Special Tiles:Why won't my BG tiles work properly?

The most important BG tiles include all liquids (water, acid, ziridium brine, etc.) and some platforms. BG tiles, by default, remain undefined until someone defines them by going to the "Tiles" menu and selecting "Define BG Tiles..."; copying and pasting level infos from other people's levels also copies and pastes BG tile definitions as well. You will have to define the BG tiles yourself. Select "Define BG Tiles..." and assign the following tiles their respective values:
**water (both tiles): 200
acid (both tiles): 201
lava (both tiles): 202
ziridium brine (both tiles): 203
2x2 stone platforms (both kinds, but only top 2 tiles need be defined): 103
hole in the wall (both kinds): 103
single-tile stone platforms (both kinds): 160

Hi this time I actually have a question, in some of the Ice tilesets, there's no blank tiles anywhere. Is there anyway to clear a single tile without clearing the entire level on a tileset with no empty spots? Or does your level just have to be devine?

PS: This applies both to FG and BG tiles

------------------
Dr. Tall says: Taller is Better

(This message has been edited by Dr Tall (edited 01-02-2001).)

Originally posted by Dr Tall:
**Hi this time I actually have a question, in some of the Ice tilesets, there's no blank tiles anywhere. Is there anyway to clear a single tile without clearing the entire level on a tileset with no empty spots? Or does your level just have to be devine?

PS: This applies both to FG and BG tiles

You're not supposed to use blank tiles to erase things. It has been proven to cause Ferazel to slam into solid walls of nothing...it's also been scientifically shown that it causes nausea, projectile vomiting and brain cancer if combined with NutraSweet. To properly erase tiles, hold down the delete key while moving the cursor over tiles you wish to remove.

------------------
MAGNETIC POEM #455
twice in a dream i visioned
nerds content with empowering
man and space

Gee gosh Sam, how do u delete things? Naw, it ain't delete!
(Translation: Thanks but I feel stupid now)

------------------
Dr. Tall says: Taller is Better