help me!!!!

i got evedit a little while ago, and now this happens: the map displays disabled ships when there aren't any, the cannons have long space between each blast, and the manta bay won't work. if you have any advice please assist, which would be much appreciated. thanks! 🙂

------------------
Ultimate Rebel-Rebel General who led the Confederates' Demise

who would want to help you?? cryptic grin

sorry

newbies forever!!!!!!!!!!!!bwahahhaaa

Originally posted by Ultimate Rebel:
**i got evedit a little while ago, and now this happens: the map displays disabled ships when there aren't any, the cannons have long space between each blast, and the manta bay won't work. if you have any advice please assist, which would be much appreciated. thanks!:)

EV Edit is terribly buggy. Get Res-Edit, the templates, and the EV bible.

------------------
"Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake. " -Grand Master Savielly Grigorievitch Tartakower

**i got evedit a little while ago, and now this happens: the map displays disabled ships when there aren't any, the cannons have long space between each blast, and the manta bay won't work. if you have any advice please assist, which would be much appreciated. thanks!:)

Yeah, I wouldn't use EVEdit. I don't know how you would correct the problem though outside of downloading another copy of EV(which is what I would do). If you want to keep messing around with EV do what Starkiller said.

------------------
Knowledge is power, but ignorance is bliss.

True! I have EV edit and constantly there is some thing wrong!

------------------
if it dosent doesn't
squiel its not worth
killing

Originally posted by rebel council:
**True! I have EV edit and constantly there is some thing wrong!

damn! :mad: that means my reign is over if i download a new copy :frown: <sigh> the reign of ultimate rebel is over. at least it works for evo.

------------------

If you got ev edit from the addons page, you have an old version
Try the EVEdit from the author's home page. (url="http://"http://users.aol.com/burgr/evedit.html")http://users.aol.com/burgr/evedit.html(/url).

And reinstall EV, as EV edit may modify the EV Data file without telling you.

------------------

I've used EV-edit for a long time, and I can honestly say that I have never come across a bug like that. I always knew that the plug-ins it made ate up memory, even if you only added one ship, and that there was a good chance that your machine would freeze up if you entered the stellar editing mode, but it was easy to use, and allowed me to port all of the noteworthy ships from the original EV to the otherwise bland EVO. It's a great tool if you're too scared to use resedit, which is, lets be truthful now, a bit daunting at first. So lay off it... it may have some bugs, but it's really quite versatile.

------------------
I choose to believe that the glass is half empty.

Originally posted by cable_guy:
**I've used EV-edit for a long time, and I can honestly say that I have never come across a bug like that. I always knew that the plug-ins it made ate up memory, even if you only added one ship, and that there was a good chance that your machine would freeze up if you entered the stellar editing mode, but it was easy to use, and allowed me to port all of the noteworthy ships from the original EV to the otherwise bland EVO. It's a great tool if you're too scared to use resedit, which is, lets be truthful now, a bit daunting at first. So lay off it... it may have some bugs, but it's really quite versatile.

i just said i got a bug and needed help. and how did you port ships from ev to evo?

------------------