Need help w/ Alien Search (Confed Mission)

I recieved a mission from the Confederation to find an Alien Warship near the Trugati Asteroid Belt. I have jumped to all the outer rim systems (I'm beginning to fear the letters "NGC"), and still have found nothing out of the ordinary. Please Help!!!
P.S. Is there a fighter bay for Lightnings (as opposed to Hawks), and if so, where?

------------------

The fighter bays for Lightnings are only available built-in on the Kestrel. You can't get another bay for a ship unless you cheat.
As for the ConFed alien mission, I can't remember what system, but I'm pretty sure it isn't an NGC system. I think it is one of the systems that branch off towards Ruby; its got a system to its upper left that only has one jump route. Kinda vague, but I hope I helped.

------------------
EVula
(url="http://"mailto:evula@home.com")mailto:evula@home.com(/url)evula@home.com

That really didn't help much...
I looked through all the systems anywhere NEAR ruby, only to find pirates chasing me down.
I'm using the TAB key (default) to scroll through the different ships on my radar. Does this alien ship show up there, or do I have to search for it more closely?
Another thing that could possibly help is telling me whether the system that the ship is in is one of the following:
1. Uninhabited or inhabited
2. Always the same, or does the ship jump systems?
3. existant...
Please Help!

------------------

ConfusedGuy wrote:
**That really didn't help much...
I looked through all the systems anywhere NEAR ruby, only to find pirates chasing me down.
I'm using the TAB key (default) to scroll through the different ships on my radar. Does this alien ship show up there, or do I have to search for it more closely?
Another thing that could possibly help is telling me whether the system that the ship is in is one of the following:
1. Uninhabited or inhabited
2. Always the same, or does the ship jump systems?
3. existant...
Please Help!

you're using tab... heh, i prefer the keys closer together... z,x,c, shift,command, alt, control, a,s,d,8,4,5,6, etc.

anyway, if the alien ship is in the system, then you can always target it. I believe i got the mission you're talking about once. maybe EVula meant Jadzia? also, try the NGC's south of sirgil... i doubt it's south of lethe. All I can suggest is explore the entire southern rim. yeah, it'll take a while, but hmm.. only other thing to do is open the mďsn rsrc in res edit or ev edit.

------------------
(url="http://"http://209.67.19.99/~da_mac/orion/")()rion Productions(/url)
~ Robin ( (url="http://"mailto:funky_cheeze@usa.net")mailto:funky_cheeze@usa.net(/url)funky_cheeze@usa.net

Not helping...
I've checked all the outskirt systems near Sirgil, except for the NGC in the Serpens Nebula, and still haven't found it.
Just a question - Why do so many people use quotes in this board? It's a bit repetitive...

------------------

Hey - guess what?
I used EV-Edit to look in the "Locate Alien Warship" mission, and nowhere did it say WHERE the ship is. I think it may be a randomly generated system...

------------------

ConfusedGuy wrote:
**Hey - guess what?
I used EV-Edit to look in the "Locate Alien Warship" mission, and nowhere did it say WHERE the ship is. I think it may be a randomly generated system...

You could (and should) use ResEditto locate that system. When I got the mission I found the warship somewhere near Deneb. Tryvin or some uninhabited system.

------------------
In the end, the Confederation will win, for the moronic AI helps their superiorly shielded ships.

When I was working for the Rebels, I found the Alien Fighter in Castor. If it's not there, check Alcyon. Then later the Alien Cruiser was in Gamera. I have done that mission three times, and it seems like the Aliens are always in the same systems.

I think the Galactic Scourge plug-in has a fighter bay for Lightnings.

SUPERKEN wrote:
**I work Rebels

AGH! REBELS!
Enough of that crap. He asked for the CONFED missions, which, I suppose, are different from the rebel´s missions.

------------------
In the end, the Confederation will win, for the moronic AI helps their superiorly shielded ships.

SUPERKEN wrote:
**When I was working for the Rebels, I found the Alien Fighter in Castor. If it's not there, check Alcyon. Then later the Alien Cruiser was in Gamera. I have done that mission three times, and it seems like the Aliens are always in the same systems.

WOW, I thought I was alone thinking that!

I think the Galactic Scourge plug-in has a fighter bay for Lightnings.**

So does fighter bays galore, which is smaller to download

------------------
"You all look like happy campers to me. In fact, you are happy campers. You always have been happy campers. As far as I'm concerned, you'll always be happy campers."

-Dan Quayle on a 1990 state trip to Samolia

Hey, guess what - I'm an idiot
when in EV-Edit, I was looking at the wrong part of the screen.
The Cruiser was in Castor, I found it, then destroyed it (those Fighters are SO annoying), and Now have a big bulky Confed Cruiser. I got all the speed upgrades too, so it's even faster than my old corvette. Thanks anyway.

I found them in castor and I found the alian cuiser in Tryvin

------------------
Brenden

Originally posted by Brenden:
**I found them in castor and I found the alian cuiser in Tryvin

Thats were I found em. Confed Cruiser fully upgrades is unbeatable. I find that the Rebel cruiser hasn't enough shields, mind you I can use the cuirer ship to kill most things.

------------------
Those who stand, will always fall.

Tough challenge for you newbies. Try beating the Alien Cruiser with the Defender. It is near and almost impossible but it is capable of doing it. Go ahead and try it.

------------------
Why is there yogurt in this cap?
-It used to be milk but time makes fools of us all.

Originally posted by Desert Fox:
**Tough challenge for you newbies. Try beating the Alien Cruiser with the Defender. It is near and almost impossible but it is capable of doing it. Go ahead and try it.

Why you calling use newbies? Sure they are, but I am not. I have been playing it ever since it first came out. And yes, I know u can do it in a defender, takes about 2 hours but I have done it (almost :frown: died cause I but to much thrust when it was at 5% shields)

------------------
Those who stand, will always fall.