WHATS THE BETTER ship

I know it's destroyed but I didnt read it over :redface: and my code hasn't arrived yet so I cant edit.

The Reb. Cruiser all the way. Here's why:

• Speed. What you can't outgun (almost nothing) you can escape from easily. Torps are no problem

• Firepower. You have room for all the guns, missiles, and upgrades you can stand. Nothing can survive a tricked-out Reb. Cruiser at close range.

• Fast-launching fighters. You can get unload of all your fighters before your opponent can get half of theirs in the fray. A swarm of Mantas will obliterate most ships and, with some support from the Cruiser, are unstoppable.

------------------
May the world never rest in peace.

heh, i just think it's great that people are discovering the classic original for the first time, but so easily the reb cruiser is the best and the rapier is the coolest, count the rapier if ure still bothering with taking votes (mad person who bothered to ask the question)

------------------
40 000 people die every day. Why aren't you one of them?

Reb Cruiser OR destroyer can kick ass. You know how, for the info for the Reb destroyer, it says "it's not up to the performance of the kestrel or confed frigate"? SCREW THAT!!! The Kestrel is NOT THAT GREAT!!!! and every time I see a destroyer and a frigate alone, fighting only each other, the destroyer ALWAYS ALWAYS wins. its all in maneuverability!! the destroyer is waayyy underpriced if you ask me, and the frigate + kestrel are overpriced (especially the kestrel; the only thing great about it is the Lightning bay and the 3 turret capacity.) And the 'Fed cruiser is kinda crappy; really no recharge, (reb cruiser has great charge rate), so huge and slow it's incredibly vulnerable. I took out a fed cruiser with my rapier once, and i can do it fairly easily in a corvette. The secret? TORPEDOS!!!! rockets are ok and cheap, but when it come to pure usefulness and space efficiency, its torpedos, all the way. 🙂

------------------

Why doesn't any one read my posts can anyone respond to it even though there not Matt Burch or Andrew.

I agree rebels rock

------------------
Visit my site (url="http://"http://www.angelfire.com/indie/thecatacomb/index.html")http://www.angelfire...comb/index.html(/url)
Email me at:grahamgoff@hotmail.com

Calling all members and guests. Look at my posts on the second (2) page and remember vote for the Rebels. If I already posted this forget the first one. Well you can still read it but this one says all read in other words everyone please read.

OH FOR CHRISSAKE SHUT UP FOR A WHILE YOU'RE POSTING EVERY GODDAMN HOUR. IF YOU WANT ANDREW OR MATT TO SEE YOUR POSTS, PUT SOMETHING UP ON "AMBROSIA BANTER" AND TELL THEM TO COME HERE!!!!!

------------------
What's your point?

Originally posted by mad cow disease:
**Rebel Cruiser. Once bulked up, it can take out just about any ship out there...including the Confed Cruiser.

You can say that again!

P.S. REBELS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------

Matt Burch could you please respond to Rebel Masters posts to you and Andrew. I need a member to post this message in the Ambrosia Banter for me.

I, personally, prefer the Hawk. With the maneuvering upgrades, most turrets miss it in a strafing run. You can avoid missiles with ease with the jammer, and you can have some decent weapons. If worse comes to worse, you can easily pull a monty python.

BTW, Rebel Master, shut up. If you want to start a new topic, then register your user handle. It's really not that difficult.

Cool, three pages.

------------------
Would a masochist prefer to live with the toothache or have his teeth drilled?

(This message has been edited by rebelswin_85 (edited 11-18-2000).)

Originally posted by Rebel Master (mb read):
Matt Burch could you please respond to Rebel Masters posts to you and Andrew. I need a member to post this message in the Ambrosia Banter for me.

Um, Rebel Master, why don't you just register? It's quick + easy + free. (You don't need to register EV to do that.) You should, then you can edit, and start new topics, etc.

To rebelswin_85: tolkien kicks ass. have you read silmarillion? it's actually not that great. lord of the rings is best. 😄

------------------
What's your point?

To Rebel Master: It seems your annoyance has been eradicated.

If you'd like to look, it seems Andrew, the magical god of Ambrosia has replied to you in the rebels vs. confed string.

Run boy run!

CS

Originally posted by Joolzman5:
To rebelswin_85: tolkien kicks ass. have you read silmarillion? it's actually not that great. lord of the rings is best.:D

I picked up silmarillion, put it down, picked it up again. I own it, but still haven't finished it. Lord of the Rings rocks. I still have only read them once, but maybe when I have more time I'll read them again.

------------------
Would a masochist prefer to live with the toothache or have his teeth drilled?

A maxed out rebel cruiser is the pimpest ride I've ever been in. All you got to do is modify the game a bit so you can sell you're manta bay, sell the mantas, missiles, and torps, then go to Blackthorne and buy speed upgrades, RCS, Accel, Armaplast, Tritanium, the other type of armor, shield capacitors, shield boosters, missile jammers, more proton turrets, and if you still have some money left after all that, use it on mass drivers.

For I am Gul'dan
I am darkness incarnate
I will not be denied.