Lots of ideas for EV3

PLEEASE, PLEASE let there be gravity in EV3. that would be really cool, and not too hard to program. That would make it really really cool.

Of course, some ships, like bulk freighters, are heavy and have weak engines. you could make an outfit that would show the radius around large objects where the engines would be insufficient to escape. Kind of like marking the event horizon of a black hole, except it shows where the ship cannot escape from make it like a red circle superimposed over the main view or something.

Or, it could make the planets different colors on the radar depending on their mass, so you know how much gravitational attraction they will cause. It wouldn't be that hard to program it, because its the same kind of stuff as the density scanner and the IFF decoder.

Also, when a ship explodes, it should do dasmage to the nearby ships, and leave a cloud of debris that can damage ships that fly through it. Obviously, the faster a ship flies through a cloud of debris, the more damage it should take.

Having a realistic physics model is important. Normal flight should use fuel, but only a very small amount, and only when you use a thruster. There shouldn't be an arbitrary cap on speed, but rather, i would be determined by the combination of the thrust of the ship, the viscosity of space, and how aerodynamic the ship is. For instance, in a total vacuum you could accelerate until you run out of fuel, but in a nebula you would reach terminal velocity rather quickly and stop accelerating.

You could also put is an option to allow asteroids to do damage when they collide with a ship. If people could turn it on and off that would be nice.

It would also be nice to make it so you can target, shoot at, and destroy the asteroids. Like make the "a" key target the nearest asteroid or something.

Asteroids should also collide when they touch, and be affected by gravity. Like real life. You would have to make the asteroids smaller, and make them travel in some uniform pattern, like orbiting the center of the system, instead of making huge asteroids shoot around randomly at high velocities.

Also, if a ship gets caught in the gravitational field of a planet, or if it approaches the planet way too quickly to land, it should crash instead of going right through

Also, put Capn' Hector in a ship that can actually kick ass (That is, if you want to get paid 😉 ).

If you put most of that into EV3, I will definitely buy it within an hour of the release.

--Yoda

a. Exploding ships DO do damage to your ship. If you are near the explosion, it will severely reduce your shield strength, and sometimes disable ships - I have seen situations where a Confed cruiser explosion disabled a heavily damaged argosy nearby!

Most of these ideas are nice, but you've created too many ways for a ship to blow up. You have to remember that people play this for the gameplay and the storyline. Making the ships too easily destroyed, or making landing a 30-million step process - (avoid gravity field, double-check rate and angle of descent...) it isn't a flight sim. I may be making a premature look here, but I see "this wouldn't be too hard to program" a kazillion times...

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.macaddict.net")www.macaddict.net(/url)

I am sorry to say but i don't like two things in that.
1. I like fuel just being used on afterburner and jumps
2. Sorry but some of my friends can't land anyway why add gravity in to make it harder.

If you read my post before it explains the energy deal and I guess you should use that for in system flight if you are really wanting the drainage

Matrix

------------------
Uhh....Is this one of those trick Questions?

AOL/IM: Will346
Gameranger: (DĹRK) Viper

make gravity an option that you can turn on and of. same thing with asteroids, and using fuel for normal maneuvering.

------------------
-Yoda

i have an awesome idea!

5 different bars showing 5 different things: hyperspace fuel, regular fuel, energy, sheilds, and armour.

the hyperspace fuel is only used when you jump, period.

regular fuel is for afterburners and manuvering.

energy is for weapons such as protons, lasers, beams, ect.

sheilds shows your sheilds, and armour shows your armour.

the reason for having 2 separate bars here is because i think that sheilds should be able to regenerate whether your armour is full or not.

also, armour should regenerate much more slowly than sheilds, if at all 😉

------------------

Originally posted by Whurp:
**i have an awesome idea!

5 different bars showing 5 different things: hyperspace fuel, regular fuel, energy, sheilds, and armour.

the hyperspace fuel is only used when you jump, period.

regular fuel is for afterburners and manuvering.

energy is for weapons such as protons, lasers, beams, ect.

sheilds shows your sheilds, and armour shows your armour.

the reason for having 2 separate bars here is because i think that sheilds should be able to regenerate whether your armour is full or not.

also, armour should regenerate much more slowly than sheilds, if at all 😉

Not being rude or anything but if they did that I wouldn't even bother getting the game. But I agree with the armor thing, you should have to REPAIR it or else perchance a robot to repair it. Since when does ARMOR repair itself :).

------------------
Those who stand, will always fall.

I was thinking and in my opinion ev3 should have a energy bar along with the shields bar. Say you are in a battle and your guns have been blazing so long you only have 2% energy left. If you continue to battle you run the risk of having your energy give out and your guns stop. In which case you would need to retreat or run around until your generator recharges some of your energy bank. And how long that takes depends on the ship you are in and the amount of generator upgrades you have. I know I am kinda rambling but for outfits to enhance your energy you would havetype of generator= energy capacity upgrades on generator= speed of energy recharge

or the other way around whichever if approved ambrosia decides.

------------------
Uhh....Is this one of those trick Questions?

AOL/IM: Will346
Gameranger: (DĹRK) Viper

Originally posted by Yoda:
**Asteroids should also collide when they touch, and be affected by gravity. Like real life. You would have to make the asteroids smaller, and make them travel in some uniform pattern, like orbiting the center of the system, instead of making huge asteroids shoot around randomly at high velocities.

Well, if you want to get REALLY technical (like real life like you say repeatedly), things don't always travel on the same plane. Its a 3D world, and a 2D game. This applies to ships-to-ship, asteroid-to-ship, and asteroid-to-asteroid "collisions". I always just kinda assumed that the Z-axis, in the spirit of the game, would have been controlled by the ship's computer guidance system.
As for your ideas, they all of some merit, but most sound like they are just trying to turn this into a flight sim, which it isn't, and I don't think most people want that to happen, myself included.

------------------
EVula
(url="http://"mailto:evula@evula.com")mailto:evula@evula.com(/url)evula@evula.com

I think it would be cool if : Cap'n Hector was just a parrot. No, listen to me. If there was just a Gray African Parrot flying around in space it would be cool. He could breathe fire and stuff.

------------------
My other ship is also a Kestrel ...

AIM : Grundle004

lol! that would look weird.

actually, rapiers are grey, and those heavy rockets sure damn hurt...

------------------
"Gravity cannot be held responsible for people falling in love" -Albert Einstien

Go to (url="http://"http://www.gamersyndicate.com")www.gamersyndicate.com(/url) for reviews, editorials and the latest gaming news!