BFS - Episode III: "The Worlds Beyond the Milky Way" pre-registration forum

Alright, Mac and I (and now Cap'n Carno) have been working on developing episode III, and I'm still content to say that it will still be a few weeks before the actual webstory is underway. However, we wish for members who want to go ahead and pre-register for episode III to post here. At the moment, all we need is your name (doesn't have to be your real one), two initials in which you would like to use for map identification, and the government for whom you will serve.

Here is the basic storyline as well as some info.

The Human Confederation will be very much involved in episode III. We will be using two galaxies instead of one, and the jumpgates will serve as passes between the Milky Way and Sentarus.

Before the Confederation / Rebellion war, the humans sent out a colony fleet into the eastern portions of the galaxy. Since war would soon tear itself across the Milky Way, these colonists were seeking a peaceful settlement. The settlers (unknown to the humans) discovered the jumpgate built by the aliens, and the colonists were discovered by the aliens at this point. Instead of killing the humans, the aliens captured them and and brought them to the planet Dreden inside the Sentarus Galaxy: Home of the aliens. On Dreden, the humans were forced to labor, building war machines for the alien empire (Now remember that this all took place a few hundred years ago). The humans started growing numerous on Dreden, until eventually a full scale rebellion broke out on Dreden. The humans, thirsty for revenge after years of cruelty, took over all of Dreden and it thus became a human world. Dreden ship factories, which were formerly an important warship manufacturing site of the alien empire, was now in human hands. The humans now used these factories to build human warships and fighters of their own to defend Dreden. Now, around 30 or so years following the rebellion at Dreden, the "Dreden Rebellion" (which the aliens call them) has gained a formidable foothold in the Sentarus galaxy with their growing navy. Their technology equals that of the aliens, and they thus prove a deadly match. The Dreden Rebellion now wishes to reunite with their human friends of old back in the Milky Way, and they will fight until they gain control of the great Sentarus Galaxy.

Following the Battle of Levo during the "war that was never finished," the Human Confederation mounted large offensives against the invading alien fleets, and through heavy fighting which cost thousands of lives of both humans and aliens, the Human Confederation at last destroyed nearly all the aliens inside the Milky Way. A few, however, managed to escape through the jumpgate. This jumpgate was discovered by the Human Confederation, and this is where the adventure continues...

(Dreden Rebellion and Human Confederation are allies)

I currently have no shipyard or outfit graphics up, but perhaps you would like to see a map of the Sentarus Galaxy? Click (url="http://"http://www.saberstudios.f2s.com/SentarusGalaxy.jpg")here.(/url)

Post any questions you may have, and register in advance by posting the requested information. Thanks.

------------------
-Cap'n Skyblade
-Battle for Sol - Episode III: The Worlds Beyond the Milky Way - coming soon -

(This message has been edited by Captain Skyblade (edited 08-15-2001).)

Fleet- Admiral Alan Rak
ID- GR
Government: Human Confederation

------------------
Prepare to succumb to superior intelligence
MOSS of the Crimson Guard, a (url="http://"http://www.planetarion.com")Planetarion(/url) alliance.
Winning isn't everything thing, it's the only thing.
Go have a good laugh with (url="http://"http://www.toostupidtobepresident.com")Bushisms(/url).

(This message has been edited by General Rak (edited 08-15-2001).)

I guess I'll go ahead and be HC president like we've been talking about. Initials will be MA again.

So Carno is working on it too now? Sounds like good news. Is he going to be playing or filling our neutral mod position?

------------------
- Macavenger | e-mail: (url="http://"mailto:e-gamerguy1@home.com")mailto:e-gamerguy1@home.com(/url)e-gamerguy1@home.com

sounds great. where do i sign up?

------------------
If anyone ever needs help for any part of a plug just e-mail me. zane@cnunited.com
Saint+

Originally posted by Macavenger:
**I guess I'll go ahead and be HC president like we've been talking about. Initials will be MA again.

So Carno is working on it too now? Sounds like good news. Is he going to be playing or filling our neutral mod position?

Last I heard, Carno wanted to serve with the Human Confederation. Hasn't said for sure if he is yet, much less if he's going to officially join episode III.

Name: Captain Skyblade (although my character will have nothing to do with the Captain Skyblade of the previous two episodes).
ID: CS
Government: Dreden Rebellion: President.

No ranks will currently be givern to any players (we'll do this later). Mac is the HC president, and I'm the Dreden Rebellion president. The alien president slot is still open, but we will be keeping our eyes open for someone who has the rules down well and would make an excellent government leader.

No pirates in this episode! πŸ™‚ We can say that the pirate worlds were finally brought under HC rule at the end of episode II (once the aliens were defeated). After all, the pirates really couldn't stand up against the HC Navy alone.

------------------
-Cap'n Skyblade

No pirates!!? Without the pirates it is just "Us against Them" all over again. Excuse me, but ... boring.

One of the most creative twists to EV is the pirate element. Andrew, Matt, or whoever really had great vision.

Merely pitting A against B is no fun.

(What added to BFS II's Battle of Levo was the craziness of three governments battling at once. Of course the craziness became chaotic ... but only because of the absurdly one-sided postings. That's my opinion ... for what it's worth.)

- KK

------------------
Β“You will find that we will be either the most loyal and trustworthy of allies, or ... if you insist on trying to swallow us up -- the worst of enemies. The choice is yours. And should you choose to fight us ... donΒ’t bring a knife to a gunfight!!!Β”

Hi everyone! This is going to be awesome, here's my stuff:

Name: Captain Anderson
Id: CA
Goverment : Dreden Rebellion

------------------
Jimbob

(This message has been edited by Jimbob (edited 08-15-2001).)

Originally posted by Kaptain Karl:
**No pirates!!? Without the pirates it is just "Us against Them" all over again. Excuse me, but ... boring.

- KK

If you like, I could go ahead and add the pirates, but only if you are willing to accept extra complications. Mac and I have already made up plenty of rules, and those new rules were created primarilly because of the rediculous pirate posts during episode II. But if you like, I'll add a pirate government. However, the pirates will not be in the Sentarus galaxy, but in the Milky Way. The aliens have complete control over Sentarus with the exception of the worlds conquered by the Dreden Rebellion.

------------------
-Cap'n Skyblade

Originally posted by Jimbob:
**Hi everyone! This is going to be awesome, here's my stuff:

Name: Captain Anderson
Id: CA
Goverment : Dreden Rebellion

Hey there, Jimbob! Thanks for being the first (not including me) player to join the Dreden Rebellion. Don't worry, I'm not that bad of a commander. πŸ˜‰

Have you participated in any other webstories before, or is this your first? I may be giving ranks and fleets to members depending on their webstory experience...

------------------
-Cap'n Skyblade

ok, the blaze of school has calmed and i now am able to join again.
Name:Mindule
ID:MG
Government:Alien empire(im not pres, to much work, im used to being bossed around :D)

------------------
I bet there darn tasty to.

Originally posted by grunadulater:
**ok, the blaze of school has calmed and i now am able to join again.
Name:Mindule
ID:MG
Government:Alien empire(im not pres, to much work, im used to being bossed around :D)

Good to have a veteran BFS player back. Just keep in mind that registered members are expected to visit the topic regularly. πŸ˜‰

So we now have an alien player. However becomes alien president will give you a rank and fleet when the times comes. Thanks for joining.

------------------
-Cap'n Skyblade

-delete-

------------------
"Why should I boast? The bards will do it for me -- and with music."
--Ertai, wizard adept

(This message has been edited by Lord Asriel (edited 08-15-2001).)

Originally posted by Lord Asriel:
**Name: Admiral Sa'amo Vaten
Initials: SV (my commander's name never changes)
Gov't: Alien President

Looks good. But keep in mind that Mac and I are going to personally select a president for the alien government. After we get enough alien players registered, we'll see who seems to have the most webstory experience, and go from there. For now, lets just say you're "an alien." πŸ˜‰

------------------
-Cap'n Skyblade

Hey!
Shade is back.
Still an Alien.
Initials SH again.
I'm willing to be Alien Emperor if you wish me to be so.

Long live the Empire!

------------------
When seen from the fetid black hole which is my bedroom,time is slowed until it is infinite. Why bother doing that homework right now? You've got all eternity to do it.

Wait, lemme think. Hold off on my race representation for now. I might want to be something else. I'll delete the contents of my previous post.

(No, this isn't just because I'm not president, for anyone who thinks it is)

------------------
--Ertai, wizard adept

Originally posted by Shade:
**Hey!
Shade is back.
Still an Alien.
Initials SH again.
I'm willing to be Alien Emperor if you wish me to be so.

Long live the Empire!

Heya Shade! Glad to see that the aggressive alien fleet commander has returned. Only this time, you won't have Mac to back you up. πŸ˜›

Thanks for joining.

------------------
-Cap'n Skyblade

Sorry for the confusion on my part. I am an alien.

Name: Sa'amo Vaten
Initials: SV
Gov't: Alien
Webstory experience: BFS, BFS II, Reign of Chaos II...I think that's it.

------------------
--Ertai, wizard adept

Originally posted by Lord Asriel:
**Sorry for the confusion on my part. I am an alien.

Name: Sa'amo Vaten
Initials: SV
Gov't: Alien
Webstory experience: BFS, BFS II, Reign of Chaos II...I think that's it.

That's better. You've got some good webstory history.

By the way, there are also two other slots for each government: Ship designer and weapons designer. However, you must have graphics experience to consider taking these positions. Mac and I will make the final decisions for the ship and weapon's designer reqests.

------------------
-Cap'n Skyblade

The Dreden Rebellion sounds cool; I'll sign on with them.

Map initials will be UE, as they were in episode II.

------------------

Originally posted by Captain Skyblade:
We will be using two galaxies instead of one, and the jumpgates will serve as passes between the Milky Way and Sentarus.

Can anyone use a jumpgate, or are they controlled by governments in the same way as planets? And if the Human Confederacy is unopposed in the Milky Way, won't that probably mean that all the action will take place in Sentarus?

Anyway, this story looks like it could be interesting, although I notice that the plot is getting farther and farther removed from the original EV plot. πŸ™‚

------------------
David Arthur
(url="http://"http://members.aol.com/darthur1/talon-ev/")Talon Plugin for the original Escape Velocity(/url)