SOBB!: Save Our Boozarama Bar!

And Insano Said
"Thanks for making it so narrow an area. But I remember several cases of this. In one paticular one, God condemned it. In the others, the human population wasn't large enough so that this could be avoided."

Hey,I'm not going to read the whole thing again to find it!It was boring enough the first time I read it!
But anyway,this guy and his two daughters were lost somewhere in the wilderness with noone arond for years.
The daughters wanted to carry on the bloodline,so they got Pops drunk and bonked him while he was pissed.
That is in no way justifiable.It's just bad genetics!

And Insano Said
"Is going to hell without God enough of a reason?"

As an atheist, I do not believe that I will go to heaven or hell,because for me,neither exists.Heaven and/or Hell are defined by the beliefs of the dying person.
I don't need a system of reward or punishment in the "next life" to live a perfectly good and moral life in this world.

Luke,about your sig.
It's Multiple Personality Disorder when you think you're two or more people.
Schizophrenia is when you hear voices and/or think you are someone else,such as Hitler or Napoleon.
My mother is a social worker and my father is a psychologist,so I should know.

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/shades_shipyard")Shade's Shipyard(/url), the source for your ship needs.

Originally posted by Shade:
**Luke,about your sig.
It's Multiple Personality Disorder when you think you're two or more people.
Schizophrenia is when you hear voices and/or think you are someone else,such as Hitler or Napoleon.
My mother is a social worker and my father is a psychologist,so I should know.

I have been misinformed then, so it seems. Thank you for the information. I think I'll keep my sig the way it is, though, since it seems to flow better than "I don't have Multiple Personality Disorder and neither do I!"

------------------
Write your complaints here: O
Please don't write out of the space.
------------------
(url="http://"http://www.homestead.com/lukenj/index.html")"I'm not a schizophrenic and neither am I!"(/url)

Hey,I'm not going to read the whole thing again to find it!It was boring enough the first time I read it!
But anyway,this guy and his two daughters were lost somewhere in the wilderness with noone arond for years.
The daughters wanted to carry on the bloodline,so they got Pops drunk and bonked him while he was pissed.
That is in no way justifiable.It's just bad genetics!

I remember that story. That was condemned.

As an atheist, I do not believe that I will go to heaven or hell,because for me,neither exists.Heaven and/or Hell are defined by the beliefs of the dying person.
I don't need a system of reward or punishment in the "next life" to live a perfectly good and moral life in this world.

Your loss. And it's not so much about morals as it's about accepting Christ as saviour.

------------------
Go to the Escape Velocity Empire. (url="http://"http://evempire.netfirms.com")http://evempire.netfirms.com(/url) Post all your stuff and enjoy everyone else's.
Worms Armageddon name: Insano
XWA name: KMG_Corran
STVEF name: Insano

Ugh, this is a bit more than I can properly keep up with, but just a few comments. First, everyone should look here(/url.

😛

Trick anyone? 😉

Anyway, as for the story of creation: It may be a story, it may not. But consider: how does God think of time? No one really knows. What He calls a "day" in that story could be a billion years to us, as far as we know. In that sense, it could be accurate. It could also just be a story. We probably won't know until we die.

Originally posted by Luke:
🆒I don't know anyone who is a homosexual, so I wouldn't know.

Well, Lobster is... under that logic, I take it you don't know me? I would say that I know you, after a fashion at least. 😛

------------------
- Macavenger | e-mail: mailto:e-gamerguy1@attbi.come-gamerguy1@attbi.com | Battle.net: Macavenger_
Unofficial Chess champion of the ASW Web Board
Alien Invaders Plugin

I go to church every sunday (quite against my will and beliefs) and Pastor was talking about creation. He said that God did not make everything in 6 days; Moses just tried to write it in such a way that the simpletons of the time would understand. Of course there was not day and night before the Earth even existed.

If God is all powerful and perfect and all that other stuff, why did he have to rest on the 7th day? 😛

------------------
--ares
(url="http://"http://www.saberstudios.f2s.com/")Saber Studios(/url) -- (url="http://"http://home.cfl.rr.com/aresev/")The Legion(/url)

"A towel is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have." -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Originally posted by Insano:
This is an interesting theory that I hadn't heard before. Show me where the Bible says it's just a story. And show me how evolution is more logical than this. It takes more faith to believe humans came from tadpoles than to believe they came from an all powerful God. And where did all the stuff from evolution come from?

It doesn't say it. You have to realize that the Bible is a human-made document. It is evident from the story of creation that it was orally passed down before it was recorded. It's repetitive, which is a large characteristic of oral stories.

**This is not blind faith, it is a knowledgeable faith. Because I have not found one thing wrong with the Bible. The old testament has many, many propecies. The old testament is the foundation for the new. W/O the old testament whether or not Jesus is the saviour would be undeterminable.

There are parts of the Old Testament that are prophecies, and then there are other parts which are quite obviously the work of men. To me, the verification of Jesus as the Messiah is not neccesary, since I believe that he is. To a Christian, who wants to live as Christ taught, the New Testament is the one that should be dealt with, even though that, too, was written by men.

------------------
"My guitar gently weeps." George Harrison, 1943-2001

Originally posted by EVula:
**Just a note: This topic has kinda degraded into non-EV territory, but I'm willing to overlook it just this once (religion just happens to be one of my favorite topics... take a look at my Book Wish List for proof). However, every once and a while, someone say something about EV, please.:)

Sure. Has anyone else noticed the similarity between Christianity and the "descending turtle" religon of one of EV's planets? 🙂

------------------

Originally posted by Lobster:
The country may have been founded on values derived from Christianity, but labeling it Christian principles implies someone outlined the operations of the country directly from the Bible or Christianity, and that is not true.

I think that it implies that many of the ideals come from a Christian lifestyle, which many people live, including non-Christians (of course, this is in a non-religous sense). However, I do agree that this country does not rely on the Bible as a book of law.

**Additionally, religion may be a way of life, but it isn't the only way of life. I'm tired of fundamentalist Christians screaming of how following their doctrine is the only legitimate lifestyle, just as fundamentalist Christians and pretty much the rest of America and the world are tired of rogue Islamic states sponsering terrorism to advocate that their lifestyle is the only legitimate one. Culture wars are frustrating in general.

I agree completely. I think that it is up to each individual to decide how they want to live their lives. If God wanted everyone to bow down and worship Him, He'd make that pretty clear, wouldn't he? 😛

------------------

Originally posted by The Space Between:
**You all know that this has turned into the BBar, right? You guys just wanted somewhere to go. And now this has turned into EV's BBar, but is unofficial. All of the BBAr Originals have come here and are chatting. You were just bored of the BBar?

I can see right through you. 😄

I wonder why this hasn't been iLocked... since it's not a BBar.

The Boozerama Bar wasn't really about discussion, from what I saw. It was really more about goofing around (from what I could tell), which is why I never really got into it. This is true discussion, and more of a "lounge". 😛

------------------

Originally posted by ares1:
**If God is all powerful and perfect and all that other stuff, why did he have to rest on the 7th day?:p

So that there would be a reason for the 7th day to be the Sabbath. 😛

------------------

Originally posted by Starkiller:
**I think that it is up to each individual to decide how they want to live their lives.

There are always limits. I cannot be a raging alcoholic drunk-driving child-molesting people-killing maniac bent on setting people's hair on fire, can I? I do think, however, that social/legal limits should stand up to decent reason and, in another htjyangistic revelation, common sense. (I'm starting to love some of htjyang's logic, when unapplied, of course. :))

------------------
eeelllephant fissshh....

**There are always limits. I cannot be a raging alcoholic drunk-driving child-molesting people-killing maniac bent on setting people's hair on fire, can I? I do think, however, that social/legal limits should stand up to decent reason and, in another htjyangistic revelation, common sense. (I'm starting to love some of htjyang's logic, when unapplied, of course.:) )

Stop taking me so literally! 😛

------------------

**Stop taking me so literally!:p

This is my way of being hostile...talking to death in an attempt to sound intelligent and provide some obscure counterargument...bah!

------------------
eeelllephant fissshh....

**This is my way of being hostile...talking to death in an attempt to sound intelligent and provide some obscure counterargument...bah!

Hey! I'm not being hostile, you self-absorbed nincompoop! 😉

------------------

**Hey! I'm not being hostile, you self-absorbed nincompoop!;)

I didn't accuse you of being hostile, but I have mentioned it with some other people...or something.

I don't care. YOU'RE ALL OUT TO GET ME. AGGAGHGHHHH!!

------------------
eeelllephant fissshh....

I don't care. YOU'RE ALL OUT TO GET ME. AGGAGHGHHHH!!

/me tosses Lobster some... um... whatever it is lobsters like to eat, to try to cheer him up. 😄

------------------
- Macavenger | e-mail: (url="http://"mailto:e-gamerguy1@attbi.com")mailto:e-gamerguy1@attbi.com(/url)e-gamerguy1@attbi.com

Originally posted by Macavenger:
**/me tosses Lobster some... um... whatever it is lobsters like to eat, to try to cheer him up.:D

Well, I could tell you what rooster thinks we eat, but it wouldn't be appropriate...

Otherwise, some water from the Fountain of Youth will do.

------------------
<Pikeman> **** YOU AND YOUR STUPID ****ING MIND GAMES!!!!

I go to church every sunday (quite against my will and beliefs) and Pastor was talking about creation. He said that God did not make everything in 6 days; Moses just tried to write it in such a way that the simpletons of the time would understand. Of course there was not day and night before the Earth even existed.

What kind of church do you go to? Most pastors don't preach that.

There are parts of the Old Testament that are prophecies, and then there are other parts which are quite obviously the work of men. To me, the verification of Jesus as the Messiah is not neccesary, since I believe that he is. To a Christian, who wants to live as Christ taught, the New Testament is the one that should be dealt with, even though that, too, was written by men.

I give up! I've given evidence, defended this evidence, made contradictions not conradictions, and you still say this! Argh! /me calms down now.

If God wanted everyone to bow down and worship Him, He'd make that pretty clear, wouldn't he?

Uh, He did. Commandment 1 of the ten commandments. You shall have no other gods before me.

------------------
Go to the Escape Velocity Empire. (url="http://"http://evempire.netfirms.com")http://evempire.netfirms.com(/url) Post all your stuff and enjoy everyone else's.
Worms Armageddon name: Insano
XWA name: KMG_Corran
STVEF name: Insano

What kind of church do you go to? Most pastors don't preach that.

Do you have any way of knowing that? You have your own expriences to bank on. Besides, look at logic. The dinosaurs died 65 million years ago, and humans have only been around for 3 million years. The story -- emphasis on STORY -- is nothing more than a simple explanation that, for the most part, describes the order that the world is generally believed to have formed in.

I give up! I've given evidence, defended this evidence, made contradictions not conradictions, and you still say this! Argh! /me calms down now.

My point has always been that it was written by men, and shouldn't be treated as divine (even if I went off on a couple tangents :p).

**Uh, He did. Commandment 1 of the ten commandments. You shall have no other gods before me.

...which means nothing to anyone who isn't a Christian. Trust me, if God wanted everyone worshiping Him on their knees, He'd make it known.

------------------

Oh boy! I popped in at a weird time. You guys don't want to get my balls rollin'! (No pun/disgusting thing intended. :p) But, since you already did...

There is one god: that is God himself, and Yes, He does have a name.
We did not evolve from fish, monkeys, dinosaurs, plants, aliens, or anything else. We have been here since the time of dinosaurs. Then why didn't people know about the dinosaurs and didn't write anything in the bible abbout them? is something some of you stupid ones would ask. 😄
Well, if you haven't noticed - everything of the bible takes place over in the far east, because mankind was just beginning, and that's where it started.
The dinosaurs were over here, in America - as we call it today. But why are there dinosaur bones over in the east too?
Well, the flood washed the bones of most of them over there. But most of the bones are found here in America and in the western hemisphere.
And dinosaur bones aren't found in high elevations, so it is a fact that the flood washed them downwards, like a drain.

Got any questions to ask me? I bet you I can answer ANYTHING