POG -- Questions and Comments!

First I would like to say that I am SOOOOOOO excited about the release of POG!!! YEEEEHAAAA... (and also coldstone, since more great mac rpg's are likely to follow)

It is about time that someone invested money and time into a great MAC rpg. I mean the most recent two great rpg's made for mac (in my opinion) are Cythera and Avernum 2. I haven't played the might or magic series or whatever it is called. But, I am definitely considering purchasing a new iMac for POG and the other large games coming out. My computer unfortunately is the first version iMac and is pretty much outdated already.

Anyway, on to the questions:

1. How many POG beta testers are there currently? (I know it is closed but I am just curios as to how many it takes for a game like this)

2. Will Coldstone be able to make both online/multi player rpg's and single player rpg's?

3. If both, is POG online multi player also?

4. What is the optimum system for POG? processor speed, memory etc... (not counting the G4, can't afford it!). I know the minimum requirements, just curious about the best system for it.

5. Is POG and/or Coldstone available for windows? if not, will it be? (HOPE not :D, I am partial to the mac and mac only products)

6. On a scale of 1 to 10, beta testers please rate POG (also, compare it to cythera/avernum if you have played them)

7. And, last but not least, will MacOSX users be able to run it natively on OSX?

Thank you Ambrosia for your wonderful products for the MAC. And, thanks also to Beenox for what looks to be the best new rpg made for the MAC.

------------------

welcome aboard.

1.) just the right number!

2.) no

3.) no

4.) technicaly speaking, a rev A imac with 64 megs of memory could run PoG. an optimum setup? hmm... let me get out my wallet... 😄 (RAM will help you)

5.) yes

6.) now now, don't tempt us...

7.) yes

you can get most of this stuff from the general news posts and FAQs, so always look there first. also, don't ask too many questions about the beta testers -- it's a private beta for a reason. don't worry though -- if you liked the Exile series PoG should be a treat.

------------------
Do not follow me for I may not lead. Do not lead for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either. Just leave me the hell alone.
-Jedi

1. It has been confirmed that it is a whole number above 0.
  2. No.
  3. No.
  4. PoG runs well on a G3 with at least 96 of RAM, but more is always better.
    I'm testing it on a pre-g3 machine, it runs pretty well. Faster would be better, of course, but what can you do?
  5. Yes. ASW is embracing the new age of computing.
  6. This is also a whole number above 0.
  7. Yes.
    Good luck digging for more info than that.

- Anatole The Redeemer
Master Writer and crazy person.

------------------
There will come a time, when the/curse of the One above/will not be tolerated further/when the Lineage of Caine will be weak/and there will be no Embracing for/these Childer/for their blood will run like water/and the potence in it will wither/Then, you know in this time that/Gehenna will soon be upon you.
- The Book Of Nod