My first day with POG

It was fun 5mins then I got tired of looking for the mayor but after a while did iI find him. Wasn´t really what I expected an drunk. Well after that did I wan´t to kill some thievses so I took my daggard an went out to the forest then an thieve came and tried to kill me but I killed him yea! Then I found an way to switch weapons so I took mine axe and wen´t to the west. I found an cave but I could´n explore it I didn´t have the full version. Then I continued when suddenly another thieve attacked me and he killed me argh... Well then I stoped play it why did I do this? Well first it wasn´t that good graphic after all it could have been an real game that u buy in the stores instead of an game that u dwnload. BUT I AM NOT SAYING THAT U SHOULD´N BUY IT IF U LIKE IT. But it felt alot like nintendos zelda and i have recently finished majornas mask. Just look at the graphic it´s so cool! Well that was a little offtopic use this topic as u wan´t...

------------------

POG is available for download AND on CD which i think is far better than one that youd have to go out and buy. Also, since it shareware, you can downlaod the demo without paying a penny which means that if you dont like it, you wont have wasted your money; you dont get this advantage if you buy a game from a shop.
Also, Majora's Mask is a game for the N64, a game console. These consoles are designed only for the purpose of game playing, and thats why their graphics may be better. Personally, i think the graphics in POG are cute (i dont think they are supposed to be true-to-life) because they give a sense of homour to the game.

Im sorry if this sounds insulting, but i really hate the snoobery some people have towards shareware games. Ambrosia is a real company which makes real games and real money just like Nintendo. We should be promoting new forms of providing the user with products, and the internet is one of them.
I am on a 33.6k modem but i still downloaded the full game (from the Hotline server), and all i had to do was leave my computer on overnight. Maybe im just socially depraved, but to me, downloading is a much more efficient way to distribute software.

P.S. You can download Majora's Mask from the internet too if you know where to look. Does this make it any less of a good game?

(This message has been edited by capnhack (edited 09-05-2001).)

I like SW programs the idea is much better u can test it and c if u like it but I didn´t like this game. Escape velocity and the sequel is much cooler than this game but they aren´t the same kind of game, action and rpg well I guess that I am not that much for rpg it takes to long time to finish. Yes i played the zelda series from the first one to the newest majornas mask and I won´t give up an tradiation

------------------

(This message has been edited by Desert-Rat (edited 09-05-2001).)

Desert-Rat, are you a native English-speaker?

------------------
Andrew Welch / el Presidente / Ambrosia Software, Inc.
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Originally posted by capnhack:
**P.S. You can download Majora's Mask from the internet too if you know where to look. Does this make it any less of a good game?

(This message has been edited by capnhack (edited 09-05-2001).)**

No, but it's illegal.

------------------
Coreył (Cubed)
WILL POST FOR FOOD
Are you a fan of HHGG? Play the original text adventure (url="http://"http://www.douglasadams.com/creations/infocomjava.html")here(/url)!

No I don´t speak english as my first language

------------------

As is becoming a common theme, if you don't like it, then don't buy it nor play it. If
you like the game but are dissatisfied with certain areas of it, then spell out those
disappointments in a constructive post. Simply posting that you don't like the game
seemingly because you died once and that the graphics aren't as cutting edge as a console
game station ... well, lets just say that there isn't much to the post.

So to conclude, if you have a reasonable complaint that you feel can be addressed and
you feel you can articulate in a sensible fashion, then tell us all how the game can
be improved and/or made to be more entertaining. If you simply don't like it and don't
want to play it, then don't. And please don't waste the bandwidth telling everyone how
much you think it sucks. That is about as productive as the post, "ThIs G@//e R0(|<$"
(and just as annoying).

------------------
Shoot 'em with everything you've got. If anything still lives, shoot 'em again.

ok i get the point don´t peak on me

(This message has been edited by Desert-Rat (edited 09-06-2001).)

Originally posted by Desert-Rat:
**ok i get the point don´t peak on me

Uh, sorry, but IMG tags aren't allowed in your sig. It says so on the profile update page. 🙂

------------------
Coreył (Cubed)
WILL POST FOR FOOD
Are you a fan of HHGG? Play the original text adventure (url="http://"http://www.douglasadams.com/creations/infocomjava.html")here(/url)!