Recommended Age OR Ego stroking..

While waiting for my reg code nudge nudge wink wink I have time for philosophical
thoughts and ponderances. And I was wondering what the intended demographics for age
is in POG. And then I was wondering what that actually was, heh.

In my case, I'm a 26 yr old male, and I'm completely enjoying the game. I have 2
step-daughters, 8 and almost 10, who are absolutely gaa-gaa over the game as well.
They are constantly arguing about who gets to play, and I finally had to have them
create their own characters and play their own game, since they could never agree about
what they wanted to do first. I may have to get another computer.. grin

Anyways, it is nice to see a game that is enjoyable across a wide-spread of age groups,
not to mention void of strong language, sex, or gratuitous violence(and no, I don't
consider hacking apart goblins to be gratuitous.)

Nice job.

------------------
Shoot 'em with everything you've got. If anything still lives, shoot 'em again.

My daughter, 11, thinks this is a great game. (And Stark - I'd recommend getting that second computer - they're going to need it for school anyway.)

I'm enjoying P0G too, but my age shall remain as "old enough to have an 11 year old daughter".

We're still waiting for our registration code too. (further nudge, nudge, wink, wink)

I agree that it is nice to have a game without too much violence or strong language.

Her only complaint - game player is male. (That, and the weapon graphics don't change when you buy a cooler weapon.)

------------------
It is better to remain silent and be thought an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. (I wish I could remember this before posting!)

Originally posted by MonsterLady:
Her only complaint - game player is male. (That, and the weapon graphics don't
change when you buy a cooler weapon.)

Yeah, my daughters also complained that they couldn't choose a female player. However
the youngest said, "I'm gonna give mine a girl name. With his long hair, he kind of
looks like a girl from behind." 🙂 Sometimes it is the simplest solutions that work
the best. heh.

And I agree that having differing weapon graphics would be mighty fine. It isn't a
major detraction, but would have been a very nice finishing touch.

------------------
Shoot 'em with everything you've got. If anything still lives, shoot 'em again.

my daughter (8) would like a female character too. maybe for PoG 1.01???

what's really nice is that this game isn't so 'twitch' dependent, so it is very enjoyable for those of us who get slaughtered on nintendo...and the 'gore' is really nonexistant, so i don't cringe when my daughter wants to play

------------------

Originally posted by Filch Jones:
**my daughter (8) would like a female character too. maybe for PoG 1.01???

Actually, I'm pretty sure that PoG 1.0.1 will be bugfixes only. Female player-character will either come in a plug-in, or in a version closer to 2.x.x, or even 3.x.x.

I'm 12, I love it...

------------------
macmaxbh
"I don't need romance." Zak Kebron told her confidently. "I have goldfish."