Seashells, termites, and swords

Eee! Finished the game, very nice ending! Set-up for a sequel, maybe, too? That would be nice. Final level was 24 with 181 HP, so I didn't have too much trouble, though potions were still necessary.

I do have two remaining questions, maybe I missed something along the way. What were all of those seashells for? I had a bunch, and since they were red in my item list (like the quest-specific items) I didn't sell them anywhere, but I never found anything to do with them. Was I supposed to?

Secondly, there was a termite farm somewhere in the west/southwest. I ran across it very early on and didn't do anything there, but never had a chance to get sent there for anything. As I recall, he was selling termites or something? Was I supposed to buy one? Would it do anything?

Oh, and finally, what did most people end up using as a weapon near the end? I like the war axe of misery quite a lot, but I wanted a nice powerful one-handed weapon so I could use the completed shield. What's the best one-handed weapon?

------------------

As for the end being open, it's that way because PoG was developed with plugins in mind. That is to say, Ambrosia wants users to make thier own additons(and/or "sequels") to the game with Coldstone. Quite a stroke of marketing genius, if you asked me.

Originally posted by lynkali:
Secondly, there was a termite farm somewhere in the west/southwest. I ran across it very early on and didn't do anything there, but never had a chance to get sent there for anything. As I recall, he was selling termites or something? Was I supposed to buy one? Would it do anything?

I was also wondering about the termite farm, I did end up buying one, but as far as I can tell it does absoulutly nothing, and now it like the guy ripped me or something. 😕

------------------
I am the peak of human evolution.

(quote)Originally posted by dude17:
**I was also wondering about the termite farm, I did end up buying one, but as far as I can tell it does absoulutly nothing, and now it like the guy ripped me or something.:)

------------------
Andrew Welch / el Presidente / Ambrosia Software, Inc.
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

The seashells can be later sold, for a small profit.

The termites are more interesting. If you buy one, then head southeast, closer to the Dwarf, you'll find a stranded human with a termite. He asks you where Gidolan Keep is so he can deliver your termite. A great laugh. 😄

------------------
Gentile or Jew
O you who turn the wheel and look to windward,
(url="http://"http://www.bigfurrydeal.com")Consider(/url) Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

Originally posted by oasamostexianu:
**The termites are more interesting. If you buy one, then head southeast, closer to the Dwarf, you'll find a stranded human with a termite. He asks you where Gidolan Keep is so he can deliver your termite. A great laugh.:D

My favorite is the woman in Berglum who needs help "moving her furniture" -- and then you run into her husband later who is complaining about the money he had to spend on his wife's huge Elven bed.

------------------
Andrew Welch / el Presidente / Ambrosia Software, Inc.
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Oh, you'll move her funiture... if you know what I mean... 😉

------------------
Gentile or Jew
O you who turn the wheel and look to windward,
(url="http://"http://www.bigfurrydeal.com")Consider(/url) Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

all i know is that when i agreed to move her furniture the lights went out and i reappeared at her door with my stamina refilled....
ah, the perils of a wandering hero.

------------------

Huh. I'd have thought you'd appear at her front door with your stamina diminished.

Of course, maybe she just baked you cookies. heh.

------------------
Shoot 'em with everything you've got. If anything still lives, shoot 'em again.

nothin' like a fresh dish to refresh the spirit, my friend

------------------

Ugh. Don't tell her husband about it...