Look people, your bickering is totally pointless.

MikeeJ, I never thought you'd fall that down.

First of all, this 'new' web board has a lot of good functions. It does, for example, allow you to check what posts are new. I admit it doesn't let you use HTML, but at least then we'll have a lot less newbies screwing around with their bloody HTML signatures. It DOES have automatic signatures by the way, not your nice image signatures or HTML signatures I admit, but there IS an alternative.

Also, this board's location in AmbrosiaSW makes it a good 'central' forum for EV discussion. If there are a gadzillion boards around, none of them will have enough skillful people to tell newbies what to do, discuss new, interesting strategies, plug-ins etc. etc. How many newbies have come to discuss EV in the main Ambrosia forums instead of EV.com's discussion board? Quite many.

What comes to the end of the current EV.com website, I see half of the people in the old board whining about a lack of update, bad design, lazy administrator etc. etc. Now we have a chance to get RELIABLE, FUNCTIONABLE, DECENT and WELL DESIGNED websites straight from Ambrosia Software. So why do you complain?

And about those web boards you're planning to make: You're creating a WEB BOARD to discuss this NEW BOARD, the NEW WEBPAGE and WHETHER OR NOT it was GOOD FOR EV?

Please.

You work just like governments in stupid newspaper satires - set up a group of senators, who create commitees to argue about completely pointless things who set up subcommitees to find a reason why nothing's happening.

And this board beats any GX web board in one to hundred scale, I might add. I don't see WHY this board doesn't fit as an EV Web board.

Skunko, I don't think this web board will erase the 'community'. The other Ambrosia web boards are, quite frequently, pretty community-like. Ambrosia people DO have the ability to erase and/or ban people here, but I don't think they'll be 100% strict in what material will be seen in these boards. I think this is good for the community.

Humans are one weird bunch... they're not happy with the present and make it very clear, yet they complain when a change comes.

------------------
Ankh Starrunner, The Diamond Blaster

I agree with a lot of what you said Ankh, as far as the new site goes. EV.com just wasn't updated enough, and HOPEFULLY with Ambrosia taking the helm that will change. If it does, I'll be a happy camper in that regard, I can tell you.

I didn't know about the web boards to discuss the new board and such, that is kinda stupid and unproductive. Who wants to go to another board just to discuss this one, lol.

However, I am very worried that a lot of experienced and respectful people from the former boards won't transfer over to this one, which would be a serious blow to the EV/EVO community. For all my thoughts on that, check out my response to CS.

Ankh is right in one regard, you guys. Instead of creating web boards for the sole purpose of complaining, you'd probably be better off E-mailing CS your thoughts and such. Of course, that wouldn't be a good idea if you just wanna flame (hint hint).

UEC

The current web board style is quite nice, and I think people who complain are just too spoiled to realize how wonderful this forum is.

Mac- Oldest thread ever!

------------------
Prepare to succumb to superior intelligence
MOSS of the Crimson Guard, a (url="http://"http://www.planetarion.com")Planetarion(/url) alliance.
Winning isn't everything thing, it's the only thing.
Go have a good laugh with (url="http://"http://www.toostupidtobepresident.com")Bushisms(/url).

Originally posted by General Rak:
**The current web board style is quite nice, and I think people who complain are just too spoiled to realize how wonderful this forum is.

Mac- Oldest thread ever!

Digging around old posts, eh? Fine, but please don't drag more of them to the top of the list, if they are completely obsolete/irrelevant nowadays. 🙂

------------------
Write your complaints here: O
Please don't write out of the space.
------------------
(url="http://"http://pub80.ezboard.com/blukesspot")Luke's Board(/url)

Um, Rak not to complain or anything, but this is a waste to bring up a year and a half old post. It serves no purpose to bring something so old up. Please don't do it again.

Whitehawk

------------------
(url="http://"http://pub51.ezboard.com/fquillzfrm4.showMessage?topicID=10.topic")A Pilot's memory(/url)
"Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of congress. But I repeat myself." -- Mark Twain

hahah... a string from over year ago. Good one, Rak.

Here are some names I remember... Ankh, skunko..

I, personally, prefer the original wwwboard. You could see the replies coming down and to the right of the original post... It was sortof low-tech and straight forward. Ive been on this new board a few days and I still don't know how all the features work.

As long as we are talking about boards, whats with the "This space left intentionally blank." thing? I mean, its a single blank line, and by adding that unnecessary statement they made it a line that isnt blank.

--ares

PS- Making HTML signatures was sure fun 😃

------------------

Originally posted by General Rak:
**The current web board style is quite nice, and I think people who complain are just too spoiled to realize how wonderful this forum is.

And you dug up a fossil to prove your point. Blah.

ares1: The 'this space left intentionally blank' bit results from a field left empty after andrew shifted some items about in the board layout. What used to be there is the name of the given board and its moderators. He may get around to filling it. Or maybe not. I think he's busy working on some kind of new game.

------------------
PlanetPhil
world keeps turning

Originally posted by Captain Whitehawk:
**Um, Rak not to complain or anything, but this is a waste to bring up a year and a half old post. It serves no purpose to bring something so old up. Please don't do it again.

Whitehawk

Agreed. We should probably shut off these obsolete topics before they cause extra problems...

------------------
-Cap'n Skyblade
-Battle for Sol - Episode III: The Worlds Beyond the Milky Way - coming soon -

Originally posted by ares1:
**I, personally, prefer the original wwwboard. You could see the replies coming down and to the right of the original post... It was sortof low-tech and straight forward. Ive been on this new board a few days and I still don't know how all the features work.

I've worked with that type of board in the past, and now with this one, and I've got to say, the UBB format is a lot better. Just take a little time and get used to it.

------------------
- Macavenger | e-mail: (url="http://"mailto:e-gamerguy1@home.com")mailto:e-gamerguy1@home.com(/url)e-gamerguy1@home.com

Originally posted by Macavenger:
**I've worked with that type of board in the past, and now with this one, and I've got to say, the UBB format is a lot better. Just take a little time and get used to it.

Yeah, probably. Can someone please explain to me this karma thing? Who is in control of that? My best guess is that if the mods spot someone being especially helpful or cruel they adjust your "karma" accordingly... Am I wrong?

And now that I'm thinking of these things, I need to go make myself a signature.

--ares, the signatureless

------------------

Whilst you work on your signature, I shall post a reply to your question about karma. You are indeed correct about your assumptions regarding karma. However, its unlikely that anyone who just hangs around on the EV Original borad will be getting any, seeing as how we currently have a deficiency of moderators. (I know it lists them, they just don't visit as often as we'd like)

Thats why I say we try and get one of our own elevated to that status, say, someone like Captain Skyblade, or Macavenger. Though I understand Skyblade may be acquiring a similar position somewhere else. Who would I write an email to to ask about this?

------------------
Apply When Wet

As for the e-mail, don't waste your time. The candidates would be andrew of Captain Skyblade himself, and you won't get any information out of either of them.

However, if Skyblade does become a mod on some other board, while he won't be able to edit, delete, etc. from around here, he can still raise and lower karma for posts on this board. He might also theoretically be able to encourage andrew to get a new, active mod or two at this board, though not having been a mod or known andrew, that's purely wild speculation on my part, and could easily be wrong.

(edit) Also, ZenMastaT, thanks for suggesting me along with Skyblade for a proposed mod, even if you have no influence about it, I appreciate the sentiment. (/edit)

------------------
- Macavenger | e-mail: (url="http://"mailto:e-gamerguy1@home.com")mailto:e-gamerguy1@home.com(/url)e-gamerguy1@home.com

Ah well, I guess thats good motivation to hang on around here, get to know everyone so I can garner influence.... heh. No problem about the mod thing, I've read through BFS2 and many of its subsidiary topics, and you seem to make a good mod.

------------------
Apply When Wet

However, if Skyblade does become a mod on some other board, while he won't be able to edit, delete, etc. from around here, he can still raise and lower karma for posts on this board. He might also theoretically be able to encourage andrew to get a new, active mod or two at this board, though not having been a mod or known andrew, that's purely wild speculation on my part, and could easily be wrong.

True, but I don't know if raising or lowering karma just for webstories would be a good idea. If I had that kind of power, I wouldn't use it unless absolutely necessary.

I do agree we need a new moderator (or two) for this forum, though. I've lost count of how many new topics I've had to start just because the moderators aren't closing them at the 200 post mark like they should.

------------------
-Cap'n Skyblade

Originally posted by Captain Skyblade:
**True, but I don't know if raising or lowering karma just for webstories would be a good idea. If I had that kind of power, I wouldn't use it unless absolutely necessary.

I wasn't thinking for webstories. I'd have a hard time dropping karma because of posts to webstories, unless it got really beyond the realm of the story. I was thinking for the more general purpose stuff around the board. The webstories come up with the issue of editing/deleting posts.

------------------

**I was thinking for the more general purpose stuff around the board. The webstories come up with the issue of editing/deleting posts.

Those would be the better reasons for holding moderator powers (in my opinion).

------------------
-Cap'n Skyblade