Graphics Program Question

I'm in the process of creating a few different plug-ins, however I don't know how to make any new PICTs. Do any of you know any really good graphics program that makes nice looking graphics? If you do, please give me as much info as possible.

------------------

My favorite is the well-known program of Bryce. It is easy to use-and has a wide range of capabilities. However, it is not terribly good for modeling ships-but I have made some impressive ship designs with it.

Infini-D is the program that made the original EV ships. It is slightly similar to Bryce-but rather old. It might be freeware, but I realy don't know.

Mechanisto is another thingy that has been used by many plug-in developers. I barely know anything about it, but I know it does have downloadable demos.

Carrara is an almost unheard-of program. Probably because it's brand-new. I do have it though, and it is ONE OF THE BEST PROGRAMS OUT THERE! It's like all the above combined, and with the capabilities of Ray Dream Studio. It's got a spline-modeler, vertex-modeler, and METABALL modelling.
Let me give you some advice: if any program has a metaball modeler, it's got Media Grade qualities (it can be used in commercials and the like).
It also has a new feature called 'Physics'. This lets you apply the laws of physics to any object like a preset! You can make fallen leaves sweep up from a gust of wind, or make a ball bounc on the ground automatically!

Carrara is not necessary for EV ship designing though. I suggest Infini-D and/or Bryce.

(You would get more replies if you post on the developer's board!)

hmmmm...workable 3D ships in Bryce...sounds like too much work...

Bryce is usually just used for landscape picts...that's what all the landing PICTS in EV and EVO were made with...Matt Dailey uses it too...most people do, but only for landing PICTS

As far as a modelling program, how much money do you have...Mechanisto is very good for the price ($20)...it is shareware, and can do anything..registering just erases moral guilt...

If you have money, try Infini-D or Ray Dream...if you have lots of money (I mean ALOT) try out Lightwave...

------------------
Kraig Hill
--------------------------------
"It's better to burn out then to be forgotten" - Neil Young
--------------------------------
http://www3.cybercit...lyde/index.html

As a matter of fact, you can pull off some very impressive ships in Bryce (especially 4.0 which I have)

Where can I get these graphics programs?

------------------

infini-d is not freeware, and isn't worth the charge. i have 4.5, and it isn't worth it, spend the extra and get carrara.

bryce is intended for landscape pics, like kraig stated, i wouldn't bother using it for ships. (although it works very very very well for landing pics)

mechanisto is great for if you just wanted to do light, easy, graphics (nothing fancy)

i would definitely suggest going for carrara 1.0

------------------
Jeremy Woodruff as,
THE WHITE SHADOW

Hey, if you are a student or teacher, you can get really good discounts on all this software for the Mac. A good place to check out is (url="http://"http://www.journeyed.com")www.journeyed.com(/url)
Jude

------------------