Advanced:How do pixmaps work?

Pixmaps are a much more efficient means of creating a level, rather than drawing everything by hand. The main benefit is that you can plan your level ahead of time before creating it within MASCOT.

To create a pixmap, open up your favorite graphics editor and create a B&W; PICT with dimensions equal to the dimensions for the new level ( don't create the level within MASCOT until you have finished your pixmap). For every place you want a ground or surface tile to be placed, make its respective pixel black; for open air, white. Once you are finished, create the new level within MASCOT and select "Paste PICT as Smoothed FG Tilemap".

(This message has been edited by spamguy (edited 12-26-2000).)

Originally posted by spamguy:
"Paste PICT as Smooted FG Tilemap".

That's "Smoothed".

------------------
"Give me a large enough hard drive, a fast enough modem, and I can download the web!"

What, you've never heard of it? It's a new verb tense of "to smite". 🙂

------------------
MAGNETIC POEM #455
twice in a dream i visioned
nerds content with empowering
man and space

Originally posted by spamguy:
**What, you've never heard of it? It's a new verb tense of "to smite".:)

"Weilding his snickersnee, he smoot Bill Gates a deadly decapitating blow! The spectre of Gates rose from the dead body. "AARGH! You killed me, you ********!", the spectre expecterated. The hero then defenestrated Bill's body."

I love big words! 🙂

------------------
Measuring energy in kilowatt-hours is as stupid as measuring distance in knot-seconds.

(This message has been edited by aschaaf_86 (edited 04-02-2001).)