Where is Lucas? (Pale's "Old Friend" mission)

I've finished the original Artemis Group missions and am starting on the new missions in "Pale." According to what I can find out, he's on a pirate planet/station, but he's only there/the mission comes up only 25% of the time. I've looked in all pirate hangouts...nothing! Where can Lucas be? I remember him saying if I want to find him, go to Sirius Station. I did...nothing!

-Ace 🙂

------------------
"War not determine who right...War determine who left"

Originally posted by CaptAceHarddrive:
**I've finished the original Artemis Group missions and am starting on the new missions in "Pale." According to what I can find out, he's on a pirate planet/station, but he's only there/the mission comes up only 25% of the time. I've looked in all pirate hangouts...nothing! Where can Lucas be? I remember him saying if I want to find him, go to Sirius Station. I did...nothing!

-Ace 🙂

Try Sirius Station. Wasn't that where original missions started?

------------------
I am eager to try to ansver mission questions

Thanks for the response, General! I opened a copy of the plug in EV-Edit and found out he's on a planet/station not inhabited by pirates. I changed the percentage to 100%, and what do you know, I found him on Pale IV (right where my ship was parked)! I finished the plug, though. I dunno if you've played it or not, but I think it's fan-dam-tastic! When it came to shooting the aliens, I went back to EV-Edit and changed the forklift reload to 10 and upped the damage ratings. Now it acts like a forklift machine gun- BRRRRRRRRRRRP! At one time (a couple of years ago) I could buy 10 forklifts at one time. That would act as a machine gun. Lemme tell ya, those alien ships didn't have a chance! Of course, to destroy the anomaly, I had to stand on the trigger. I probably released between 75 and 100 forklifts into that thing. I'll tell you one thing, though, an extender plug should be written having us go after all the aliens!

-Ace 😄

------------------
"War not determine who is right...War determine who is left"

(quote)Originally posted by CaptAceHarddrive:
**When it came to shooting the aliens, I went back to EV-Edit and changed the forklift reload to 10 and upped the damage ratings. Now it acts like a forklift machine gun- BRRRRRRRRRRRP! At one time (a couple of years ago) I could buy 10 forklifts at one time. That would act as a machine gun. Lemme tell ya, those alien ships didn't have a chance! Of course, to destroy the anomaly, I had to stand on the trigger. I probably released between 75 and 100 forklifts into that thing. I'll tell you one thing, though, an extender plug should be written having us go after all the aliens!

-Ace 😛 You cheated and changed it to completely ridiculous. Well, the Alien Cruiser gets only 7% damaged by Forklift, and you need about 13 Forklifts, firing fastly to destroy it so it can be a pain. I'll probably try it... that would make taking Earth easy. 😄 🆒

Made grin smiley appear

----------------

(This message has been edited by General Cade Smart (edited 09-05-2002).)

What's really fun though, is actually tackling that thing in some of those Pale ships with really nice weapons, without EV-Edit by your side. It takes a while, and it takes a bit of skill, but that's a really good way to get your piloting skills up.

------------------
Mike Lee (Firebird)
Visit Cymltaneous Solutions: (url="http://"http://cs.paching.com/")http://cs.paching.com/(/url)

Originally posted by Firebird:
**What's really fun though, is actually tackling that thing in some of those Pale ships with really nice weapons, without EV-Edit by your side. It takes a while, and it takes a bit of skill, but that's a really good way to get your piloting skills up.

I haven't played Pale, so I can't say. I did, howewer destroy Alien Cruiser fairly in Talon. It took a Raven (Kestel with more shields, slightly more space and cargo space and space for 7 turrets), all speed upgrades, 2 Neutron Turrets (turreted version of Neutron Blaster), armor upgrades except Armaplast, Shield Booster. It was a pain. Get to back of it, fire. And forbid if you get in it's front. You need to continously retreat while firing, which is hard with 600 acceleration. And unless you fly towards the bottom of the system to make Seeker Drones run out fuel, you are destroyed. There's 8 of coming at the same time. My whole post was a joke, making fun of him making the Forklift even more powerful.

------------------

Try running them into asteroids. Much less work. That is, of course a bit easier with a Missile Jammer. I love those things. Anyways, back to the point. Stuff like modifying weapons and stuff is just plain cheap. Especially when you make it like that. I mean come on, forklift already is a bit powerful, although the reload time makes a only slightly cheap, if at all. I can understand modifying mission chances though. Warping in and out until you get it is just a pain. Heh.

------------------