Rebel Missions

I do not particularly like missions. However, I want to get a cruiser and realize my % of capture is far to low.
I have been running weapon delivers for the rebels for quite sometime. How long until I get some decent missions? I want a Cruiser badly.

My second question is:
Why do they send me on impossible missions?
I am supposed to deliever something at a certain time, without stopping, I use my ramscoop or steal fuel, I rush there taking the shortest path. I still fail to make it there on time. Why do they taught me?

------------------
Crime? What crime?... That I killed a vile noxious insect, an old pawnbroker woman, of use to no one! ... Killing her was atonement for forty sins. ... (blood) Which all men shed, which flows and has always flowed in streams, which is split like champagne, and for which men are crowned benefactors of mankind.”

1. Look around important planets when you have a high combat rating and high
    legal status there.
  2. Your ship must have a jump time of 3 days, so you are most likely in a Kestrel.
    Some missions can only be done in fast, small, ships. However, these missions are
    mostly not needed to complete the Rebel missions.

------------------
Great webboard: (url="http://"http://pub18.ezboard.com/baradapilotsboard")http://pub18.ezboard...radapilotsboard(/url)

I have a Rebel Destroyer, does that help. Also, what is a good status for a Planet, I am a Role Model on most Rebel planets.

You dont like missions!? The best part of the game i say. Role Model is more than enough for the alien missions. Check the bar on rebel planets where you are a role model. btw, how did you get the rebel destroyer?

------------------

I convinced the old pilot to give it to me. People do a lot of nice things when their starring down the wrong end of a proton canon. 🙂

You've got a bit of a situation; I doubt the rebels will take kindly to you stealing one of their destroyers, and the feds will just hate you because you have a rebel ship.
Here's my advice; start again, and do the missions properly. The government missions are by far the best parts of the game, so go out and do them. Then you can get a cruiser.

------------------
I choose to believe that the glass is half empty.

That's the funny part. Even though you stole the ship they like you. I am very popular on Rebel planets. I can't figure out why the Rebel's won't give me any good missions. I control most of the map, but I have never taken a Rebel planet. I made a mistake when I bought a Fake ID. It clears all your records, even your good ones.
Questions:
Will any good come of the Turin V missions? I have been getting them equipment for sometime, yet it has amounted to nothing special.

What is the next big mission after ferry weapons? What should I be looking for?

Also, I have Ultimate attack rating, Most Wanted in Confed systems, and Role Model in Rebel Systems.

Hail Emperor Ent

As I remember:

• Minor Rebel missions, ferrying of some sort.
• Delivering Special Documents
• Destroying Particular Confederation Ships
• Go to Mars Mission (Cloaking addition)
• Misscelaneous ones
• Destroy Alien Ship (allows Cruiser purchase)

Thats about it, Emperor.

Suggestions to furthur improve Legal Status in Rebbelion Space.

• Destroy Named Confed Ships
• Destroy Mass Cargo Confed Ships
• Executive Confed Ships, this pisses them off.
• Dont do Pirate missions

Pretty much common sense, I know.

------------------

As soon as I "captured" a rebel destroyer, the confeds started tracking me down, and the rebels started giving me missions again. Perhaps there is a connection of "stolen" ships and gov't status.

------------------

What the people say is law. There is no honor in the Lands of Mizra.
-Mizra

To save you time, you don't need to do...
-gun running
-turin V missions
and to get the alien string, you needn't even have done the Astrodyne missions. But every little helps...

------------------
I choose to believe that the glass is half empty.

What about missions sto get things like the shell gun, particle beam, tractor beam, and other stuff I have heard mentioned on this board? Also, what is mission bit?
Does anyone know the end result of Turin V missions? Anything worthwhile?

Originally posted by Mizra:
As soon as I "captured" a rebel destroyer, the confeds started tracking me down, and the rebels started giving me missions again. Perhaps there is a connection of "stolen" ships and gov't status.

Your Rebel status probably increased as a result of fighting off the Confed ships that attacked you. As for the Confeds, they attacked you because they thought that your ship belonged to the Rebellion. After all, long very long ago it did.

Originally posted by Emperor Ent:
What about missions sto get things like the shell gun, particle beam, tractor beam, and other stuff I have heard mentioned on this board?

If by shell gun you mean the mass driver, it's available at Palshife along with the Rebel ships after you complete the Rebel alien mission. The Rebels also give you the tractor beam after completing the Astrodyne Outpost missions, and the cloaking device when you beging the inflitration of the Sol system. The particle beam cannon is obtained from the Confederation after completing the Rebel Pursuit missions.

Originally posted by Emperor Ent:
Does anyone know the end result of Turin V missions? Anything worthwhile?

I don't think so.

------------------
David Arthur
Talon Plugin for Classic EV: (url="http://"http://members.aol.com/darthur1/talon-ev/")http://members.aol.c...thur1/talon-ev/(/url)

Thank you very much. Hopefully, I will get an important mission soon.

Or you could just use resedit and set the mission bit stat of the ship to -1! ;))

------------------
They'll try to kill 'em all with the FORKLIFT!

just keep on looking in space bars for the missions. the one for the cloaking device is on palshife. the alien mission is somewhere other than palshife. the tractor beam mission is on palshife. just keep accepting all rebel missions.

------------------