Yawn

Well, it looks like this board is officially dead. Maybe they should release PoG to liven up the convo and get some fresh posts.

Saphfire

------------------

That's what we've been thinking here at Beenox the board is pretty quiet. So while I am waiting for Dee to send me another executable to test. (he is working on fixing some spell effect)I'll take the time to introduce myself. I am Old_padawan better known here at Beenox as Dan. I am not a very vocal guy and the lack of sleep of last few months are starting to take their toll on my brain, so I can't come up with any interesting discussion to start at the moment. But I'll be glad to answers questions you may have concerning the world of POG. I'll also try to be more present on the board from now on.

Oh got the new exec, got to go back to the testing πŸ™‚ But before I leave I want to thank you guys for being patient. We're working day and night to finish POG and make it the great game you guys deserve.

Old_Padawan.

Thanks for posting...it really means a lot when developers take the time to share their thoughts and views.

Saphfire

------------------

Originally posted by saphfire:
**Maybe they should release PoG to liven up the convo and get some fresh posts.

nah, we've still got one more beta to go, and a lot of changes have been made that the developers need to work out the kinks of. don't worry, we'll try and finish the test as quickly as possible -- there've been enough delays already.

------------------
Do not follow me for I may not lead. Do not lead for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either. Just leave me the hell alone.
-Jedi

Maybe you could describe some stuff from PoG?

Eg: Let us see the manual.

πŸ˜„ πŸ˜„ πŸ˜„ πŸ˜„

------------------
I dont have a signature

Heh. You wish.
What if I said that the PoG manual was a 300-page PDF document?
What would you think then?
/me smiles
-Anatole

------------------
Whee!

Originally posted by Anatole:
**Heh. You wish.
What if I said that the PoG manual was a 300-page PDF document?
What would you think then?
/me smiles
-Anatole

I'd say I got a lot of reading to do....well, no better time to start thatn the present!

(I do, of course, realize that a manual probably doesn't even exist at this point, I'm just being an ass...sorry)

------------------
Β•Life is short and hard like a bodybuilding elf - BHGΒ•

(This message has been edited by Bean * (edited 06-19-2001).)

It might exist....
It might not....
/me smiles
-Anatole

------------------
Whee!

I hate game manuals. I know they're necessary..but I really really hate them. 300 pages would be a cruel torture. One I don't think I could handle. So I think you're lying. Lying through your smug little toothy grin. Liar Liar.

---Zelda

------------------
I am your Fairy Godmoderator.

Hey, if you're in love with someone, then you have the right to completely screw up their life.--cynical me!

OK, you caught me.

It's 298 pages of .PDF excellence!

-Anatole

------------------
Whee!

Don't mislead people like that, Anatole. It's not nice.

As of PoG b2, the game manual is approximately 150 pages, plus or minus 200. πŸ™‚

------------------
The secret of success is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake those, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx
Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through understanding. - Albert Einstein
Hardy har har! Little do they know: They are ALL going to hell!! Hardy har har! - God, attributed

**OK, you caught me.

It's 298 pages of .PDF excellence!

-Anatole

Interesting. I didn't know it was the job of the beta testers to scare off any potential paying customers..but I must say, you're doing a darn good job! I'm sure they're quite happy to have you aboard. I'm sure Ambrosia will make you a permanent beta tester now. πŸ˜‰

---Zelda

------------------

Hey, if you're in love with someone, then you have the right to completely screw up their life.--cynical me!

Originally posted by Glenn:
**Don't mislead people like that, Anatole. It's not nice.

As of PoG b2, the game manual is approximately 150 pages, plus or minus 200. πŸ™‚

150 - 200 = -50. damn. that's got to be the coolest manual I've ever seen. what does it do, suck knowledge out of you?

------------------
Do not follow me for I may not lead. Do not lead for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either. Just leave me the hell alone.
-Jedi

Originally posted by jmitchell:
**150 - 200 = -50. damn. that's got to be the coolest manual I've ever seen. what does it do, suck knowledge out of you?

Maybe it just sucks. πŸ˜‰

------------------
Money is not the root of all evil, Jar Jar Binks is.

Glenn:
Uhm, when did YOU last see Beenox's revision of the manual?
I got a copy yesterday after an hour or so of bugging Dee, and it's up too 298 with the
revised combat system...

-Anatole

------------------
Whee!

**Glenn:
Uhm, when did YOU last see Beenox's revision of the manual?
I got a copy yesterday after an hour or so of bugging Dee, and it's up too 298 with the
revised combat system...

-Anatole

Damn, did they outsource manual writing duties to Microsoft or something? :eek:

------------------
Money is not the root of all evil, Jar Jar Binks is.

(This message has been edited by samuraicat (edited 06-21-2001).)

::taking notes on who NOT to listen to:: Some people are apparently very carried by their perceived importance. πŸ™‚

Anyway..long manuals aren't good. No game should be that complicated. I can't give it that much of a commitment. Geesh, I can't give a PERSON that much of a commitment..How can I give it to a game? Oh..well...maybe.

---Zelda

------------------

/me thinks if some people keep on earnestly claiming nonsense, sooner or later some of our nicer, more trusting members may actually start believing them... πŸ™‚

Ain't no way PoG has a 298 page manual, Zelda. Feel free to disregard anything else Anatole tells you as well.

------------------
The secret of success is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake those, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx
Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through understanding. - Albert Einstein
Hardy har har! Little do they know: They are ALL going to hell!! Hardy har har! - God, attributed

actually, wasn't beenox going to make some sort of baddie catalog at some point? I can't remember wether it was going to be in-game or not, but it was a good idea at the time. if somebody at beenox has a free minute, maybe they could put up some of that just to spice things up?

(" the time " = early March...)

------------------
-Jedi

If they did that, I'd have to provide meaningful information to people and such....
Ahwell,

-Anatole

------------------
Whee!