Looking for a good plug-in...

I am getting bored with Galactic Scourge and I'm wondering if anyone could recomend a plug-in that has some fun missions etc., not to small but preferably not larger than 5 or 6 MB. Thanks.

------------------
Write your complaints here: O
Please don't write out of the space.

I haven't played that many. I would recommend new Horizons, don't know if you've played that or not.

------------------
Almost doesn't count, but barely does.
"The problem with the designated driver program, it's not a desirable job. But if you ever get sucked into doing it, have fun with it. At the end of the night, drop them off at the wrong house."
- Jeff Foxworthy

Here's a short list of what I recommend:

Pale

Empire Trilogy which include the following:

Empire
E2: Dark Horizon
E3: Endgame
E4: Empire of Crime

Clauvis and Beyond
Mugbai and Destiny
Eye of Orion
EVGE
Quantumire Trilogy
Final Battle
Bounty Plus

Also, if you've never played it, Martain Turner's Frozen Heart for EVO is what I would consider top ten amongst the Override plugs. But that's my oppion. Hope this list fits your needs.

Whitehawk

------------------
(url="http://"http://pub51.ezboard.com/fquillzfrm4.showMessage?topicID=10.topic")A Pilot's memory(/url)
"Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of congress. But I repeat myself." -- Mark Twain

Originally posted by Captain Whitehawk:
**Here's a short list of what I recommend:

Pale

Empire Trilogy which include the following:

Empire
E2: Dark Horizon
E3: Endgame
E4: Empire of Crime

Clauvis and Beyond
Mugbai and Destiny
Eye of Orion
EVGE
Quantumire Trilogy
Final Battle
Bounty Plus

Also, if you've never played it, Martain Turner's Frozen Heart for EVO is what I would consider top ten amongst the Override plugs. But that's my oppion. Hope this list fits your needs.

Whitehawk

Thank you, I'll look into those.

------------------

I think that all of those recomendations are exelent, I loved all of those plugs, EVGE and E:3 were especially dificult in some missions. And i don't mean that you can't beat them, i just mean that compared to ev w/ no plugins, they are much more chalenging. E:3 allows you to approach an awesome battle from many sides, with many different ways of fighting. I really liked how chalenging some of the Sauridian missions could be, some were genuinely dificult. This goes as well for the weave's mission set. And the range of good ships in the game is very large. There is no specific ship that is the be all end all of the game (like the reb destroyer was.) There were fighters that could take on capitol ships (good shielding speed and weaponry) there were light cap ships that were like a combo of a rapier and a reb cruiser (like a destroyer but better in all areas.) And heavy capitol ships with incredible prowess. However, the game kept a remarkable sense of balence, and some of the missions that involved masive fleet engagments were incredible. This game is best if played in strict (as if all the rest were not.) For EVGE, there were so many new elements added to the game that it became rather incredible. For one, i like the aliens, They are incredibly powerful, and executing their destruction requires some talent and strategy. I like how the large ships in the game can put up a truely massive wall of fire. I also like how they can also launch enormous numbers of powerful fighters, which in this game become a very serious threat to capitol ships (unlike in EV orig.) A clash between any of the major factions 2 largest warships is a site to behold, massive numbers of fighters coming at one another in large waves. But both of these plugins seem incredibly well balenced, and well written, and both have nice graphics. E:3 has another advantage, the mission strings are truely massive, each string leads you on a fight through all parts of the galexy, with some strings having a major mission set in all corners of the galexy. I would recomend playing as the sauridians first, then as the weave. The sauridian end missions are nearly impossible, one mission pits you agains a enormous fleet of nearly invincible alien battle cruisers, whose weapons will vaporize the toughest ship in a few seconds. This mission is hard. The hardest however are the destroy a naval base missions. these are nearly impossible, no porjectile weapons will even scratch the stations, so you must get in close, and contend with its massive number of turrets. Anyway just some useless crap, but gfet these two, and get new horizions also.
-Joe

------------------

Originally posted by jdh545:
**I think that all of those recomendations are exelent, I loved all of those plugs, EVGE and E:3 were especially dificult in some missions. And i don't mean that you can't beat them, i just mean that compared to ev w/ no plugins, they are much more chalenging. E:3 allows you to approach an awesome battle from many sides, with many different ways of fighting. I really liked how chalenging some of the Sauridian missions could be, some were genuinely dificult. This goes as well for the weave's mission set. And the range of good ships in the game is very large. There is no specific ship that is the be all end all of the game (like the reb destroyer was.) There were fighters that could take on capitol ships (good shielding speed and weaponry) there were light cap ships that were like a combo of a rapier and a reb cruiser (like a destroyer but better in all areas.) And heavy capitol ships with incredible prowess. However, the game kept a remarkable sense of balence, and some of the missions that involved masive fleet engagments were incredible. This game is best if played in strict (as if all the rest were not.) For EVGE, there were so many new elements added to the game that it became rather incredible. For one, i like the aliens, They are incredibly powerful, and executing their destruction requires some talent and strategy. I like how the large ships in the game can put up a truely massive wall of fire. I also like how they can also launch enormous numbers of powerful fighters, which in this game become a very serious threat to capitol ships (unlike in EV orig.) A clash between any of the major factions 2 largest warships is a site to behold, massive numbers of fighters coming at one another in large waves. But both of these plugins seem incredibly well balenced, and well written, and both have nice graphics. E:3 has another advantage, the mission strings are truely massive, each string leads you on a fight through all parts of the galexy, with some strings having a major mission set in all corners of the galexy. I would recomend playing as the sauridians first, then as the weave. The sauridian end missions are nearly impossible, one mission pits you agains a enormous fleet of nearly invincible alien battle cruisers, whose weapons will vaporize the toughest ship in a few seconds. This mission is hard. The hardest however are the destroy a naval base missions. these are nearly impossible, no porjectile weapons will even scratch the stations, so you must get in close, and contend with its massive number of turrets. Anyway just some useless crap, but gfet these two, and get new horizions also.
-Joe

Thanks for the highly detailed review. 🙂 I will check those out after I get bored with Bounty Plus, which could be a while. Thank you all for your suggestions.

------------------

(This message has been edited by nwa728 (edited 05-30-2004).)

'Scuse me, but by FAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR Mugabi and Destiny is the best plug ever designed for EV (Empire and quagmire trilogy excluded, haven't done those yet) The fast-paced play the cool ships, and, if you play the "for her" version, a little romance... anywhoo, M=D is de BOMB! 🆒

CyberDragon

'Scuse me, but by FAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR Mugabi and Destiny is the best plug ever designed for EV (Empire and quagmire trilogy excluded, haven't done those yet) The fast-paced play the cool ships, and, if you play the "for her" version, a little romance... anywhoo, M=D is de BOMB! 🆒

CyberDragon

---------------------------------
"Man sit with mouth open in chair long time afore roast duck fly in."
-Ancient Chinese Proverb

Get Pale if you're tired of GS. Very entertaining, and the newest version features some amazing graphics and gameplay.

------------------
~Captain Skyblade

CEO of the Corsair Development Team
(url="http://"http://tmgmedia.net/jpayne")Corsair Homepage(/url) | (url="http://"http://pub57.ezboard.com/bcorsairdevelopers")Corsair Web Board(/url) | (url="http://"http://pub101.ezboard.com/bstarbasedelta")Starbase Delta(/url)