Emulating a mac problems...

Hey, y'all!

When I clicked on Basilisk II, I get two messages: one saying basically that something is missing from the file, the other says that something that isn't supposed to be in the file, is in the file...(I think I got that right). Anyway, the file "loaded" but all I got was a blank screen with a pic of a 3.5" floppy that had a blinking question mark on it. I had to Ctrl+Alt+Del myself out of there. I downloaded the starterdisk again...same thing happened. Could it be a problem with the Basilisk file itself?

I'll keep trying!
Happy New Year!
Ace 😉

------------------
Ask me about my new computer. Go ahead...ask me!

(url="http://"http://www.force.com.au/executor.htm")http://www.force.com.au/executor.htm(/url)

Drag any files you want to use into the Apps folder before starting this program

------------------
"Duct Tape is like the force, it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together"

Executor would seem to be the no-brains-about it way to go program, but you have to register it after 30 days (65$) and it doesn't have all functional keys until you do, therefore there's no EVO - luckily this is EV. Keep working on Basilisk, it's free and would seem to be the logical choice. Unfortunately I can't give you much more advice because I have a Mac and have never owned a PC.

------------------
And so Shrout1 finally arrived
And there was Excessive Cheating™

Originally posted by Shrout1:
**Executor would seem to be the no-brains-about it way to go program, but you have to register it after 30 days (65$) and it doesn't have all functional keys until you do, therefore there's no EVO - luckily this is EV. Keep working on Basilisk, it's free and would seem to be the logical choice. Unfortunately I can't give you much more advice because I have a Mac and have never owned a PC.

I agree, Shrout1. However, I still need a mac rom file. I used to use an iMac G3/OS 8.6. I have no idea if I could use that one, or even how to go about getting it from the mac to my pc. If you know, please tell me. I've been on my new pc for about three days, and my trigger finger's getting very itchy, ha-ha! This pc comes with a few good games, but nothing like EV/O...or Ares. My monitor is 19"(18" view area) so to me, this thing's humongous! I keep reaching for my remote control to change the channel, har-har!
I just wish someone would come up with a way to port these great games to pc's

Thanks for responding!
Ace 😄

------------------
Ask me about my new computer. Go ahead...ask me!

Here's what I posted in your other topic - the one on ROM files - this should take care of it.

Originally Posted by ME:
If you can download with the PC go to the How To Emulate A Mac website. If you have it on your mac and can't download with the PC, but need to transfer it, you could burn it onto a CD, use a Zip drive or use Zip-it to break it into small segments and move it on multiple floppy disks.

There you go.

------------------
And so Shrout1 finally arrived
And there was Excessive Cheating™