Best Escape Velocity Plugin

I don't really like the Star Wars plugin for Escape Velocity, since the ship sprites mess up pretty often (the corvette and Rebel Transport in particular), and many of the ships are the same as the original EV vessels.

------------------
~Captain Skyblade

President of the Corsair Development Team
(url="http://"http://artworks.tmgmedia.net")Corsair Homepage(/url) | (url="http://"http://pub57.ezboard.com/bcorsairdevelopers")Corsair Web Board(/url)

i didnt like the starwars plugin at all....i just couldnt get into it, and i kept getting blown up(plus the ships were WAY too big), plus i hated diagonal view. Am i thinking of a different starwars plug?

------------------

Originally posted by sirterrapin:
**i didnt like the starwars plugin at all....i just couldnt get into it, and i kept getting blown up(plus the ships were WAY too big), plus i hated diagonal view. Am i thinking of a different starwars plug?

The Override version of Star Wars would be what you're looking for, if only the crazy weapon's bug was fixed...When you first start playing the game, all the weapons work fine. By the time you've been playing the plug for a few weeks, none of the weapons work. :frown:

------------------
~Captain Skyblade

President of the Corsair Development Team
(url="http://"http://artworks.tmgmedia.net")Corsair Homepage(/url) | (url="http://"http://pub57.ezboard.com/bcorsairdevelopers")Corsair Web Board(/url)

Well, new horizons is good, but I can't say anything about that because I'm playing it right now so...

Ill vote for E3 (in the Empire series)

------------------
End Of Transmission

PALE.
I agree with David Arthur and Loki.
It has an excellent story, very good graphics and develops quickly.
Pale has some excellent ships, with more becoming available as you progress through the game. This is IMHO an essential part of a good plug.
My other choices are:-
ĘĘĘEVGE - huge galaxy; good story; very good graphics; the 'Bird of Prey' is one of my ĘĘĘĘĘĘĘĘĘĘĘĘĘĘĘĘĘfavourite ships and it has the deadliest Aliens.
ĘĘĘClavius and Beyond - good story and graphics.
ĘĘĘNew Horizons - excellent graphics; some of the best ships & weapons around
ĘĘĘGS - good story and graphics.

------------------

Mugabi & Destiny was the first plugin I played, and everything I played afterwards was disappointing, for a couple reasons:
M&D; has the BEST graphics for planets, stations, and s. They are double the size and beauty of ANY other plugin including EVGE. When I first arrived at the Orcs system and I saw that massive station enveloped in a gorgeous nebula, it filled my whole screen and gave me goosebumps. And the Twin Fighter is the simplist yet most beautiful fighter to fly and look at.
M&D; has the best plot and writing. Great twists (like a mutiny!!! I was furious when my own crew disabled my hyperdrive and forced me to let them leave with my ship! But it was great....)
M&D; has perfect attention to detail. The music, the mood, the romance!
I'm still waiting for something even close.

Originally posted by Mobi:
M &D; has perfect attention to detail. The music, the mood, the romance!
I'm still waiting for something even close.**

Geez Mobi, it sounds like you like M and D... 🙂
It is my favorite too. It had the biggest impact of the plugs I've played. Getting burned by radiation from that big sun was very cool.
Have you played Pale and Clavius? They take longer to play but the stories and missions are good.

M&D; is gorgeous and fun, but it went by too quickly for me. The radiation from Mugabi Ra was cool for about 2 seconds. (funny, my clipper got out with only a mild scorch while I looking around, but my twin fighter was fried at least 6 times on the super nova mission).

Pale has staying power, and the ships in pale require real skill to fly.

------------------

Originally posted by magicianeer:
**M &D; is gorgeous and fun, but it went by too quickly for me. The radiation from Mugabi Ra was cool for about 2 seconds. (funny, my clipper got out with only a mild scorch while I looking around, but my twin fighter was fried at least 6 times on the super nova mission).

I think we might be missing a vital point here. Radiation from a giant star??? I've been looking into the EV bible and other plugin editors, and there really is no provided way to create "radiation" from a "spob". I think the author was brilliant to find a way to create radiation in a system.
Secondly it is obvious to me that M&D; was made to be an alternative to the usual plugs. It delivers exactly what it advertises. It has as much writing as any plug, yet it wastes no time in rifling you through the story, with twists and creative situations (like the mutiny, the radiation sun, and wormholes, and anomolies).
M&D; takes EV close to a movie atmosphere.

I think I'll download M&D; right now, from what people are saying about it. Sounds great. 🙂

------------------
"States should have the right to enact reasonable laws and restrictions particularly to end the inhumane practice of ending a life that otherwise could live."
"I think 'Thou Shalt Not Kill' is pretty universal."
Is Dubya thinking of eliminating the death penalty, or just being hypocritical about abortion?

SWEV2-I converted it and I like Star Wars.

P.S.-You may say, "But Admiral Benden, there is no such thing as SWEV2!" Thats because I am to lazy to post it.

------------------
"The heathens are upon us. Arm yourselves and go with God." Paul Benden, Commander of the Purple Sector Fleet, prior to the Battle of Centauri.

Mugabi just got my vote, and I played all of the top 10 plugs except Dark Beyond, I am gonna play it now. Please PLEASE make a sequel for Mugabi? it was over in one night but SOOO good!

Originally posted by DazeoftheNewbie:
Mugabi just got my vote, and I played all of the top 10 plugs except Dark Beyond, I am gonna play it now. Please PLEASE make a sequel for Mugabi? it was over in one night but SOOO good!

Cool name, Dude!! Really funny I hope others get it.

I can't figure out why that Star Wars plug is so popular. The graphics are good, but the rest is just horrifying to a SW freak such as myself. I will be starting my own soon, because there should be a decent SW plug available. The one out there right now just absolutely sucks. Almost no changes to the missions, utterly uninspired galaxy, some ships are the same, outfit graphics weren't replaced, and most ship stats are just wrong, even by the standards of X-Wing it was built to, and X-Wing isn't that great f a standard anyway. Hopefully I can get mine done by the time Nova comes out, if not, it'll be a while off. 🙂 And I'll port it to Nova eventually, because it's going to have a much better engine.

------------------
So go on the internet game sites and bash all the PC users!

Pale

EVGE

Clavius & Beyond

Star Trek: Escape Velocity (even though it was buggy and incomplete, it's still better than any other star trek plug).

------------------
Conservatives just have different priorities about the environment. They'd rather be able to afford the rebreather masks and oxygen tanks than not need them at all.
"The greatest danger to the Republic is ignorance. Intelligence
is the foundation of free government." -- Robert Green Ingersoll

Even though my ideas lies within Empire Trilogy, EVGE, and Eye of Orion, among many other plugs, my heart lies in Pale.

It has some of the best graphics I've seen, a compliement to all those who helped in it. Ben Singley did one of the most exelent jobs in doing the storyline with such creativity, one of the main reasons I never tired of playing it, escpeically when womping on pirate wights with my guard-kestrel. It has some balanced ships and it even gives the Confeds a more pleasant look when compared to the corrupt senate and admirals in many other plugs while giving the rebellion a darker side as well. In this I say Pale would ultiamtly be my choice.

Capt. Whitehawk

------------------

the star wars ANA is a little better, but it lacks in shipyard graphics, and some of the ships are too small.

as for the vote, i like Clavius and Beyond. but thats probably since i've only played that one.

------------------
President of Antihero Destruction Co. and Puke & Vomit Resources
HOLY %$#$, I'VE BEEN CENSORED!!

Pale is ceratainly the best that I have played. Followed by EVGE (the one I've spent the most time playing) I will have to try M&D; and GS sometime, right now I am trying out NH. Look at all them abbreviations!

------------------
War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.
Big Brother is watching you.

Clavius and Beyond

Empire Trilogy

I am going to download M&D; now

------------------
Let's see...they're diamonds on wheels. Cool.

Originally posted by Captain Skyblade:
**Out of curiosity, what are the Escape Velocity gamer's favorite plugin? I've used many of them, and I'm going to have to say the "Galactic Scourge" is the best, although Pale is a close call. What is your favorite EV plugin?

GALACTIC SCOURGE ALL DA WAY!
Then Clavius
Then that star wars a new alliance thing
then whatever