To all people that have made plugs

Dear all of the people who have made plugs and know how to make them,
I'm making my own plug right now and what I can't figure out is how to make it so that when you paste a picture in ResEdit it stays in the same resolution when you open it. (like a title pic looks like a really small title pic. How do ou make it better? Or any ideas? Also what is the clut used for and if it is for the title pic then am I suppose to go find every single stinkin' color. And I can't figure out how to alter a pilot file. I don't know how to do the hexadecimal stuff and I don't know the template for Mpďl.

Kryptauros

------------------
I once saw a guy with a 24 pack of Bud Light and a couple of roses. HUH?

When you see all your PICT resources in ResEdit, you are seeing thumbnails. Double-click on the thumbnail, and you'll see the full image.

------------------
God. Root. What is difference?
-Pitr

AIM: obormot345

Originally posted by Kryptauros:
**Dear all of the people who have made plugs and know how to make them,
I'm making my own plug right now and what I can't figure out is how to make it so that when you paste a picture in ResEdit it stays in the same resolution when you open it. (like a title pic looks like a really small title pic. How do ou make it better? Or any ideas? Also what is the clut used for and if it is for the title pic then am I suppose to go find every single stinkin' color. And I can't figure out how to alter a pilot file. I don't know how to do the hexadecimal stuff and I don't know the template for Mpďl.

Kryptauros

The "CLUT" is used for a custom set of colors for a title pic, other pics in EV/) use the standard 256-color system palette. You should be able to get a custom "CLUT" by exporting the palette used by the application you use to make the title picture - note that you are still limited to 256 colors.

There is no template for pilot files; if you want one you will have to make it yourself.

------------------
Joe Burnette

"I find that humans can be divided into only two meaningful categories: Decent Humans and Sonsofbitches; both types appear to be evenly distributed
among all shapes, colors, sizes, and nationalities." -- Keith Laumer

I know what a thumbnail is and crap, its just when I click on the thumbnail twice the image is reduced greatly sometimes. I've tried pasting it as a unique ID and that didn't work. I've been using EV-Edit very little only to get the pictures on and the systems. But I know that you can't put a title picture on EV-Edit. So anybody have any suggestions?
Thanks to those of you who have already replied.

Kryptauros

------------------

Are you sure the image is 72 dpi?

------------------
God. Root. What is difference?
-Pitr

AIM: obormot345

Well, are you opening up the picture in: Graphic Converter, Picture Viewer, or something like that? If so...I should work. If you're opening it up in ResEdit then pasting it...then you'll have an iconed picture of the full sized version. That may be it...

------------------
~Kwanza~

"Quoted the Kwanza Man...nevermore"

I've been usin Color It! and I've even tried it with Adobe Illustator. Those wouldn't work and I've got graphic converter, what do I do with it? Should I still copy/paste? Or should I do something else with it?

Kryptauros

------------------

ok guys this is getting to be a real pain in the butt. I've tried copying it with graphic converter and I can't get it because it won't work or i'm not doing it right. I dont know how I got the side bar pic to get copied into the plug but it just did. Can anybody help me out there. I've even asked a guy who is working on the images for a plug and he can't figure it out. Help!!!!!!!!! :frown:

------------------

Well, you gotta' admit, it's a pain in the butt because you're being kinda' vague. "It doesn't work" doesn't work.

Illustrator works in thousands of colors. EV works in 256. Obviously a nasty clash here. Here's how I see it:

(list=1)
() Save your Illustrator file as a PICT.
(
) Import it into GraphicConverter.
() Convert it to 256 colors. It might be a little grainy, but that's what you get.
(
) Save if need be. Copy the image and paste into ResEdit.
(/list=a)

There's some interesting problem with the CLUTS that one experiences sometimes. I tried to create a graphic in Photoshop; when this was converted and pasted into ResEdit, it looked fine. When it showed up on EV, however, there were lots of bright green pixels. This cannot be planned in advance; it either happens (and usually it doesn't) or it doesn't.

Good luck.

------------------
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here - this is the War Room!"
-Dr. Strangelove
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Will Oram

Thanks for all of your answers guys. I just barely figured it out. i hope that this helps anyone who is also having the same trouble.
Cheers
Kryptauros

------------------