Originally posted by jmitchell:
(" the time " = early March...)

Oooo....cryptic. What is "the time"?

Saphfire

------------------

Originally posted by saphfire:
**Oooo....cryptic. What is "the time"?

here: I'll draw you a map -->

...I can't remember wether it was going to be in-game or not, but it was a good idea at

**-- > the time. <-- **

if somebody at beenox has a free minute, maybe they could put up some of that just to spice things up?

as only beta testers would know what " the time " was in context of this message, I cleared things up by telling the other people on this board that march was the last time at which beenox was still talking about adding an in-game monster bestiary. well, there you have it. cryptography be damned.

------------------
Do not follow me for I may not lead. Do not lead for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either. Just leave me the hell alone.
-Jedi

LOL, nice one mitchell. I was worried that "the time" was when PoG was going to be released. I doubt I could wait another 9 months.

Saphfire

------------------

jmitchel_
-50 pages? i'd be surprised if it sucked the knoledge out of you... it would (themanual) probabley have to find another 50 pages so the book would end up sucking up your homework..

------------------
The Dursleys had not changed much in the ten years that had passed, the only thing that was different was the pictures on the wall. Before, they looked like a pink beach ball wearing different colored bobble hats.
1984 won't be like 1984

Exactly.
/me smiles

-Anatole

------------------
Whee!

Originally posted by bobblehat:
**the book would end up sucking up your homework..

once again: that's one hell of a manual...

------------------
Do not follow me for I may not lead. Do not lead for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either. Just leave me the hell alone.
-Jedi

me thinks that Andrew got real bored one day and created this opposing, sick, twisted alter-ego named, let's say, Anatole (not exactly an anagram but the first two letters match).

------------------
Self-improvement is masturbation.
Use Soap

Originally posted by eMan:
**me thinks that Andrew got real bored one day and created this opposing, sick, twisted alter-ego named, let's say, Anatole (not exactly an anagram but the first two letters match).

I actually thought of that same idea (and how foolish I'd look if I kept aguing with Anatole and he turned out to actually know everything)... but I dismissed it on the principle that andrew doesn't have the time to get bored.

------------------
-Jedi

Heh...Andrew has the time to get bored. Look at #ev3, for example...
(smiles)
And maybe, just maybe, I might know more than you, jmitchell....
(smiles again)

-Anatole

------------------
Whee!

what? alright, I don't get the smiles and the trailing sentences and all that. but whatever. I'm too tired to argue with you. actually, you haven't said anything to argue with yet, so what exactly would we argue about? never mind. I'm bored, and work today is not helping me.

------------------
-Jedi

*Using hospital lingo learned from watching "ER," StarS declares that this board is, once again, dead.

------------------
Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes.
Si vous pouvez lire ce, grande affaire!
(url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/cgi-bin/ubb/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum;=Just+Games&number;=60&DaysPrune;=20&LastLogin;=")Just Games(/url), because wasting time is a beautiful thing

Originally posted by StarStrafer:
***Using hospital lingo learned from watching "ER," StarS declares that this board is, once again, dead.

give it some time. The board launched too early (due to an unexpected hiccup in production), but it'll be full of people when the game releases. I know I'd have questions about PoG if I hadn't already played through it twice.

------------------
-Jedi

**snip... I know I'd have questions about PoG if I hadn't already played through it twice.

Careful there, played through it twice?

Skip (beta tester for POG)

------------------
...it wasn't me...

Originally posted by Anatole:
**Glenn:
Uhm, when did YOU last see Beenox's revision of the manual?
I got a copy yesterday after an hour or so of bugging Dee, and it's up too 298 with the
revised combat system...

-Anatole

I say Anatole, with all your smugness why have you not contributed a SINGLE report to the POG Beta test list? The Coldstone manual will of course be large, but POG certainly doesn't need a manual of the size you are quoting.

Methinks that you are somewhat overstating your worth and relative importance to the Coldstone/POG endeavor.

Skip

Sorry Brian, the first paragraph should have included "SINGLE report to the POG Beta test list (since the release of the current beta version)"
------------------
...it wasn't me...

(This message has been edited by SkipMeier (edited 07-17-2001).)

Originally posted by SkipMeier:
**Careful there, played through it twice?

Skip (beta tester for POG)

yes, the same as you.

------------------
-Jedi

I say Anatole, with all your smugness why have you not contributed a SINGLE report to the POG Beta test list? The Coldstone manual will of course be large, but POG certainly doesn't need a manual of the size you are quoting.
Methinks that you are somewhat overstating your worth and relative importance to the Coldstone/POG endeavor.
Sorry Brian, the first paragraph should have included "SINGLE report to the POG Beta test list (since the release of the current beta version)"

SkipM: Sorry to have been not on the listing, but due to the large file sizes, bad ISP, poor modem performance, constant problems with Ambrosia's FTP cutting out on me partway through, I've been unable to GET the newest beta. I've disscussed the issues with Andrew, and I'm basically out of the beta untill I can get the download to complete. Don't think I'm not furious at this. Oh, and the 298-page manual thing was a joke I'd had running for some time. Read some of the other topics.

-Anatole, Prophet and Herald

------------------
Whee!

**SkipM: Sorry to have been not on the listing, but due to the large file sizes, bad ISP, poor modem performance, constant problems with Ambrosia's FTP cutting out on me partway through, I've been unable to GET the newest beta. I've disscussed the issues with Andrew, and I'm basically out of the beta untill I can get the download to complete. Don't think I'm not furious at this. Oh, and the 298-page manual thing was a joke I'd had running for some time. Read some of the other topics.

-Anatole, Prophet and Herald

I had similar problems downloading HUGE files with a browser.

I now use Fetch 3.0.3. If you are disconnected or early terminated, Fetch has the option to continue the interrupted download (menu choice). With Fetch I was able to get POG B3 in 3 interrupted pieces.

Give it a try...

As to the POG Manual joke, I found the other thread that contained your 'confession' after I posted and edited my post to this thread.

Do get B3... you'll like it.

Skip

------------------
...it wasn't me...

**constant problems with Ambrosia's FTP cutting out on me partway through

hmm. what browser were you using? IE (5) lets you pick up old downloads from where you left off.

------------------
-Jedi

**hmm. what browser were you using? IE (5) lets you pick up old downloads from where you left off.

Really? How?

-Andiyar

------------------
"Any good that I may do here, let me do now, for I may not pass this way again"

go to the downloads manager window, double click on the file that you'd like, and a little "get info" window pops up. in that little window is a button labeled "Reload." So long as you haven't changed the file's adress, it'll reload what you already had from memory and pick up where it left off.

this is a little off topic though -- we should probably find something else to talk about. sorry I brought it up in my last post.

------------------
-Jedi