Captain Hector

The only experience with CH I had was him to buzz my craft and send his repeditive message, then fly away. What else does he do? I registered my copy of EV almost right away, so I never got what you could call the "Hector experience". I've heard stories that he blows you up if you haven't registered, is this true? Also, a quick question: where are the Aliens?, I have never found them even though I am sort of far in EV (I have a Kestrel w/tons of upgrades) plus, can you eventually buy Confed. and Rebel ships? I was really far as a Confed. but I think there was a bug, I was told to meet someone in the Bar, and nothing happened after that, now I just get those pointless missions like "destroy the convoy" and "kill this defector".

------------------

(This message has been edited by The_virus (edited 03-03-2001).)

In EV thats all Hector will do to you. In EVO, though Hector will rob you and yes,he will fire at you if you don't register after a long period of time.
Yes, if you get far in enough in EV you will be able to buy Confed ships and Rebal Ships.I don't know where the Aliens are any more.

------------------
This just isn't my strong point.

Originally posted by The_virus:
I registered my copy of EV almost right away

When you "complete" the registration process, Hector disappears. And the message telling you how many hours you have used EV and how long you have had EV also disappears. You have something else to do....

**I've heard stories that he blows you up if you haven't registered, is this true?

Yes. He does attack you. When I exceeded 150 hours -- still unregistered -- he started opening fire. He also became much more persistent. (In my case I paid, Ambrosia SW cashed my check, but the confirming e-mail went into cyberspace. When Hector started shooting, I got really bugged and called Ambrosia SW. A very pleasant young lady immediately resent the confirmation and I registered.

Also, a quick question: where are the Aliens? ... I was really far as a Confed. but I think there was a bug, ... now I just get those pointless missions like "destroy the convoy" and "kill this defector".

I've never done a Confed string, but I understand if you keep visiting the bars and doing the dangerous missions you also get the Alien mission through them. Keep going. That one is a blast! (He-he-he...)

------------------
Let's see what this button does....

For those Confed Alien missions, you'll just need to be patient. If you have a good combat rating and are in good legal standing with the 'Feds, they'll eventually offer you the Alien string in a bar in Confed space. The Alien mission is the hardest in the standard EV, but it sounds as if you've got enough experience and a good enough ship to be able to do it without too much bother. Once you've done that mission, the Feds will let you buy any of their ships...for a price.

It's also possible to do alien missions for the Rebels, in which case you'll have access to their ships instead. Obviously the pilot will need to do other Rebel mission strings first.

Happy hunting.

------------------
If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.

So I just keep doing those repeditive, go-nowhere missions? Aw, man! I must have played each about 6 times, I once got a different one, but on the brighter side, I have a "Deadly" combat rating because the missions made me destroy so many ships. I can now demand tribute from different systems, I don't though because then there's a stupid bounty hunter in another Kestrel trying to kill me!

------------------

(This message has been edited by The_virus (edited 03-03-2001).)

the alien mission awaits on almost every planet of the government of your choice,if your ranking is high enough and you´re not a galactic scourge.
I´ve mostly done it on rebel´s side,´course I need rather fast shpis.Also
you get acces to some nice outfits when done.

to explain my english knowledge,some words from the captain of the SS Burgstahler:

------------------
..it´s ...not..in....the..book..

So I just keep doing those repeditive, go-nowhere missions? Aw, man! I must have played each about 6 times,

"Patience, Grasshopper...."

I once got a different one, but on the brighter side, I have a "Deadly" combat rating because the missions made me destroy so many ships. I can now demand tribute from different systems, I don't though because then there's a stupid bounty hunter in another Kestrel trying to kill me!

Launch your fighters. Tell them to "hold position". Disable the bounty hunter's Lightnings. Destroy the Kestrel. (He only has 500 credits to plunder.) Capture his Lightnings. Ta-da! You've just added to your fleet.

Go get 'em!

------------------
Let's see what this button does....

**So I just keep doing those repeditive, go-nowhere missions?

My friend, you must continue to haunt Confederation worlds. (Yes, I suspect you do that.) Your combat rating must be at least 'Deadly.' (Yes, I know it is.). And your legal status in the Confed systems you visit must make you at least a 'Pillar of Society.'

So how is that legal status, anyway ? You may need to frag a few Rebels in or near Confed systems

------------------
PlanetPhil
not drowning, waving