Good Ol EVGE

Yeah i'm a fairly experienced ev gamer, and i realize perserverance is a large factor in successfully completing missions, defence fleets, etc, but I'm playing EVGE right now (one of the only big plugs i haven't played much, good stuff though) and i've done enough polaris missions to acquire their ships (i've got the second update by the way), and i got two questions.
First, are there any missions related to the polaris prototype "PSS Wraith?" Looks like a neat ship to fly in. I could use some details about where to get the mission if you can get it.
Second, i've been having a little fun with the amazing aliens in this plug, with a little work and a lot of nukes i got the "alien attack fighter" (alien fighter jacked with hellfire torpedos and very excellent swivel guns....heheh, boy are those things annoying if your not flying one. Anyway, i was getting lazy about accquiring the marauder (personnally i think it is way better than the command ship....'specially with those disintegraders!) so i decided to experiment a little. Helpful hint (its pretty much a cheat little glitch): know the salvagor plug? Well get that ship in regular ev and put back evge, you got yourself a marauder, trouble is, the darn ship doesn't have the weapons, only the insanely good shields. So i decided to experiment a bit, and eventually i found a plug that had weapons that corresponded to evge (haha you think i'd tell you what plug or what weapons....ok i will...for me, Empire 2 worked well...buy a salvager and get the laser minigun (alien battle cruiser bay), the rear proton gun i think it is (disintegraders...best weapon in the plug...you can only get four of them but that is enough to wreck havoc on even the best ships in the game...example...two disintegraders destroys one alien command ship!), and the guided rocket launchers gets you the pulse phasors. SO ANYWAY, i'm flying around dominating confeds in my beautiful marauder, and i decide to try my luck in the alien systems (in case you haven't played that plug once you go there the only way to get out is to get a mission...well at least thats what the designer says). SO my problem isn't staying alive, its getting the mission. In the documentation it is implied that you get your ticket out (and with the second update i guess more missions for the aliens) by hailing "alien motherships." Does that mean hailing alien commandships, cuz i sure haven't seen any "motherships." I've been trying my luck on the (alien base) bar, and hailing alien command ships, both of which have been fruitless so far. I just need to be reasured here, can you actually get the missions by hailing the commandships, or am i doing something wrong?
Thanks guys.

------------------

(QUOTE)Originally posted by Locke:
(B)Yeah i'm a fairly experienced ev gamer, and i realize perserverance is a large factor in successfully completing missions, defence fleets, etc, but I'm playing EVGE right now (one of the only big plugs i haven't played much, good stuff though) and i've done enough polaris missions to acquire their ships (i've got the second update by the way), and i got two questions.
First, are there any missions related to the polaris prototype "PSS Wraith?" Looks like a neat ship to fly in. I could use some details about where to get the mission if you can get it.
Second, i've been having a little fun with the amazing aliens in this plug, with a little work and a lot of nukes i got the "alien attack fighter" (alien fighter jacked with hellfire torpedos and very excellent swivel guns....heheh, boy are those things annoying if your not flying one. Anyway, i was getting lazy about accquiring the marauder (personnally i think it is way better than the command ship....'specially with those disintegraders!) so i decided to experiment a little. Helpful hint (its pretty much a cheat little glitch): know the salvagor plug? Well get that ship in regular ev and put back evge, you got yourself a marauder, trouble is, the darn ship doesn't have the weapons, only the insanely good shields. So i decided to experiment a bit, and eventually i found a plug that had weapons that corresponded to evge (haha you think i'd tell you what plug or what weapons....ok i will...for me, Empire 2 worked well...buy a salvager and get the laser minigun (alien battle cruiser bay), the rear proton gun i think it is (disintegraders...best weapon in the plug...you can only get four of them but that is enough to wreck havoc on even the best ships in the game...exampu9Đ~.two disintegraders destroys one alien command ship!), and the guided rocket launchers gets you the pulse phasors. SO ANYWAY, i'm flying around dominating confeds in my beautiful marauder, and i decide to try my luck in the alien systems (in case you haven't played that plug once you go there the only way to get out is to get a mission...well at least thats what the designer says). SO my problem isn't staying alive, its getting the mission. In the documentation it is implied that you get your ticket out (and with the second update i guess more missions for the aliens) by hailing "alien motherships." Does that mean hailing alien commandships, cuz i sure haven't seen any "motherships." I've been trying my luck on the (alien base) bar, and hailing alien command ships, both of which have been fruitless so far. I just need to be reasured here, can you actually get the missions by hailing the commandships, or am i doing something wrong?
Thanks guys.

No, you have to hail a "mothership". Land at the Alien base, leave, and cycle through all the ships in the system, if no mothership appears, land and repeat the process. Eventually the mothership will appear.
With patience, you can capture an Alien Marauder. Get the cloaking device (Rebel mission) and the Black Lightning weapon (available after you destroy the "Alien Portal" and then go hunting for Aliens (Achenar is a good place to start). With one exception, I have always had to capture an Alien Commandship first, and use it to capture a Marauder.
I don't think that there is any way to get a Wraith. I have tried to capture it, but it doesn't seem to have any armor, and blows up as soon as its shields are down to zero. Incidently, the ship that's the most fun to fly in EVGE , IMO, is the Proximan Bird of Prey.

Moriarty

------------------
Lightspeed: 11.78 inches/nnanosecond

haha thanks, boy that is good. I was beginning to get a little flustered....

------------------

about how long did it take you guys for the alien mothership to appear...because i've been at this a while to no avail.

------------------

Originally posted by Locke:
about how long did it take you guys for the alien mothership to appear...because i've been at this a while to no avail.

Because of the way Escape Velocity handles përs resources, it can take a long time. In fact, if you didn't start a new pilot file when you installed EVGE, it won't appear at all!

------------------
David Arthur
Talon Plugin for Classic EV: (url="http://"http://members.aol.com/darthur1/talon-ev/")http://members.aol.c...thur1/talon-ev/(/url)

Are we talking a matter of hours or days of landing and taking off?

------------------

Are we talking a matter of hours or days of landing and taking off?

It's impossible to give a temporal estimate. It's completely random whether EV chooses to display any përs ships each time you take off, and if it decides to, it's completely random which përs ship it displays.

I believe there are missions related to the Wraith, but I have no idea how you get them.

------------------
David Arthur
Talon Plugin for Classic EV: (url="http://"http://members.aol.com/darthur1/talon-ev/")http://members.aol.c...thur1/talon-ev/(/url)

There's a mission where you have to destroy the Wraith, which you get from the Orions. That's all I know of that relates to it, there's no missions to buy one to my knowledge.

------------------

I don't mean to keep going on this but its getting rather frustrating...is there any way i can check to make sure everything is as it should be?

------------------

I don't mean to keep going on this but its getting rather frustrating...is there any way i can check to make sure everything is as it should be?

Just try to remember whether you created a new pilot file after installing EVGE. If you did, the only thing you can do is wait. If you didn't, but instead used a pilot file that already existed, the only thing you can do is start a new pilot.

------------------
David Arthur

The PSS Wraith is a Proxima ship not a Polaris ship. If I remember right it was purposely made so that only by some miracle it could be captured. I do know that there are some Proxima missions which can be completed but I can't recall what to do to get them and whether or not they allow access to the Wraith (I believe you can acquire it this way though). Hang around the main Proxima mission and see what you can come up with.

Supposedly, if EVGEf ever sees the light of day (which I'm still hoping for), the Wraith will be easier to acquire.

My favorite ship from EVGE was the Polaris Puma. It is not too expensive (like the large capital ships) but once I got that ship I stuck with it for the rest of the plug.