The Hitchhiker's Guide Discussion Topic

Originally posted by Luke:
**Well, the books do contradict each other and themselves...

Sorry I had to bring this up again, but I never really got why the books are so contradictory. I mean, except for the outrageous technology, and frequent materializations, the books made perfect sense. What's the deal?

------------------
May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts. And if he doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles, so we'll know them by their limping.

Like how the Earth is destroyed in book I, then later is featured in, err, "Mostly Harmless" I think, where Arthur meets Fenchurch or something and they learn how to fly 😕

------------------
Coreył (Cubed)
Ask somebody if you don't know, that Caesar's rockin' mics like Huey rocks the afro...And flow like a thug look mean, you can't see Caesar with a quart of 'Visine' OR psychic dreams...It make the crowd say ho! and ya sister sat golly, that me and Huey sock-tight like Sifl and Olly, so emcees who step up with their heads held aloft...get their pride cut in two like Darth Maul and Microsoft! BROOKLYN BABY!! WHAT?! WHAT?!

Originally posted by coreycubed:
**Like how the Earth is destroyed in book I, then later is featured in, err, "Mostly Harmless" I think, where Arthur meets Fenchurch or something and they learn how to fly😕

That's in So Long And Thanks For All The Fish, actually, though Earth is also in Mostly Harmless.

I did say "I think"... 😛 I need to get my butt on over to the library and check 'em out again, but I haven't been able to lately :frown:

------------------
Coreył (Cubed)
Ask somebody if you don't know, that Caesar's rockin' mics like Huey rocks the afro...And flow like a thug look mean, you can't see Caesar with a quart of 'Visine' OR psychic dreams...It make the crowd say ho! and ya sister sat golly, that me and Huey sock-tight like Sifl and Olly, so emcees who step up with their heads held aloft...get their pride cut in two like Darth Maul and Microsoft! BROOKLYN BABY!! WHAT?! WHAT?!

But that was easily explained. Alternate dimensions. Hey, if teleportations were possible, (they were) then so are alternate dimensions.

------------------
May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts. And if he doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles, so we'll know them by their limping.

Ahem? Like I said, I haven't read the books lately. I forgot some of the details...

------------------
Coreył (Cubed)