green Hills of Earth
"Saddam Hussein foregoes weapons of mass destruction (and) values human life." George W. Bush

(This message has been edited by Vice Admiral Ipvicus (edited 01-22-2003).)

**Esponer:
I try to find you on AIM but your never on when I am.

...oh. A little stupidity on my side of things, I'm afraid. For one, I have privacy settings so anybody not already on my list can't contact me, and for two I've been on AIM about 10 minutes a day lately. If you could tell me your screenname, I'll get about solving both. I won't be able to all any all-nighters anymore, sadly, as I have archery on Saturday mornings and have to help my mother with shopping on Sunday mornings.

Originally posted by Xenocide:
x5 is not unreasonable. It will bring my stongest to 150 give or take

I am not compromising with you, or making a suggestion. x1.5 seems a more realistic figure, although I'll leave the final call to Ipvicus (on grounds of me being so damn inactive at the moment that I can't really follow everything.)

------------------
-Esponer

30 Is my highest shields so that would is up to 150 and that is more than a kestrel but its weapons (or lack thereof) make it around equal. But if it is to be 45 Oh well. Even though now I am just discovering the formula for better shields. I will create better and newer shields. (Later that is)
Here are the rest of the details on my junk.
The negative bolt cannon:
This weapon destroys shields by the brute force of the launcher. If a station or planet launches it would take down anything with less energy than its self.
Asteroid turrets:
Sticking some plasma turrets on some asteroids.
Silksteel armor:
A more effective tool for spaceships it is created by the queen's new larva that was biogeneticly created.
Armor 1.5x to x2

------------------

Silver Dragon:
My AIM name is dparanoidschizo, I think I said this before...

Ipvicus:
I was talking about my attempted negotiations with you, not that you pay attention to me... I will also cut the captured ships down.

------------------
"Paranoia is Life"

Grundulator:
How can you get a message out? All systems you can enter have communication blocks.

------------------
"Paranoia is Life"

No... I have plenty of systems up North. Don't you think it would be strange to see a system disappear, and know that there're pirates nearby?

------------------
I see undead people.