isn't it boring down here?

just to liven things up! (sorry for spaming, i don't usually spam) i think people are really looking forward to coldstone more than PoG but i may be wrong ๐Ÿ˜›

------------------
The Dursleys had not changed much in the ten years that had passed, the only thing that was different was the pictures on the wall. Before, they looked like a pink beach ball wearing different colored bobble hats.
1984 won't be like 1984

no, you're right.

------------------
Do not follow me for I may not lead. Do not lead for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either. Just leave me the hell alone.
-Jedi

Hrm. Um. I think it's more mixed than that, only because I, as a non-coldstone tester, and someone who doesn't know what they're talking about, thinks that most people don't realize how hard to use Coldstone really is. On the other hand, I may be completely wrong. Whatever.

-Anatole

------------------
Whee!

(quote)Originally posted by bobblehat:
**just to liven things up! (sorry for spaming, i don't usually spam) i think people are really looking forward to coldstone more than PoG but i may be wrong:)

I suppose one will have to purchase Coldstone if one wants to play PoG though. I've never paid much attention, did Divinity from Realmz have much success?

---Zelda

------------------
I am your Fairy Godmoderator.

Hey, if you're in love with someone, then you have the right to completely screw up their life.--cynical me!

Coldstone makes stand-alone games, so you won't have to purchase Coldstone to play PoG.

Saphfire

------------------

Originally posted by saphfire:
**Coldstone makes stand-alone games, so you won't have to purchase Coldstone to play PoG.

Saphfire

Here I was just assuming it was like Divinity or Blades of Exile and you had to purchase the engine to play the games. I'll try and pay more attention. Thanks!

---Zelda

------------------

Hey, if you're in love with someone, then you have the right to completely screw up their life.--cynical me!

Uhm...yeah...
Saphfire, you weren't supposed to tell them that!
Now how are we supposed to extort them!?!

-Anatole

------------------
Whee!

don't worry man. I've got some damn fine incriminating photos. the extortion is covered. they'll be eating out our hands... and by our hands I in fact mean ASW's hands. hey, are we getting kickbacks for this?

(edited for UBB errors)

------------------
Do not follow me for I may not lead. Do not lead for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either. Just leave me the hell alone.
-Jedi

(This message has been edited by jmitchell (edited 06-20-2001).)

If you go by web board traffic, Coldstone seems to be a lot more popular. Of course, if someone wants to post questions about parties, turn based combat and online play, I'm sure the PoG boards would get a lot more lively. ๐Ÿ˜„

------------------
Money is not the root of all evil, Jar Jar Binks is.

I've got the feeling that when PoG is released, this board will be filled with people talking about it and disscussing the 298-page manual's unessacary complexity.
Yes, I'm serious about the 298-page manual, boys and girls...

-Anatole

------------------
Whee!

Originally posted by Anatole:
**I've got the feeling that when PoG is released, this board will be filled with people talking about it and disscussing the 298-page manual's unessacary complexity.
Yes, I'm serious about the 298-page manual, boys and girls...

-Anatole

Why should we worry? It's not like they're forcing you to read it. Nobody in their right mind would read a 200+ page manual. I only skim through 10 page manuals.

------------------

**Why should we worry? It's not like they're forcing you to read it. Nobody in their right mind would read a 200+ page manual. I only skim through 10 page manuals.

I usually start off by telling myself that I don't need to read the manual. I'll just figure it out as I go along. You can imagine how this goes. Not well. But I do it every time. I'll never learn.

I will say that I don't see me reading a 300 page manual. Even Baldur's Gate was only about 150 pages...and you could skip a great deal of it and still understand how to play adequately.

---Zelda

------------------

Heh. That may well be.
Good luck trying to play like that.
/me smiles

-Anatole

------------------
Whee!

Kudos to whoever actually wastes their precious time reading such a boring and tedious collection of useless information that will not in any way improve one's lifestyle. And a cookie to the one who took time out of their hectic schedules to make up such an in-depth novel. Perhaps they should work at Microsoft (like they need more mindless slaves).

If they can't make a fun game and intuitive interface, one that isn't so cryptic that I can't figure it out without training courses, then quite frankly, the enjoyment of PoG isn't worth my time.

I'm sure anyone with an IQ over slug can do just fine without the manual.

Saphfire

------------------

jesus man, they were just joking around. a six year old on crack could figure out the PoG interface.

------------------
-Jedi

Originally posted by Anatole:
**Heh. That may well be.
Good luck trying to play like that.
/me smiles

-Anatole

I'm guessing this is the first game you've ever beta tested? ๐Ÿ™‚

---Zelda

------------------

Hey, if you're in love with someone, then you have every right to completely screw up their life.--cynical me!

Originally posted by jmitchell:
**jesus man, they were just joking around. a six year old on crack could figure out the PoG interface.

Wow, don't get all bent out of shape. No one on these boards is ever serious. Common business sense tells you that no one could cram that much information into an instructional manual without the aid of 72 font sized text.

Saphfire

------------------

**...i think people are really looking forward to coldstone more than PoG but i may be wrong I quite think that PoG is going to be easily described through two words: w00t and c00l.

**...just to liven things up! (sorry for spaming, i don't usually spam)...

****(/quote)

It seems that there already are two other topics on this subject... Why a third?

(quote)Originally posted by Anatole:
**Uhm...yeah...
Saphfire, you weren't supposed to tell them that!
Now how are we supposed to extort them!?!

**(/quote)

I have one word to say about this: heh

------------------
YakKa Foob MoG. GRuG
PubbuWuP ZiNk WattooM
GaZoRK. CHuMBLE SpuZz.
(url="http://"http://pub101.ezboard.com/bstarbasedelta")Starbase Delta(/url) | (url="http://"http://www.coolboard.com/myboards.cfm?oid=88975708993460")Spacestation Pheta Unofficial Forums(/url) | (url="http://"http://pub75.ezboard.com/bdaedalusdevelopers")Daedalus Developers' Board(/url)

**Wow, don't get all bent out of shape. No one on these boards is ever serious. Common business sense tells you that no one could cram that much information into an instructional manual without the aid of 72 font sized text.

Saphfire

Actually..... Have you ever seen or read the Macromedia Director 8 manual? Or some of the aids/guides? Sheesh!

The reference/manual that I use for Director has ove 500 pages. I have actually read some 450 of them! (the rest are the index ;))

And yes, I realise that this is a game, and not a fiendishly large multimedia development application, but still, we were talking about manuals in general, right? Right?

BTW, if any Coldstone testers are here, and wish to tell, is the Coldstone manual (if any) large? I personally would expect it to be quite big.... not necessarily a couple of hundred pages though! ๐Ÿ™‚

-Andiyar

------------------
"Any good that I may do here, let me do now, for I may not pass this way again"

(quote)Originally posted by Tarnฤ‡lion Andiyarus:
**Actually..... Have you ever seen or read the Macromedia Director 8 manual? Or some of the aids/guides? Sheesh!

The reference/manual that I use for Director has ove 500 pages. I have actually read some 450 of them! (the rest are the index ๐Ÿ˜‰

and i'm not picking on Tarnฤ‡lion Andiyarus, he just had the last post, that's all ๐Ÿ™‚

------------------