ResEdit + EV

We all know ResEdit lets us change interfaces and cursors and what not, but how about EV? I personally make it harder by hacking the 'Data' file and change the ships and people, but for all you sad sacks, you can make it easier. Whadaya think? Dont like me? Well.. i like EV and am giving it up after Mardi Gras. BLAH BLAH BLAH!

------------------
-A CrAzY ass

You lost me there, but i will give you my opinion. To make life the easiest. Edit graphics and pictures with ResEdit, and edit ship, weapon, and mission data with EV-Edit

Originally posted by BROflyING HOBO:
**Well.. i like EV and am giving it up after Mardi Gras. BLAH BLAH BLAH!

Well don't give it up for too long, because i know that you will be back for EV-Nova, am i right? eh? say no more, say no more.

------------------
Ace Battlepilot
<mercenary for hire>
"My contract is simple. Give me a Miranu Gunship, give me upgrade funds, and turn this mad dog loose, cus once I'm let out, there's no hope for you..."

Originally posted by Ace Battlepilot:
You lost me there, but i will give you my opinion. To make life the easiest. Edit graphics and pictures with ResEdit, and edit ship, weapon, and mission data with EV-Edit...

To each his own, but I have never had much success trying to edit graphics with ResEdit, I think Photoshop or a similar application is much easier. 🙂

I assume you meant placing graphics in a plug and changing ID#s, that sort of thing, in which case ResEdit (or Resourcer) is the tool of choice.

I really would not recommend EV-Edit for anything, given its habit of corrupting resources; however, if one is willing to make very frequent backups it is possible to use it successfully - but the plug will almost certainly need to be cleaned up with ResEdit anyway.

For editing systems and spobs, EVO Developers Map is the current champion.

------------------
Joe Burnette
"I find that humans can be divided into only two meaningful categories: Decent Humans and Sonsofbitches; both types appear to be evenly distributed
among all shapes, colors, sizes, and nationalities." -- Keith Laumer