Screenshots?

Hi everyone, for the most part I'm a PC-Gamer but I play EV over at a friends house and I'm getting a Mac (I hope) for my Birthday which is in October. My questions is: in most PC games that I play, you can take screenshots by hitting "Print Scrn" or "Scroll Lock", is it possible to take Screenshots of EV? And if so, how? Thanks in advance,

The semi-dangerous Hunter. 🙂

------------------
The Hunter: semi-dangerously flying around in his Courier, looking for Pirates who are worse them him to blow up. Loyalty: Umm...I like the Feds better but I ain't enlisting!

I think screenshots are taken by pressing Cmd-Shift-3. That's of the whole screen. Cmd-Shift-4 lets you designate an area of the screen for a screenshot.

------------------
"Why should I boast? The bards will do it for me -- and with music."
--Ertai, wizard adept

Sadly You cannot take screen shots for EV with that method. You will have to use a program such as Spapz Pro. Wich costs about $20 USD.

------------------
Long live the Alien empire!

(This message has been edited by rebel council (edited 08-13-2001).)

Oh, well. Thanks anyway. 🙂

------------------
The Hunter: semi-dangerously flying around in his Courier, looking for Pirates who are worse them him to blow up. Loyalty: Umm...I like the Feds better but I ain't enlisting!

Originally posted by rebel council:
Sadly You cannot take screen shots for EV with that method

Yeah, I think it's because the EV engine allows no events (or whatever it's called). I noticed that cause a mp3 player won't start the next song on the playlist until you exit to the EV menu screen.

------------------
Eat, sleep, eat, sleep

Originally posted by Lord Asriel:
**I think screenshots are taken by pressing Cmd-Shift-3. That's of the whole screen. Cmd-Shift-4 lets you designate an area of the screen for a screenshot.

RC is right. I use Cmd-Shift-3 to take a screenshot of just about anything (and Cmd-Shift-4 if you want a shot of the entire screen), but this option doesn't work in many computer games (including the EV series).

Snapz Pro should fix that problem.

------------------
-Cap'n Skyblade
-Battle for Sol - Episode III: The Worlds Beyond the Milky Way - coming soon -

Originally posted by Clueless:
**Yeah, I think it's because the EV engine allows no events (or whatever it's called).

Apple events : special commands sent from one Apple application to another. Through Apple event technology, AppleScript can control other applications. Also, different applications can control one another through Apple events. (using Word's Embedding feature to add an Excel spreadsheet to a memo you're writing in Word, for example).

------------------
PlanetPhil
world keeps turning

Alternatively, if you have QuicKeys, you can set a function key to take a screenshot. That's what I do.

------------------
"Why should I boast? The bards will do it for me -- and with music."
--Ertai, wizard adept