Serious Technichal help for quantumire.

Okay, i spent say an hour downloading quantamire, and tried to run it, but it buggered up right at the end of the loading. The little white bar had 2mm to go, and it locked up. I thought it was a software problem so i downloaded ev 1.0.5 again, it still did the same thing. It freezes, can't force quit, sometimes you can't even restart, you have to power off. I took the plugin out, it worked fine, put it back in, same thing. I looked through the Sprites with ev edit, found a few missing and replaced them. These were the escape pod, and one weapon or something. It Still Wont Work!!! It really sucks because it looks like the coolest plug i have ever seen. I am running on a Power Mac 7200/120, and have given EV 15 megs of ram...

MEOWX: Help me please!! I wanna play the cool plugin!

------------------
"How can I make it go faster?" -Me-

Originally posted by Azdara:
**Okay, i spent say an hour downloading quantamire, and tried to run it, but it buggered up right at the end of the loading. The little white bar had 2mm to go, and it locked up. I thought it was a software problem so i downloaded ev 1.0.5 again, it still did the same thing. It freezes, can't force quit, sometimes you can't even restart, you have to power off. I took the plugin out, it worked fine, put it back in, same thing. I looked through the Sprites with ev edit, found a few missing and replaced them. These were the escape pod, and one weapon or something. It Still Wont Work!!! It really sucks because it looks like the coolest plug i have ever seen. I am running on a Power Mac 7200/120, and have given EV 15 megs of ram...

MEOWX: Help me please!! I wanna play the cool plugin!

Like what David wrote in the Doc...give EV at least 30 megs of memory....if you don't got that much, then turn on virtual memory. That should work...PEACE YO!

------------------
~Kwanza~

"Quoted the Kwanza Man...nevermore"

AIM: Kwanzar26

Kwanzasoft Graphics
(url="http://"http://www.crosswinds.net/~kwanza")www.crosswinds.net/~kwanza(/url)

i have the same system and mine had a phase in which the same problem would occur for several of my plugs, and eventually even just ev. i don't think it was a memory thing b/c i allocated an ungodly ammount of memory when i tried to do a scaled graphics plug and never bothered to reset the allocation. i guess you should probably try it anyway, but if it doesn't work have faith that something will. i stopped playing for a while, then came back and it works fine now

Heheh, Um.. in typical Azdara style, i fixed the problem right after posting this message. I just gave it more and more memory. It needs 37 megs. Hell thats a lot.

------------------
"How can I make it go faster?" -Me-

The problem usually lies in the memory.. I got so tired of it so my EV have 35.000 K available alone...

------------------
"Terrorists are here to terrorise"!
-Quote from Vladmimir Ilich Ulianov alias Lenin-

Originally posted by --Eirik--:
**The problem usually lies in the memory.. I got so tired of it so my EV have 35.000 K available alone...

If terrorists are here to terrorise and critics are here to criticise
Are aussies here to ostracise?

------------------