Who is making PoG Plug-ins?

Who is planning on making a PoG plug? What will it do? How big will it be? etc. Will you be starting off by making a plug-in for PoG? As opposed to diving right into the realms of game development?

------------------
Apple Computer - The name of microsoft's research and development division
--------------------------------

You may want to wait for people to get PoG and discover how large and immersive it is before you start adding to it. There's less to add then you may think. On the other hand, maybe you are creative enough to add a lot of stuff that's missing to it.
Whatever

-Anatole

------------------
Whee!

Anatole, I'm a beta tester (Alex Hawkins-I don't post all that much but I read almost everything from the list), so I know how big it is. 🙂 Would it not be possible to design a larger plug-in that could basically fit in at any point in the game with some modification?

(This message has been edited by DarkBlade (edited 08-03-2001).)

I'm a beta tester

Whoops.

Would it not be possible to design a larger plug-in that could basically fit in at any point in the game with some modification?

It would be very possible, indeed. At that point where you go to <garbled>, and talk to <garbled> and he gives you that almighty sword, the <garbled>, you could have it be stolen by thief gang, who <garbled> <garbled> <garbled> earlier, and you have to go on a big series of quests to the city of <garbled> <garbled>, and recover the sword from <garbled>.
That was fun.

-Anatole

(edited to place the garbleds in where i said things i wasn't supposed too...)
------------------
Whee!

(This message has been edited by Anatole (edited 08-03-2001).)

hehe, If I were you I'd get inside before the mob starts throwing stones.

------------------
Apple Computer - The name of microsoft's research and development division
--------------------------------

As for the original question, I would start with PoG plugs most likely.
Personally, I would probably start by adding easter-egg spells/abilities(depending on what the game allows; spells, abilities, both, or something similar).
For example, after getting the <garbled> from <garbled>, you would immediatly go to <garbled> instead of trying to finish that quest. At <garbled>, you would sneak into <garbled>'s home and walk through a secret passage in his <garbled>-room, which was not previously in the game. Behind that secret passage, there would be a garbled sphere (I mean, there would be a circle that looked like animated random data). When you walk up to the garbled sphere, it will give you:
<Ability: > The ability to get 1 piece of gold(or equivilant currency) by using 1 mana(or equivilant stat).
<Spell: > The spell "Dance of Fire." When used, the player does not attack, moves half as slow, and is immune to all attacks other then psycic(or equivilant type). When attacked in hand-to-hand combat, the attacker takes medium to high fire damages and has a 15% chance of catching on fire(I would add that effect if it did not exist in the game). While in fire, the victim would take high fire damage every 3 seconds, and would not be able to walk strait(if available, a "confused" effect would be appropriate).

------------------
Heh. I can too spell. Most of the time...
(see title)

Originally posted by DarkBlade:
**Who is planning on making a PoG plug? What will it do? How big will it be? etc. Will you be starting off by making a plug-in for PoG? As opposed to diving right into the realms of game development?

Forgive me if I missed the note, but will someone please point me to the source that said PoG will allow user-based plug-ins? Or is this just assuming?

Saphfire

------------------

it was announced a while ago. I can't find a link to it right now. we've already been shown a little bit of the plug-in architecture. it's pretty cool 😉

------------------
Do not follow me for I may not lead. Do not lead for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either. Just leave me the hell alone.
-Jedi

Actually, I've already got a few ideas for plugs for PoG. Nothing big, just some thoughts for expanding the game in a few directions which it hasn't currently taken. 😉

-Glenn

------------------
Sometimes I think we're alone.
Sometimes I think we're not.
In either case, the thought is quite staggering.
--R. Buckminster Fuller